+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm happy. Russell, take it like a man and admit you failed at the social game twice in a row, and please return to your spot under the bridge. Sandra, don't worry about coattail riding. You worked the heroes on the jury like a pro with your speeches about wanting to help save them from Russell. Enjoy your 2nd million bucks and hope your man comes home safe. Parvati, you took the loss like a champ. I never liked you but today, I like you a little better.

And please, no more "celebrity" Survivor second and third chances. I don't see any reason to watch Amanda or Colby or Rupert ever again. Fresh blood from here on out.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Why would you not need to be social when it comes to the jury? In this game if they don't like anything about a person they are voted out along the way. Don't like the way someone snores-they're out. Don't like the stories they tell-they're out. Don't like someone chopping wood or losing a chicken-OUT! The game is social all the way through. Randy was out because he didn't fit in. How many others in how many season were out because they were annoying, outspoken, old, immature, greedy, annoying, fat, lazy, ate green bananas, etc, etc, etc......

Russell was so brilliant because he played a schoolyard bully game? Nope. Entertaining, yes, in some regards. The brilliant ones are the ones who let the big brute run around and take the hits. Is it great gameplay to not only vote someone out but to rub their nose in it like a puppy being housetrained? Maybe good to watch, but who will live through that and hand you a million dollars for the honor of being left to feel like total crap? Brilliant would have been Russell slinging perhaps a hundred less threats throughout the game.That wide eyed look telling everyone they will go home or do as I say does not get you a vote.

If anyone has a gripe it's Parvati. She took the loss like a woman. She played a heck of a game, made her own moves, also told Russell to his face that she would not be bullied and she doesn't ride coattails. Problem is she played a game a little too close to a mad dog and woke up with a few of his fleas, so she lost. I liked the game she played this time, but I understand why she didn't get the votes. If you're going to keep a dog as a pet you need to be able to keep him a short leash. She couldn't, so therefore she couldn't claim to have control of the game. It's a catch 22.

We can argue to the cows come home that Russell should have won, and last season maybe he should have. Maybe this season Parvarti should have. JT should have lost to Stephen. And so it goes....we see some things the jury doesn't see. We know some moves they have no idea of. We have an advantage being a viewer outside of the game that the jury does not have. We may have an edited version of events, but in a way their version is edited as well. They don't know everything. They didn't know how much Parvati stood up to Russell. They saw Sandra do it-and so she won. The show is not flawed. It is what it always was. It's like sitting on jury duty. You hear what is presented but sometimes not the entire backstory. Seems like Russell's backstory was all bully as well. Parvati's story had many layers.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-17-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Americans like to rubber-neck at car accidents, and Horror films make billions in this country so I guess that explains why some people like watching Russell. The thing I find most objectionable about him is his obvious disrespect for women. He chooses to align himself with women because he believes he can control and manipulate them. He thinks he is smarter than anyone, but especially any woman and he has called every woman he has aligned with a ‘dumb b$@*h’ at some point during the show. This all comes straight from his mouth. I see his strategy as nothing more than lie to everyone that he is in an alliance with him, and then vote the way he thinks is best for him. That is a losing strategy every time, and not what I would call witty. We’ve seen it twice now – I certainly hope American (and TPTB at Survivor) don’t feel the need to see it again. He said himself that he doesn’t care about the jury – proof positive that he doesn’t get the game at all. Last season, finding the II’s was pretty impressive, but this season he was completely outplayed at his own game by Parvati and he still thought he was in control the entire time. At the finale, he showed some hint of recognizing that Parvati had outplayed him, but he still didn’t get that since she had played such a similar game to his that she didn’t win either. Playing to the jury is a HUGE part of the game, and anyone playing should expect the jury not to vote against them if your only strategy was to tell everyone that you’re in an alliance with them. Evidence to his skill, in his mind, is that he made it to the end twice – but a big reason for that is that everyone playing the game against him recognizes the fact that he would lose against the jury and so they want him there in the end with them.

