+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

5/6 Show Discussion Thread

Sorry folks, looks like the server issue has struck again in the previous discussion thread for this episode.

Please continue the discussion here.
    Thank you for your patience while we try to get a resolution to this problem.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

Just to re-iterate what was said last night, the myth of Russell Hantz's greatness is absolutely imploding in front of everyone's eyes. Amazing what a difference it makes when you're playing against some of the best ever instead of against arguably the worst cast ever.

Meanwhile, Sandra is proving to everyone why her winning Pearl Islands was no fluke, and Parvati has stepped out of Cirie's shadow to dominate at many points thus far.

I don't care what the preview shows, I don't see Rupert or Colby staying loyal to Russell. Knowing Rupert, he'd get more pleasure at seeing Russell go now than assuring himself safety. Russell better hope he keeps winning immunity, seriously. His flashy moves are fun, but flashy isn't what wins this game. Someone elsewhere said this yesterday, and it's so true. Yeah, Russell gets the job done. He gets out people. But you know what, if you use a jackhammer to get gum off your windshield, it'll get the job done, but that doesn't mean it's smart in ANY WAY to do it that way. And now he's staring at a jury of Coach, Courtney, Danielle, JT, and Candice who will never vote for him, and while Amanda is up in the air I can not see her writing his name down either.

Dude is done.

I was just rewatching it to get ready for the interview. I totally missed the jury's coordinated black outfits at the tribal where Candice goes last night. I love it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH;3896398;
    I don't care what the preview shows, I don't see Rupert or Colby staying loyal to Russell.
    Taking Russell to F3 is by far the best chance Rupert or Colby has to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3896412;
    Taking Russell to F3 is by far the best chance Rupert or Colby has to win.
    100% agreed, but they won't do it. Given Rupert's history, I think he'll get as much joy, if not more, in getting rid of Russell and taking his chances luring Sandra back over than he would "awarding" him a spot in the final tribal.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH;3896424;
    100% agreed, but they won't do it. Given Rupert's history, I think he'll get as much joy, if not more, in getting rid of Russell and taking his chances luring Sandra back over than he would "awarding" him a spot in the final tribal.
    That's kind of funny, because that is how Sandra won the first time. Lil refused to take that scumball Fairplay to final tribal.

Whatever keeps F3 from being Rupert, Colby and Russell is fine with me.

(Boy, who would have thought Rupert would make it this far with a couple broken toes. I guess I'll give him that much credit.)

Colby definitely seems to have checked out of this game. His stepping down in an immunity challenge when he's quite probably in danger of going home, for donuts and an iced coffee, is mind boggling. You could tell that Probst was baffled as well. Methinks his love for all things Colby is greatly diminished. I did enjoy, however, his smackdown of Candice at the TC. These people who try to mince words and dance around stuff there sometimes need to be called on their crap. Just like Jeff forcing Danielle to admit the villains aren't one big happy family. And then see what happens...they implode right before the jury's eyes. Love it!

I would be shocked if Russell got one vote should he make it to the end. The only one dumb enough to vote for him would be JT. The jury hates Russell's guts, and there's no Shambo this time to throw a vote his way. His paranoia was so obvious last night, going to both Danielle and Parvati and then freaking out when Parvati wanted to talk to Danielle. How obvious was that? Then to threaten Jerri. Ugh. He's just a bully. I don't care how aggressive he is playing, or how many HII's he can find, he is just a huge bully. Paranoia pushed strategy right out the window last night.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3896439;
    Colby definitely seems to have checked out of this game. His stepping down in an immunity challenge when he's quite probably in danger of going home, for donuts and an iced coffee, is mind boggling. You could tell that Probst was baffled as well. Methinks his love for all things Colby is greatly diminished. I did enjoy, however, his smackdown of Candice at the TC. These people who try to mince words and dance around stuff there sometimes need to be called on their crap. Just like Jeff forcing Danielle to admit the villains aren't one big happy family. And then see what happens...they implode right before the jury's eyes. Love it!

I would be shocked if Russell got one vote should he make it to the end. The only one dumb enough to vote for him would be JT. The jury hates Russell's guts, and there's no Shambo this time to throw a vote his way. His paranoia was so obvious last night, going to both Danielle and Parvati and then freaking out when Parvati wanted to talk to Danielle. How obvious was that? Then to threaten Jerri. Ugh. He's just a bully. I don't care how aggressive he is playing, or how many HII's he can find, he is just a huge bully. Paranoia pushed strategy right out the window last night.
    That in actuality kind of bugged me. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between Jeff being part of the game and Jeff effecting the outcome of the game.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Jeff even admitted in one of his blogs that he can effect the outcome of the game sometimes.

Out of these left, I actually hope Rupert or Russell wins. Colby is useless, he is a tired old man and a shadow of his former self. Sandra and Parv have already won, Jerri is too boring, that leaves Rup or Russ.

I actually think Rup is playing pretty well down the stretch. The rock fake idol in the pocket, coming up with the idea to vote Candice, trying to convince the heroes Russ was lying, for a crippled guy (toe), he's doing pretty well, although I do not like him near as much as I did in his first 2 seasons. He does seem a little bit of a shell of himself this time around too, just like Colby, which is all shell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast