+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Would of, should of, could of....agree or disagree....the season is over and Sandra won. Hopefully they will quit doing these AS shows and bring back the original seasons with players, not actors.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3905408;
    I;m all for there being only 2 in the end... 3 is ridiculous and part of the problem for the last few endings.
    yeah, the final 3 ending is horrible. in season 1, a final 3 would have surely resulted in rudy winning (although i doubt he would have been around, if it was known to be a final 3..)... you can bet richard hatch wouldn't have won a final 3, though.... vrs any combination of the last 6 ppl.

this season, it may not have changed the ending but at least it reduces the chance of the coattail rider that ruffles the least amt of feathers winning.. i.e. sandra vs russell, sandra still wins. russell vs parv, someone worthy wins. parv vs sandra, i'm not sure.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis;3905424;
    yeah, the final 3 ending is horrible. in season 1, a final 3 would have surely resulted in rudy winning (although i doubt he would have been around, if it was known to be a final 3..)... you can bet richard hatch wouldn't have won a final 3, though.... vrs any combination of the last 6 ppl.

this season, it may not have changed the ending but at least it reduces the chance of the coattail rider that ruffles the least amt of feathers winning.. i.e. sandra vs russell, sandra still wins. russell vs parv, someone worthy wins. parv vs sandra, i'm not sure.
    Essentially, this was Parvati vs. Sandra so Sandra would win that. And Russell and Parvati are both worthy? Now THAT is funny!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905396;
    There's one big, fat reason why he'd go early: He's wildly unpredictable and has a knack at lunging at people's throats like a rabid pit bull. He can't be trusted to not turn on you. He's turned on his alliance members and, if you get on his wrong side for whatever reason, he comes gunning for you.

He's also unpleasant as hell. And people may want to keep their socks, machetes, etc.
    But see, people who think this way are going to lose anyway. I think the major stragegist is the person who figures out how to take Russell to the finals and not get ousted along the way. Um, Parvati? As much as she creeps me out, I know she's a masterful player in this game, and if she had worked the jury a little better, could have won. Taking Russell to final tribal council turns an F3 into an F2. I'd take those odds. Lots of people there are disagreeable and unpleasant. You deal with it, if you want to win.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by CrappyCrewSucks;3905428;
    Essentially, this was Parvati vs. Sandra so Sandra would win that. And Russell and Parvati are both worthy? Now THAT is funny!!!
    Nobody is saying that they are nice people, but Russell and Parvati at least had game... Sandra was just lame.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CrappyCrewSucks;3905428;
    And Russell and Parvati are both worthy? Now THAT is funny!!!
    How so?

ed: and I'll disagree in regards to a final 2 of sandra vs parvati being the same thing. it isn't. esp if parvati is the one that wins immunity, and chooses to remove russell

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis;3905414;
    all the jury members weren't wrong, but the ones that voted for sandra were. haha. if shows keep ending like this, then survivor won't last a whole lot longer. i'd be shocked if something didn't change in the format for next season.
    You need to read my post a few pages back to see exactly how Sandra won this game. IMHO you and others care to look at brashness instead of the little things that others do to win.

That said, the ONLY way they'd ever be able to change the rules is to do a 50/50 thing - 50 percent of the final decision is the placing in a set of survival challenges then the jury votes - and they automatically choose a winner - 1 per vote. I'm thinking along the lines of something like "Boot Camp," where the final two competed in 6 challenges then the jury voted for a specific one. Most points won.

That said, there is a HUGE set of drawbacks here:

1. They'd have to vote out the last challengee at Day 37 and have the finalists then so it could be two days

2. The jury could STILL possibly decide the winner based on contests. In "Boot Camp," the male boot won 6 of the seven challenges, but the female one won every single of the jury's votes to win out over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3905429;
    I think the major stragegist is the person who figures out how to take Russell to the finals and not get ousted along the way.
    There's a point here and I agree... I just don't think that future players are going to expose themselves to the risk of siding with Russell. He's like a volatile explosive that could blow apart in your face at any moment.

Further, (and nothing against Sandra, who I feel entire earned the win) I think Parvati lost primarily because she teamed up with Russell. He's poison.

The common sense move is to defuse the bomb and get rid of the charge right off the bat. They did it with Jonny Fairplay is AS, they'll do it with Russa Hayntz if and when he returns.

PS: Man, I hope he spends part of that $100K on a nice dental implant for that missing tooth. Not for nothing, but that - combined with his horrible command of the English language - really makes him look like a hick.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905474;
    There's a point here and I agree... I just don't think that future players are going to expose themselves to the risk of siding with Russell. He's like a volatile explosive that could blow apart in your face at any moment.
    Future players should learn to just not do anything at all, that way right from the get-go they'll have a better than average chance of winning..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905474;

Further, (and nothing against Sandra, who I feel entire earned the win) I think Parvati lost primarily because she teamed up with Russell. He's poison.

The common sense move is to defuse the bomb and get rid of the charge right off the bat. They did it with Jonny Fairplay is AS, they'll do it with Russa Hayntz if and when he returns.

PS: Man, I hope he spends part of that $100K on a nice dental implant for that missing tooth. Not for nothing, but that - combined with his horrible command of the English language - really makes him look like a hick.
    I read somewhere that he has an implant for that tooth, but he chose not to wear it because that was the impression he wanted to make.

I agree with you about his lack of command of the English language.
    He's almost as bad as Sandra.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread