+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Re: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Funny how he goes on and on about his control of the game, and yet he's constantly scrambling in the last couple of shows to even stay in the know. Last night's show was hilarious. He changed his mind how many times on who he wanted gone, he makes and immediately breaks an alliance with Rupert. He's shown himself yet again to the jury that he's a snake and he's too obvious. I think he's the master in his mind only. It's great to see him playing with strong people this time around, as I believe it has really taken the shine off his "masterful" play of last season.

Russell is great for TV but not winning. He's good for ratings, as you're always wondering how bad can he be, but his extreme strategy and Evil Pirate persona alienate everybody.

Did nobody interview Russell after his first season on Survivor and bring to his attention the reason why he failed? Who asked the questions? How about his wife? I felt bad that he lost to the blonde girl, but I don't feel so bad if he loses this time. He's learned nothing from his mistakes.

Viewers who can't stand Russell will drool if he gets to the finals again and loses for the second time in heartbreaking fashion.

If you want to play the nasty villain, you need to pay attention as you go along to the consciences of players otherwise known as the jury. Better yet watch them on video before you reach the show begins.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3903308;
    Did nobody interview Russell after his first season on Survivor and bring to his attention the reason why he failed?
    They tried. In typical Russell fashion, he blamed his loss on a "bitter, immature" jury, rather than on anything he did.

The heart of his game theory was that this time around, he'd be playing with people who "really understand the game" that would recognize him for the master player that he thinks he is. He still doesn't get his mind around the fact that people aren't so willing to forgive someone who targeted them personally. Like I've said, you can't stomp on someone's toes and expect them to forget the pain.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I just think Russell's a dumbass in the game.

"I'm gonna pit Parvati and Danielle against one another, and they're too stupid to talk to each other about it."

Russell: Danielle wants you out.
    Parvati: Hmm, okay well I'll go talk to Danielle about it.
    Russell: WHAT? NO YOU CAN'T! YOU STUPID...ARGH ARGH ARGH

Way to play it smooth, Russell

It became obvious to the girls that Russell was just playing them all and if any of what Danielle was saying in her exit interviews were true, they were all going to turn on Russell next had Danielle stayed.

Everyone sees through Russell now (maybe not Jerri...), and he has absolutely zero control of the game. He seriously just can't play things subtly at all.

His problem is he acts too spontaneously and makes stupid moves based on his control issues. He makes too many promises with too many people and then cuts them immediately after because HE'S NOT IN CONTROL. (See: Coach, Candice, Rupert).

I loved how Sandra and Parvati were making fun of him They pretty much just rubbed salt in his wound of vulnerability in the game.

As much as it benefits who I'm rooting for to win the game if Russell is in the finals, it would just be SO great to see Russell's torch snuffed and to see him make the walk of shame. I just can't imagine Russell allowing himself to bring his torch up to Jeff to get it snuffed. He'd probably just tear down the whole Tribal Council set and walk off the show and play it like he quit on his own terms...because HE'S in control!

I agree with everyone who says Russell is clueless when it comes to ever winning this game. He will probably never concede that the real weakness in his game is HIS APPROACH. I seriously doubt that Russell is very much different outside the game than who he portrays himself to be week in and week out.

Russell approaches Survivor with a "slash and burn" mentality. He goes into the game thinking that everyone is stupid and can be manipulated into doing just what he wants for them to do. He thinks that he can be such a BAD A$$ that he can scare them all into submission. AND part of his evil plot is to continually remind these same stupid people just how stupid and inept they really are. Then in Russell's twisted mind these same stupid jury members are going to be so mesmerized by his mere presence at FTC that they WILL JUST HAVE to award him the title of the "Greatest Player" to have ever played the game of Survivor. Afterall, he is the Great Russell Hantz!!!!!

I will be very shocked if Russell will admit at the LIVE reunion show that he sees anything wrong with how he played his game. I am expecting a very bitter Russell to show up. I just hope that he doesn't get awarded the Favorite Player award this time.

My next wish is that I never have to see Russell Hantz on my television screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3903308;
    Did nobody interview Russell after his first season on Survivor and bring to his attention the reason why he failed?
    Remember that both the last two Survivor seasons were already completed before the first one even aired. That means Russell didn't get to know if he had won or not in his first season until he had played both games.

It will be interesting to see what he is like at the reunion this time around.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3904063;
    Remember that both the last two Survivor seasons were already completed before the first one even aired. That means Russell didn't get to know if he had won or not in his first season until he had played both games.

It will be interesting to see what he is like at the reunion this time around.
    That's what I thought but did you catch it at the end last night? He said something to the fact how he didn't win it last time, but this time he will. I wonder if they taped him saying both ways.

Is Russell the first finalist who won the last immunity who didn't get a single final vote?

I thought it was impossible for Russell to win and I also thought it was impossible for Sandra to lose. She was the least evil Villain.

Note how she said she honed her Survivor skills by watching every episode. Russell? Maybe not.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Was nothing funnier than last night when Russell, a no time, never time winner, tried to lecture a 2 time winner and great player on how to play this game. Who does he think he's fooling?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH;3905482;
    Was nothing funnier than last night when Russell, a no time, never time winner, tried to lecture a 2 time winner and great player on how to play this game. Who does he think he's fooling?
    So true. And him bellowing about how the rules of the game are flawed was PATHETIC.

Hey, you know something? I'm the best bowler on the planet! It's the rule about hitting the pins that's all wrong!
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast