+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3869679;
    Examination? Whoa...that sounds pretty harsh. I never said examination. Just a briefing is what I'm getting at. Simple brief overview, pre-competition, on his season. That's not much to ask. I know if I were one of the 19, I'd want to know and I'd expect to be briefed. Nothing inappropriate about that.
    Nope, inappropriate, as an example for the reasons MsDll just gave. Russell is the one at a disadvantage if a "briefing" is given.

Re: the 20 being as much of an unkown to each other as they want to be......I think only Coach would be capable of that. Some things are ingrained.
    Coach is the least capable because he has a silly sense of knights-of-the-roundtable honor getting in the way. The smart ones (the ones deserving to be survivor) understand they can't play their previous game. JT made this very clear in a confessional.

FORT Regular

Well considering that both Rob and Colby were stupid enough (and it seems Sandra too) to not bother keeping up with the game while they haven't been on it I'd say that they probably had no idea how half the people on their tribes played (and R&S certainly have no idea how to use Idols). Doesn't that give an advantage to everyone else too? Faulty logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3869847;
    Well considering that both Rob and Colby were stupid enough (and it seems Sandra too) to not bother keeping up with the game while they haven't been on it I'd say that they probably had no idea how half the people on their tribes played (and R&S certainly have no idea how to use Idols). Doesn't that give an advantage to everyone else too? Faulty logic.
    That's not correct...Rob even stated in his post elimination interview that he is aware of the idols and how they work and affect the game. I believe his wording was "privvy to"
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3869850;
    That's not correct...Rob even stated in his post elimination interview that he is aware of the idols and how they work and affect the game. I believe his wording was "privvy to"
    I love that. I can just hear him saying it, too.

I remember Rob saying, not sure if it was an interview or on-camera confessional, that he and Amber have watched all the seasons and have analyzed how things played out while watching. He loves Survivor, of course he's going to watch and keep current with how the game is being played. He did admit that he didn't know personally how to play when a HII is introduced, because it was before his time. He gets the concept, but didn't have personal experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3869836;
    Nope, inappropriate, as an example for the reasons MsDll just gave. Russell is the one at a disadvantage if a "briefing" is given.

Coach is the least capable because he has a silly sense of knights-of-the-roundtable honor getting in the way. The smart ones (the ones deserving to be survivor) understand they can't play their previous game. JT made this very clear in a confessional.
    Oy vey. You win. I'm done. Enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3869667;
    Russell has that advantage, BUT the other's have way more advantage in knowing each other and having made friendships outside the game. Survivor contestants, like Big Brother, become part of a family or brotherhood. Russell did not have any of that going in. Some may say he has an advantage, but I think he had the worst disadvantage going in. Its a two-way street!
    This is circular logic. The "outside LA friends" were also in danger because of that. Cirie even tried to distance herself from the James/Amanda/Parv group because it was painting a target on her back as "we need to break up that group."

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3870095;
    This is circular logic. The "outside LA friends" were also in danger because of that. Cirie even tried to distance herself from the James/Amanda/Parv group because it was painting a target on her back as "we need to break up that group."
    I don't see it as 'circular' at all. The argument that has been raised over and over is that Russell has the advantage because none of the HvV Survivors know his game or have seen his season. My point was that he had no alliance going in. Cirie would have had a target on her back even without the James/Amanda/Parv alliance because people know how she plays strategically, and she doesn't make many enemies. She could have won FvF, in my opinion, if she hadn't lost out in that last immunity challenge. She distanced herself, but the pre-show alliance didn't really hurt her. Her reputation for strategy and working the social aspect did. At least that's my opinion. Maybe I'm giving her credit that doesn't sound deserved to some, but I think she is one of the best players to ever play the game, especially after FvF, and like Rob... needed to go before the merge.
    Last edited by MsDll; 04-06-2010 at 01:09 AM.

MsDll I agree with you. Cirie was a huge threat and the people who have seen her play or played with her before knew it. That's why she is gone, and Rob too. The only advantage Russell has going into the FvF season, that I can see, is that he didn't have a target painted on his back for previous reasons. He didn't have previous alliances to work with, but he also didn't have previous enemies either.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3870872;
    MsDll I agree with you. Cirie was a huge threat and the people who have seen her play or played with her before knew it. That's why she is gone, and Rob too. The only advantage Russell has going into the FvF season, that I can see, is that he didn't have a target painted on his back for previous reasons. He didn't have previous alliances to work with, but he also didn't have previous enemies either.
    Agreed. Russell has been painted as the best Survivor player to ever play without winning. I can only imagine how subtle that would have gone with the rest of his tribe if they knew his play book. Target, meet back

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3870882;
    Agreed. Russell has been painted as the best Survivor player to ever play without winning. I can only imagine how subtle that would have gone with the rest of his tribe if they knew his play book. Target, meet back
    In my opinion, it might have been even better.

+ Reply to Thread