+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Re: Why Russell Can't Win the Million Now

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3896392;
    I do see one scenario that allows Russell to win. If he does go to the final 3 with Sandra and Parvati (both winners), he may be able to convince them not to give a 2nd million over to Sandra since she's already won one, and he hasn't.

The only problem with this scenario, at this point he probably is still sure he won Samoa. I doubt there is anyway he could try to convince the jury otherwise. Plus, he might not be able to talk about it since it hadn't aired yet.

I think if he makes it with anyone he is sunk. He has played half a good game, but he doesn't seem to understand that social is a big part of the game. Make too many people angry and they aren't going to vote for you no matter how well you play. He has played a good strategic game, he is good at seeing what needs to happen and making it happen, but socially he sucks. You don't threaten your alliance members and expect them to stick with you. Especially people like Parv who have played this game before and won't stand for it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Taking Dani out was the wrong move and the only thing he succeeded in was putting another vote for someone else in the jury. His paranoia and panic are at a high and he is crumbling at the seams. I would want him with me in F3 at this point because he is the easiest to beat.
    He's exhausted from playing back to back. His target should have been Parv, not Danielle. The way he handled TC with Danielle wasn't the best because he basically lost her vote. He needs to remember he's playing with humans with emotions so he can't expect everyone to be rational about this game.

The only problem with this scenario, at this point he probably is still sure he won Samoa. I doubt there is anyway he could try to convince the jury otherwise. Plus, he might not be able to talk about it since it hadn't aired yet.
    I don't think they would be allow to bring the "that person already won" line because it's not fair since no one knows about Russell's season and for all they know he won his.

Based on Russell's reaction on the reunion show after Natalie won in Samoa, I think that Russell already knew he didn't have a chance at winning in HvV. He was desperate for the "title" of Sole Survivor.

That leads me to believe either

1 - He didn't make it to the finals, or
    2 - The jury ripped into him so much at Final TC, that he knew he didn't have a shot at winning.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Regular

If he couldn't win against whats-her-face last time, no way will he win this time against All-Stars. I find it a bit moronic that he really thinks he is such a great strategist and gameplayer when he will get no votes at the end.

These players really will be almost "dumb" IMO if they don't take Russell to the finals. I mean out of all the players left. Taking Russell is the best insurance policy you will have to win. If they don't see that and just want to vote him out because they hate him, they don't have a clue at how to play. I can't imagine Parvati being that dumb and not wanting to take him. Parvati taking Russell to the finals is by far her best move. Russell is about the only one left that she could win against. Against colby, rupert, sandra, no way. I do see Russell going to the finals with whoever else goes, because I can't imagine the players left in this game would be to stupid not to take him.

Why can't Russell win at this point? Because no one on the jury will vote for him. Why? Because they are all going to feel he personally screwed them over. Why will they feel that way? Because essentially he did.

Let's recap the existing jury:

JT - Screwed over by Russell... won't vote for him.
    Courtney - Hates the little troll and has said so openly. Would soon vote for a coconut.
    Danielle - Screwed over by Russell... won't vote for him.
    Coach - Is big on honor and integrity, and is probably thinking that Russell is the anti-christ at this point.
    Amanda - Could possibly recognize Russell for being a great player... but would vote for her gal-pal Parvati first.
    Candace - He didn't necessarily screw her over, but allying with him certainly didn't help her the way it was supposed to.

And of the remaining players yet to be booted, who would possibly vote for him? Parvati maybe. Jerri perhaps, but probably not. The rest? No way. And two votes won't win it for him. Samoa was proof of that.

I've been adamant about the fact that Russell is playing only half a game since the first week of Samoa. Thank God that people are finally starting to see that's true. The whole "he lost Samoa because the jury was bitter" thing just doesn't fly... he gave them a zillion reasons to be bitter, yet thought they'd recognize him as being a great player.

The greatest player in this game plays as hard as Russell has, but never, never let's the others know it. And he has nothing to blame except own, bloated, disgusting ego for screwing it all up for him.

Russell has bet all his chips again on the hope that the other will recognize how far above the radar he's soared. It's a great theory. Unfortunately, in order for it to work, you'd also need to play an equally strong social game. Russell thinks the social game element is hooey. Two losses in a row will prove that it isn't.

PS - I really, really hope that the reunion show isn't another hour of the camera being focused on Russell and his poor loser antics. And if Probst says "Russell, Russell, Russell!!!" again, I'm shutting Survivor off for good.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Russell should have read Sun Tzu's the Art of War. (Not sure on spelling) It would have helped him. You have to have people voted out, but you don't burn every village to the ground in the process, which he is doing. If you stick to your alliance and vote all the others out, you have the excuse that they were not in my alliance. Most people are cool with that. You start burning bridges in your own alliance and making them hate your guts on top of that, your going to lose hands down. Just about all the winners were those that were still nice to peeps faces, didn't lie too much, only when they had to, and had excuses for doing what they did, other than the slash and burn every village down in your wake strategy like Russell. I will be flabergasted if Russell wins. Even though I would like to see him win because I don't want to see a previous winner win again, and I do think Russell is one of the best to a certain degree. If he could master the art of subtlety, he would be a master. But he won't because he is the proverbial bull in a china shop when it comes to his strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3898699;
    Why can't Russell win at this point? Because no one on the jury will vote for him. Why? Because they are all going to feel he personally screwed them over. Why will they feel that way? Because essentially he did.

Let's recap the existing jury:

JT - Screwed over by Russell... won't vote for him.
    Courtney - Hates the little troll and has said so openly. Would soon vote for a coconut.
    Danielle - Screwed over by Russell... won't vote for him.
    Coach - Is big on honor and integrity, and is probably thinking that Russell is the anti-christ at this point.
    Amanda - Could possibly recognize Russell for being a great player... but would vote for her gal-pal Parvati first.
    Candace - He didn't necessarily screw her over, but allying with him certainly didn't help her the way it was supposed to.

And of the remaining players yet to be booted, who would possibly vote for him? Parvati maybe. Jerri perhaps, but probably not. The rest? No way. And two votes won't win it for him. Samoa was proof of that.

I've been adamant about the fact that Russell is playing only half a game since the first week of Samoa. Thank God that people are finally starting to see that's true. The whole "he lost Samoa because the jury was bitter" thing just doesn't fly... he gave them a zillion reasons to be bitter, yet thought they'd recognize him as being a great player.

The greatest player in this game plays as hard as Russell has, but never, never let's the others know it. And he has nothing to blame except own, bloated, disgusting ego for screwing it all up for him.

Russell has bet all his chips again on the hope that the other will recognize how far above the radar he's soared. It's a great theory. Unfortunately, in order for it to work, you'd also need to play an equally strong social game. Russell thinks the social game element is hooey. Two losses in a row will prove that it isn't.

PS - I really, really hope that the reunion show isn't another hour of the camera being focused on Russell and his poor loser antics. And if Probst says "Russell, Russell, Russell!!!" again, I'm shutting Survivor off for good.
    The funny thing is that Russell accused Parvati and Danielle of letting their personal feelings for Candice cloud their thinking when they wanted Candice voted off instead of Rupert. It is like the kettle calling the pot black. Anytime someone dares to cross the Great Russell Hantz it is VERY personal to him.

A whole lot of Russell's so-called strategy stems from his "personal" disdain and distrust for everyone and his need for immediate retribution once they dare to cross him. Russell, of all people, takes things very personally.

I will be recording the reunion show just in case Jeff Probst makes it all about Russell once again. I would really like to hear from some of the other people this time around. I have had my fill of Russell Hantz. YUCK.

FORT Fogey

The person who will win this season is the person viewed most favorably by the villains. If 3 people go to the finals, Parvati and Russell cannot win. The third person would win. Parvati and Russell can only win if they go up against each other and it is a final 2. The heroes hate both Parvati and Russell and I don't think that they will vote based on strategy. Maybe Amanda would. I don't think there is anything Russell can do at this point. If he does manage to become friends with Rupert and Colby, he might have a chance then.

Last night, yet another jury vote NOT for the troll... did you catch the GLARE that Rupert shot Russell upon leaving?

Once again, Russell is one-half of the greatest player ever. He says you have to be willing to do anything to win the game... and yet he's not willing to let his ego take a back seat. Controlling the game has become the most important thing to him... but I don't feel that's necessarily how you win. Nobody likes a control freak, and that's exactly what Russell has become.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast