+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    I'm sorry, but I have to say it. Danielle has the worst boob job in history.

    It wasn't the surgery it was the weight loss from being on Survivor. (Future applicants take note.)



    Actually have seen her before weight loss and it was still a bad b*ob job! Far too many women insist on going bigger than they should. It doesn't work and it looks fake.

    I'm still confused as to why they didn't take out Russell at TC when they had a chance to?
    Is it just because they want him in the final?
    That just doesn't make total sense to me, as it seems like he can wreak a lot of havoc before the final TC as evidenced so far.
    I felt bad for Danielle at TC. You could see the game had gotten to her.
    I am growing tired of Jeff having so much friggin' influence on this game!!
    Way too much scripting on this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,694

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    I don't like Jeff coaxing Danielle about her relationship with Parvati and her alliance with Parv and Russell. He does influence the game and it's kinda annoying that he does it. Interestingly, Sandra didn't even have to use her HII for two consecutive TCs. She knew enough what was going on to feel safe from getting booted off.

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,997

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3896749;
    I'm still confused as to why they didn't take out Russell at TC when they had a chance to?
    Is it just because they want him in the final?
    That just doesn't make total sense to me, as it seems like he can wreak a lot of havoc before the final TC as evidenced so far.
    I felt bad for Danielle at TC. You could see the game had gotten to her.
    I am growing tired of Jeff having so much friggin' influence on this game!!
    Way too much scripting on this show.
    I don't know about any of the other times, but this time in particular they couldn't vote him out because he won the immunity challenge and had the necklace on. I was wondering why when he was trying to play Pavarti and Danielle why they didn't bring his name up and it wasn't until Jeff said he was the only one safe and couldn't be voted off I realized he had immunity (big aha/duh moment for me!!)

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey Lurker whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    64

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3896408;
    I was just rewatching it to get ready for the interview. I totally missed the jury's coordinated black outfits at the tribal where Candice goes last night. I love it.
    Have you seen their music video on Ponderosa? OMG. A must see.
    Don't let your stinky cheese in a suitcase become your big fork and spoon. - Marie Romano

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3896749;
    I'm sorry, but I have to say it. Danielle has the worst boob job in history.

    It wasn't the surgery it was the weight loss from being on Survivor. (Future applicants take note.)



    Actually have seen her before weight loss and it was still a bad b*ob job! Far too many women insist on going bigger than they should. It doesn't work and it looks fake.

    I'm still confused as to why they didn't take out Russell at TC when they had a chance to?
    Is it just because they want him in the final?
    That just doesn't make total sense to me, as it seems like he can wreak a lot of havoc before the final TC as evidenced so far.
    I felt bad for Danielle at TC. You could see the game had gotten to her.
    I am growing tired of Jeff having so much friggin' influence on this game!!
    Way too much scripting on this show.
    I agree with what you said about Jeff. It seems like if he doesn't get the answer or the response he wants, he just keeps on until he does. Russell needs to thank Jeff - for he certainly helped influence Jerri to vote Danielle off.

    Jeff is annoying me in his blogs as well. He needs to get off his high horse.

  6. #16
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896570;
    Out of these left, I actually hope Rupert or Russell wins. Colby is useless, he is a tired old man and a shadow of his former self. Sandra and Parv have already won, Jerri is too boring, that leaves Rup or Russ.

    I actually think Rup is playing pretty well down the stretch. The rock fake idol in the pocket, coming up with the idea to vote Candice, trying to convince the heroes Russ was lying, for a crippled guy (toe), he's doing pretty well, although I do not like him near as much as I did in his first 2 seasons. He does seem a little bit of a shell of himself this time around too, just like Colby, which is all shell.
    Except, to give Colby credit, it was Colby's idea to vote Candice. Don't worry, my husband said the same thing. "Good for for Rupert for thinking about voting Candice!" I'm like, yeah, except it was Colby.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I would be shocked if Russell got one vote should he make it to the end. The only one dumb enough to vote for him would be JT. The jury hates Russell's guts, and there's no Shambo this time to throw a vote his way. His paranoia was so obvious last night, going to both Danielle and Parvati and then freaking out when Parvati wanted to talk to Danielle. How obvious was that? Then to threaten Jerri. Ugh. He's just a bully. I don't care how aggressive he is playing, or how many HII's he can find, he is just a huge bully. Paranoia pushed strategy right out the window last night.
    Strange how Russell just can't see that Parvati has a mind of her own, he should know that by now. His biggest strategic mistake this episode wasn't pitting Parv and Danielle against each other, but opting to oust Danielle instead of Parv. Parv is a far huger threat and I think Danielle would have clung onto him if Parv left. But that's not Parv's way.

    He didn't threaten Jerri, he was just informing her of where she stood in the alliance. Danielle, Parv and Russel. Then Jerri. Then Sandra. Jerri thought she was being threatened until she realized this was the info he was giving. And then Danielle confirmed it at tribal council. Jerri had nowhere to go but up by voting out Danielle.

  7. #17
    Semi-old guy! Hutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The land of "Pleasant Living"
    Age
    72
    Posts
    364

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    I did see the music video they made at the Pondersosa...It's a hoot!!!!!!
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

  8. #18
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH;3896398;
    Just to re-iterate what was said last night, the myth of Russell Hantz's greatness is absolutely imploding in front of everyone's eyes. Amazing what a difference it makes when you're playing against some of the best ever instead of against arguably the worst cast ever.

    Meanwhile, Sandra is proving to everyone why her winning Pearl Islands was no fluke, and Parvati has stepped out of Cirie's shadow to dominate at many points thus far.
    Yes, yes, and yes!

    It was extremely stupid for Russell to take out Danielle for no good reason. This could possibly be his biggest blunder yet... heck, it is his biggest blunder!

    Meanwhile, Jerri is playing a pretty decent game. Not as great as Parvati or Sandra, but it has been a good game for her. The vote for Danielle was to her benefit because she has seemingly moved up in Russell/Parvati's alliance to that #3 spot that Danielle was occupying, as Sandra has been on the outs for a while. And as much as I hate to admit it, her flip to Russell's side was smart. She had a better chance with these guys than with Rob, where she probably ranked 5th or 6th. I wish she would just be given more airtime. I would be rooting for her if she was shown more. This is no doubt the strongest showing in Survivor that Jerri has had.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,694

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    I don't think it was Russell's biggest blunder. In fact he got Danielle just in time. From her interview, Danielle was ready to get rid of him on the next TC.

    I think it's going to be a Parvati, Sandra and Rupert in the Final 3 now. Sandra has to use her HII on the next TC because it cannot be used in the final 4. If she wants Russell out, she should make the tribe vote for her so she can write down Russel's name and blindside him. If Russell goes out then Jerry will be in the Final 3.

  10. #20
    Let's Goooooooo MikeGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,400

    Re: 5/6 Show Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3899976;
    I don't think it was Russell's biggest blunder. In fact he got Danielle just in time. From her interview, Danielle was ready to get rid of him on the next TC.
    it isn't even the fact that he got her out, although I still personally think that was a massive blunder, but it was how he did it. Russell goes about these things in the least savy, non-strategic ways imaginable. He's like a bull in a china shop. He gets the job done without question, but he's the idiot who fixes a tiny hole by plastering a huge, ugly slab of duct tape over it. He could have gone to Parvati, gone to Jerri, gone to Sandra even (she would have gone with it. Hey, as long as it isn't her) and convinced them of why she's a threat and if you have to embellish your story a tad to get your point across, so be it. Instead he goes about it in a way which pisses Parvati off as much as she ever has been on camera in 3 seasons, causes Danielle to break down in tears, and exposes himself even MORE as the biggest a-hole on the island. Considering the people staring across from him on those jury seats, he doesn't need any more negative exposure. I mean come on, did he actually tell Parvati that her ally from Day, what, 6, 9, was threatening her and not expect her to go have a chat? This isn't Mick or John dude, this is a WINNER. Then his panicked "YOU CAN'T TALK TO HER! YOU CAN'T!!!" sealed it. Parvati thinks she can read Amanda's lies? Russell may as well have been her human audio book.

    So yeah, Russell may keep advancing. Someone may even see the benefit to taking him to the end. But if he gets one vote from anyone, it would be the biggest upset in a Final Tribal I can ever remember.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.