+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Popularity " favorite of the season"

Re: Popularity " favorite of the season"

She also made some bold moves. But the Heroes didn't like her....guilty by association with Russell.
    Her boldest move was giving away the 2 HII. Looking back, that move cost her the $1mil because it started the downfall of the Heroes and the Heroes never forgotten that...giving her NO votes. You don't go alienating the majority of the jury and expect to win.

On hindsight, you can say it was a DUMB move.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3914178;
    Her boldest move was giving away the 2 HII. Looking back, that move cost her the $1mil because it started the downfall of the Heroes and the Heroes never forgotten that...giving her NO votes. You don't go alienating the majority of the jury and expect to win.

On hindsight, you can say it was a DUMB move.
    Huh? If she didn't make that move, then the Villains may have lost their numbers and then they would have been picked off. To say it was a dumb move is something I can't grasp.

And alienating the majority? Didn't the Heroes alienate her at the merge? And voting out the people who want you gone to me isn't alienating...

It was her only move at that point. There was nothing Parv could have done to better herself in that game with the jury. They hated her from the outset and hated her all the way through. Sandra was picked because they "liked" her more. Bottom line. If it would have been a 2 person final with Parv vs. Russell, Parv would have won in that situation, and probably only that situation because Russell was the only player in the game more hated than Parvati.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3914528;
    It was her only move at that point. There was nothing Parv could have done to better herself in that game with the jury. They hated her from the outset and hated her all the way through. Sandra was picked because they "liked" her more. Bottom line. If it would have been a 2 person final with Parv vs. Russell, Parv would have won in that situation, and probably only that situation because Russell was the only player in the game more hated than Parvati.
    I agree here, however, I have this feeling that - at least game time - had it been a final two and Russell got to choose, he would've kept Sandra. He's not so idiotic (I'm sorry, but alienating the jury is an idiotic move) that he'd keep the ONLY person he felt that was competition to him winning with him in the final two.

And, while I do feel Sandra played a good game in her own way, Parvati was indeed a better strategic player - one in his eyes.

While he says he thinks Parvati should've won, I think it's safe to say that had she did he'd STILL be bitter that she won, and would've torn her a new one like he was trying to do with Sandra.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3914255;
    Huh? If she didn't make that move, then the And alienating the majority? Didn't the Heroes alienate her at the merge? And voting out the people who want you gone to me isn't alienating...
    Of course she alienated the Heroes. None of them voted for her.

Giving away the 2 HII was a good move on that particular night but it started the downfall of the Heroes and lost her the millions in the end. The Heroes never really forgiven her. I was trying to say that huge move of hers wasn't so smart in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3915486;
    Of course she alienated the Heroes. None of them voted for her.

Giving away the 2 HII was a good move on that particular night but it started the downfall of the Heroes and lost her the millions in the end. The Heroes never really forgiven her. I was trying to say that huge move of hers wasn't so smart in the long run.
    This does lead me to wonder - if a Survivor is going to hand over the hidden immunity idol to someone else, couldn't they just decide to hand them over to someone before the council and not have to actually give them to the person/people that are going to use them?

The reason I ask is if they have to hand them over during the council, Parvati had no choice and it was weird luck that it cost her votes in the end. However, if she could've done it before hand - people could've thought "Oh, that sneaky Sandra and Jerri," and they'd lost votes that would've gone to Parvati in the end - because she'd had her hands washed of the incident and looked like an "angel" to the heroes. May have put a target on her back, but we saw her get just about every single II afterward.

I think handing it over at TC is grandstanding most of the time. Especially the way Parv did it, with a big grin on her face and exaggerated gestures. She made the big move, and I think she wanted it that way because it would show the jury how she was 'playing the game' hard and being strategic.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3915976;
    I think handing it over at TC is grandstanding most of the time. Especially the way Parv did it, with a big grin on her face and exaggerated gestures. She made the big move, and I think she wanted it that way because it would show the jury how she was 'playing the game' hard and being strategic.
    Her big EGO cost her the title in the end. She could also have Russell do all that dirty work and appear squeaky clean to the Heroes.

I agree she did not play a 100% perfect game, and the wiser move in hindsight would have been to give Russell the idol and let him do all the dirty work, but I think that Parv didn't do that because she didn't even know how she was going to end up using the idols until the end of TC. But I digress. I guess its time to move on. See you guys on the Fresh Meat board.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345