+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3905134;
    Speaking of the letter - given that they sell "Survivor" memorabilia, I have a feeling even Russell will not have that claim to his fame unless he bids on it (or they gave him a Xeroxed copy). They don't even get to keep their buffs because those are sold on the auction block.
    I bet that they would sell it to Russell for $100,000.

I disagree that Sandra didn't make any moves. When the tribes were combined she went repeatedly to the heroes to try and vote out Russell.

At final council she reminded them of that and that is how she won. She told them what to do, they ignored her and she was right. They rewarded her with a million.

I think Pavarti is the best player since the first season. (The first season set up the rest of the games, alliances and such, but noone really knew what they were doing in the first season except Hatch). Pavarti makes alliances that get her to the end. She plays the egos of people to help her get far in the game.

Russell wanted to vote her out at least three tribals in row. Two of them she won immunity. The last she talked Russell out of it. That is serious game play. She also knew that the smart play was to get rid of Sandra in the last vote.

Russell in all his arrogance didn't think Sandra would get a vote and that he had Jerri's vote in his pocket. Russell knows how to OutBully and that is about it. It gets him to the end, but noone is going to give you a vote for making them feel like crap. Bad end game. There are plenty of players who are better all around players than Russell. Russell made it to the end in this game partly because they hadn't seen him play before. So this season can't be a measure of his greatness. Just the others stupidity.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic

I am really disappointed Rob didn't get fanfavorite Or whatever the pity 100k is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3905186;
    The award is for America's Favorite, not the best player ever. America likes Russell, faults and all.
    Please don't speak for all of America, okay? I don't see anything about Russell that is likeable. However, if you like the guy, that is okay. You and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm with Russell 100% - they need to change up the format of the show. I'm sick and tired of the "wrong" person winning. Starting right at the first season with Richard winning instead of Rudy... and now Sandra winning over Russell and Parvarti??? totally ticks me off to have the seasons end with a "coat-tail-rider" winning over a person who sticks their neck out and makes ballsy moves. The jury is just full of a bunch of bitter players who are mad because somebody lied to them... give me a break, they're all liars, I say grow up and vote for the best player. And what's with 3 players at the end? that's just dumb, go back to 2 players and that way at least a crowd favorite might at least have a chance. The producers should be getting a clue about how America is voting and who the actual winner is.... they'd better start trying to please the public or the show could start to lose viewers, I watch for MY entertainment and having Sandra win and be given the title of ulitimate Survivor didn't impress me in the slightest, nor any of the others I watch with. I'd have been ok with Pav winning, but Sandra?? big thumbs down.. the jury was a bunch of babies
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Wow! I wasn't counting on the fact that the jury was a bunch of sore losers. Come on! Pavarti should have won it. She had a strategy. Sandra was a leech. And won both times doing nothing. Undeserved both times. The jury was a bunch of sore losers. Come on, lying is part of the game. And they should know, how many seasons has this show been running? I just can't believe they could reward someone undeserving (Rupert did it twice). Parvati deserved it because she was able to evade being voted out several times since the very beginning. Sandra was just lucky both times.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3905201;
    "At least with Russell there was some semblance of strategy behind his burning of Jaison's socks, but with Sandra it was just out of spite." I don't really think Sandra was thinking of messing with his mind when she did that.
    All right then this, - spite or strategy claimsI don't care. Neither are something to condone in either case because it's destruction of personal property.

I have wondered what Jenna Morasca and others from her Amazon season who lost stuff in an accidental fire or those in Australia who lost some of their property in the floodwaters (yes, the camp was stupidly placed that way, but still...) felt when both destroyed property intentionally.

I love both Rob and Russell. I am happy that Russell one the fan vote. I would have been happy either way. I really don't think Russell plays to win. Russell plays to get into peoples heads and he does it well. Boston Rob is Hot!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3905170;
    He was kidding about changing the rules.

But the thing is that he makes the game so much more entertaining. It would have been boring without him this season. And, personally, I find Sandra more mean-spirited than Russell. I mean, she burnt his hat for no reason. At least with Russell there was some semblance of strategy behind his burning of Jaison's socks, but with Sandra it was just out of spite. Sandra shouldn't really have won- Parvati at least made some strategic moves in the game.
    Russell said and did some things not for strategic purposes but because he enjoys hurting people for no other reason than it entertains him. Winning a million dollars isn't his motivation- he is motivated by a pathological need to be the center of attention by any means necessary. Therefore, in his mind he is a winner ebcause hew as able to make it to the last day, ensuring him the oppurtunity to ring out every last nanosecond of tv face time. Everything he does is designed to keep the focus on him, good or bad. IT's the Rusell Hanz show 24/7.
    On the other hand Sandra threw Rusells hat into the fire because he acted like an utter and complete jacka## toward her for 39 straight days. Right or wrong, she didn't do it just for kicks and giggles. His behavior and attitude motived her. She certainly didn't throw anyone elses stuff into the fire at any time during her seasons on Survivor.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Come on people. Survivor isn't going to change up the format of the show just because Russell can't win with a jury of his peers. Why should they? The show is just fine like it is. It isn't the format that is the problem. Russell has no one to blame but himself. His gameplan is flawed.

+ Reply to Thread