I’ve never been a huge Richard Hatch fan, but I have to say he got the social part of this game right from the get-go when I was still rooting for the people who were strongest in the challenges. I also didn’t care for Boston Rob on his original season, but have grown to respect him as probably the best player of this game to never have won. As for Sandra having ridden coattails – well, if that’s what you want to call it, I think its been proven to be a winning strategy. At least she recognized early on what a snake Russell was and tried all along to get him out, while even members of the Heroes tribe seemed taken in by Russell. She made many moves to try to get him out, and once the Heroes saw that she was right about him all along, she was rewarded with a win. So who’s coattails was Sandra supposed to be riding? If anybodys, she was riding Parvati’s not Russell's. IMO, though, she managed to stay in the game when all of her alliance was booted and ended up winning in the end so I think she deserves alot of credit for somehow finding a way to win not once, but twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3905375;
    But see, if Russell is asked back for another season, and I fully expect that he will be, why wouldn't he go to final tribal council? He's been there twice and lost. What kind of moron wouldn't take him to sit next to them?
    There's one big, fat reason why he'd go early: He's wildly unpredictable and has a knack at lunging at people's throats like a rabid pit bull. He can't be trusted to not turn on you. He's turned on his alliance members and, if you get on his wrong side for whatever reason, he comes gunning for you.

He's also unpleasant as hell. And people may want to keep their socks, machetes, etc.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal
    Problem is she played a game a little too close to a mad dog and woke up with a few of his fleas, so she lost.
    Perfect analogy. I hate that she got lumped in with him in the jury's eye, because she definitely had her own thing going on. I'm not upset that Sandra won, but I think Parv deserved it more. Personally, I appreciate the bolder players over the UTR ones. And while I enjoyed watching Russell stomp and bluster his way into the final three - he is the king of bold players - he's just never going to win the big prize that way. He makes for good TV, though!

And you just know he's going to be back in a future All-Stars. No way they wouldn't include him. I wonder if he'd change his strategy after losing twice, or does he feel vindicated after winning the fan fave prize?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Regular

I don't understand how America voted him for the best player. I just adds to his ego thinking he really is the best player and that he did nothing wrong and the jury members are all wrong. I guess he won by default. But I think Sandra should have won America's vote, too, because she did play a great strategic game - much better than Russell. And how Russell says there is a flaw in the game? The flaw is in HIS game, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis;3905359;
    probably not, but i wouldn't be surprised if the game were changed somehow to prevent more results like the last two seasons. possibly back to a final 2
    I;m all for there being only 2 in the end... 3 is ridiculous and part of the problem for the last few endings.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3905403;
    Perfect analogy. I hate that she got lumped in with him in the jury's eye, because she definitely had her own thing going on. I'm not upset that Sandra won, but I think Parv deserved it more. Personally, I appreciate the bolder players over the UTR ones. And while I enjoyed watching Russell stomp and bluster his way into the final three - he is the king of bold players - he's just never going to win the big prize that way. He makes for good TV, though!

And you just know he's going to be back in a future All-Stars. No way they wouldn't include him. I wonder if he'd change his strategy after losing twice, or does he feel vindicated after winning the fan fave prize?
    I'd have to disagree with you - I think Sandra played a much better game and deserved it more. Sure, I am biased (I really can't stand Parvati) but I think so. And I don't think she that much bolder than Sandra - she was just aligned with Russell from early on and Sandra was not. If you think she deserves it more due to her being better in the challenges, I will give that to you. But I think that aspect is overrated in the game. If anyone can make it to the end by NOT having immunity ever, I think that shows they are strategically superior.

FORT Regular

Quick quesion for anyone - CBS used to have a tribal council page that shows how everyone voted each time. I've search all over their site and can find nothing. Anyone have an idea?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CrappyCrewSucks;3905406;
    I don't understand how America voted him for the best player. I just adds to his ego thinking he really is the best player and that he did nothing wrong and the jury members are all wrong. I guess he won by default. But I think Sandra should have won America's vote, too, because she did play a great strategic game - much better than Russell. And how Russell says there is a flaw in the game? The flaw is in HIS game, obviously.
    all the jury members weren't wrong, but the ones that voted for sandra were. haha. if shows keep ending like this, then survivor won't last a whole lot longer. i'd be shocked if something didn't change in the format for next season.

+ Reply to Thread