+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I adore Russell - both seasons of him. However, I get why people despise him.

Two things became clear for me after tonight's show....

Russell is right. He's played back-to-back games without the benefit of some down time to regroup. Honestly, I give him that.

Rob is right. Russell plays to get to the end, but he doesn't play to win. That was SOOO well stated and the essence of Russell's weakness in this game.

I hope that with some time away, he'll see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3905151;
    See, to me it's him playing the game 100%. It's all he cares about. It may be his downfall, but I respect him for playing like that.
    I respect having a strategy and throwing your back into it. I don't respect dissing others and being rude when it doesn't pan out.

And I really, REALLY, don't respect the notion that Survivor should become a warped version of American Idol, where the public votes for their favorites. That Russell would even suggest such a thing is revolting.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fanatic

I haven't navigated all 21 pages yet but has it been explained why/how Russel knew he didn't win last season? Near the end of the episode before tribal he said he picked two people he knew he could beat and it didn't work. But how would he know that?

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3905159;
    I haven't navigated all 21 pages yet but has it been explained why/how Russel knew he didn't win last season? Near the end of the episode before tribal he said he picked two people he knew he could beat and it didn't work. But how would he know that?
    I wondered about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905157;
    I respect having a strategy and throwing your back into it. I don't respect dissing others and being rude when it doesn't pan out.

And I really, REALLY, don't respect the notion that Survivor should become a warped version of American Idol, where the public votes for their favorites. That Russell would even suggest such a thing is revolting.
    I agree. But really, they all throw insults and say things they shouldn't. It makes it hard to find someone to root for. And Sandra burning Russell's hat? What was up with that?

It could be like Big Brother Season 1!

Also, love how everyone was throwing Russell under the bus. If he was so evil and nasty why didn't they vote him out?

You know, thinking about Russell's responses and the audience's reaction in the note LIVE reunion special, I'm wondering if CBS is getting the notion that people who commonly watch do not like him and it may be a disaster if they let him play another season and make it this far to the end?

And - as far as the player of the season - the lines are Sprint only, and if you can afford the dime a message or whatnot to vote, I believe you can vote as many times as you'd like. The free CBS voting usually is just the one vote. To me, it has little if any true standard on who wins this award.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BTW - if I have this right, Parvati has been on the show 114 days - that means she's made it to the final two twice (39X2 - 78), meaning that she was then there 36 more days, which means she was sixth I think in her first season, possibly five if it still was final 2 (I did not watch her first season). That's impressive in its own right, as is Sandra winning BOTH seasons she's played.

And it's so obvious that Russell never saw Pearl Islands - the woman was smart enough and a good negotiator enough to trade a gold choker in that town for a chicken dinner, aluminum foil, spices, I think some grilling items, the utensils - just a bunch of useful items to take with them to the camp. She along with Rupert stealing the shoes the other tribe stupidly left in their raft (where he "stole" if you were wondering about his comments) and some good negotiating is why their team dominated the challenges that season.

That's one thing I'd like to see Russell have to do - be in a season where Jeff tells them they have to purchase the items and such. With his case of sabotaging his own tribe in Samoa the first time, it'd be interesting if he'd attempt this in order to gain an advantage...)
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-16-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3905159;
    It was obvious when the jury questioning ended last season that Russell would not win. He knew it and the viewing audience knew it.

I'm happy that he once again won the viewer vote (I helped out on that one). I will go to my grave thinking he was one of the best who never won. Just saying!

ETA: It was also obvious from the final TC that he didn't win this season either.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905136;
    First off, SOME people like Russell. Others of us find him detestable, and with good reason. I, for one, don't hate him because he's cocky... I dislike him because he's a selfish, mean-spirited, arrogant blamer who can't - or simply refuses to - get his mind around the game. For me, he ruins Survivor. He's the world's sorest loser, constantly insisting that there is always some reason other than his lousy strategy for his losses... that's pathetic and sad. The mere fact that he thinks the rules of the game should be changed so that he can win is infuriating.
    He was kidding about changing the rules.

But the thing is that he makes the game so much more entertaining. It would have been boring without him this season. And, personally, I find Sandra more mean-spirited than Russell. I mean, she burnt his hat for no reason. At least with Russell there was some semblance of strategy behind his burning of Jaison's socks, but with Sandra it was just out of spite. Sandra shouldn't really have won- Parvati at least made some strategic moves in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3905163;

And - as far as the player of the season - the lines are Sprint only, and if you can afford the dime a message or whatnot to vote, I believe you can vote as many times as you'd like. The free CBS voting usually is just the one vote. To me, it has little if any true standard on who wins this award.
    No, you can vote online. There is a 10-time limit per account. I voted for Russell 10 times.

The whole idea of people who've been eliminated or killed off rising from the dead to eliminate you is funky. I agree with Russell; it's lame! It's ghostly and ghastly. The least they could do is have the finalists draw pistols at dawn or set up a The Good, The Bad and The Ugly finish.

I do think, however, Russell is a sociopath. He's incapable of feeling what others feel or caring. Jeff asked him question I asked on FORT a few days ago.

P.S. JT throwing his laminated letter to Russell in the fire was funny live tv.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

+ Reply to Thread