+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3902894;
    That scene they showed during this, in the beginning, where Russell was laying near Parvati and staring at her from about 12 inches away really creeped me out. Ugh.

Russell still doesn't get it. Parvati and Sandra are not the kind of player, or women for that matter, who will cower beside a big strong man when things don't go their way, especially not in this game. It must have driven him mental hearing them laughing at him after Sandra's "I'm against you, Russell" when he realized that Parvati would be just fine after Danielle was gone, that she doesn't need him at all, and that the whole thing amuses her.

I think I love Parvati and Sandra for that scene. Especially their refusing to be intimidated by him in the slightest. And for that, and for Jerri's "betrayal" they are all "b**ches" to him.
    You have made some very good points. It seems to me that the ONLY woman that Russell has given any credit for their gameplay is Parvati. I don't know what it is about Parvati, but she sure knows how to work the men.

I think that Russell has a crush on Parvati, and he is acting like she just cheated on him!!! Russell can see that his "fear tactics" are not working anymore. Sandra and Parvati don't fear him ... they literally laughed in his face. Jerri still fears him, yet Russell referred to her last night as an ungrateful "b**ch". None of these women are still there because Russell is such a good guy. They are there to be used and abused by him so that he can get to the FTC. He is truly delusional.

It is fun to watch Russell squirm, though. He is a pathological liar in this game, but he always seems so offended when someone lies to him - either by withholding information or by flat out lying to him.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 05-14-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Rupert turned around and gave them the evil eye as he was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;3902553;
    Which was pretty damn awesome.
    It runs in the family......
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3903054;
    Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Rupert turned around and gave them the evil eye as he was leaving.

It runs in the family......
    Remind me not to ever get on your bad side.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Has anybody watched Ponderosa? I didn't know Rupert smoked!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;3903094;
    Has anybody watched Ponderosa? I didn't know Rupert smoked!
    He has smoked forever. He has quit several times and knows it's a nasty habit. He tries not to smoke in front of "his kids", but it's not the worse they have seen. I'm sure he is cringing at all the clips of him smoking. He doesn't even smoke in his own house.
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3902928;
    I don't know what it is about Parvati, but she sure knows how to work the men.
    She is just flat out smart. She's been reviled over the seasons for using her "hotness" (hate that description of anyone) - but there have been "hotter" women on the show, for being manipulative - but there have been more manipulative (Cirie was a master at manipulation), for being flirtatious - but there are so many women who have been or tried to be equally flirtatious. Parvati is ahead of them all because she is smart, she can reason, and she can see the long game.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

There was so much about this episode that was good to watch. Sandra telling Russell she was against him was hysterical, especially with Parvati laughing after she said it. Sandra's shoutout to Rupert that 'loose lips sink ships'. The look on Russell's face when Jerri didn't take him on the reward. Sandra pulling the idol out of her bra, suprising them all. She was the only this season that kept her HII completely to herself. Parvati's reeactment of Sandra telling Russell she was against him was quite funny too.

I think if Parvati is smart (and I believe she is) she would take Sandra and Russell with her. Russell because I think he is so hated that he won't get the votes again. Sandra as a previous winner is good to go against. I think Sandra should take Russell and Parvati for the same reasons. I hope Sandra wins again, but I wouldn't mind Parvati at this point because I think she has made some brilliant moves.
    Last edited by justCoz; 05-14-2010 at 03:06 PM.

I'm rooting Sandra all the way! How I wish she would have been able to convince Rupert last night to go after Russell. He's like a vampire-you just can't kill the guy in this game. In a season where everyone was so quick to vote off what they knew none of them showed any fear of the unknown. As they say-the devil you know is easier to read than the angel you don't know. Should have gotten rid of Russell just for being a villian they didn't know.
    Jerri is far more likeable this season, but she's playing with a fear that Sandra and Parvarti aren't exhibiting. I'm hoping those two are in it at the end.
    I need to watch the Ponderosa clips. Hoping Rupert will say what made him trust that little troll.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3903157;
    Should have gotten rid of Russell just for being a villian they didn't know.
    Apparently that was the plan, but Randy was just so miserable around camp that no one wanted to keep him around, so he went first ahead of Russell.

Speaking of which, Randy and Russell are IMHO the two Survivors most in need of psychiatric help. The fact that Randy is so bitter towards people in general, yet falls apart into a shattered mound of tears when mentioning his dead dog, is just the tip of a really unstable iceberg. And Russell? Well, his anger over not being invited on the reward challenge was a child's temper tantrum, pure and simple. And of course there's the control issues... and the Napoleon complex... and his general disgust of women... and...

Speaking of women, I thought it was really beautiful how moved Rupert was to be with his wife, and how honestly affectionate they are. Russell, on the other hand, was like "meh, you're here..." to his wife. What up with that?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I agree Rupert and his wife were sweet, was wishing they would have gotten a chance to go on the reward. Mrs. Russell seemed very much like hubby. He said something about Jerri making a big mistake to his wife and the way she agreed with him seemed as if she co-signs his bull (at least in the game). His ego has taken a good old fashioned whoopin' the last few weeks-she could have been giving him the old "go daddy!!" nudge in that instance.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread