+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview With Players Not On allstars

Interview With Players Not On allstars

Is ‘Heroes vs. Villains’ missing key players | TV Guide

Thoughts from several players not pick for allstars.

When Survivor 20 unrolls tonight, loyal and returning fans alike will be glued to TV screens so they can catch glimpses of their favourite heroes and villains of seasons past, in a tribute to what host Jeff Probst feels the game has become.

Returning are key heroes such as Rupert Boneham, James Clement and Tom Westman, and notable villains such as Ben (Coach) Wade, (Boston) Rob Mariano and Parvati Shallow.

Season 19’s runner-up, Russell Hantz, made it in as a villain at the 11th hour, when Probst and co. called up creator and executive producer Mark Burnett midway through the season, before they knew Hantz made it to the final three.

“We thought he was going to be so memorable that to not have him was going to be a mistake,” says Probst.

Both the host and creator maintain Hantz’s addition capped the finalized list of those they ultimately wanted to return, claiming there was no one they couldn’t have. Still, if we’re to consider this season’s contestants as the best players from the past 10 years, there are glaring omissions.

TVGuide.ca caught up with some of these players to get their side of the story.

Richard Hatch, Survivor Borneo and Survivor All-Stars
    “They invited me, (but) the prosecutor lied to the judge to block me from going.

Jonny Fairplay, Pearl Islands, Micronesia
    “I am ****ing Survivor. I would like to punch out Jeff Probst’s front teeth and shatter his jaw and see how he would do on Survivor.

Twila Tanner, Vanuatu
    “I would have loved to been on this season. I was supposed to go on Fans vs. Favorites and I was dropped at the last minute.

Coby Archa, Palau
    “I did kind of spoil the cast … no, I totally did spoil the cast (on message boards). It sounds silly, but for me that was my therapy for not getting picked.”

And other players.

Link keeps going in and out-sorry.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Regular

Re: Interview With Players Not On allstars

Did they reprint that awesome letter that Shane Powers sent to Survivor casting after he was bumped for Russell Hantz?

FORT Regular

Johnny `Fairplay' is such a JERK. Not only is he full of it, but he also dropped out of the Survivor he was invited back to. Now he wants back in? Uh-uh.

Johnny "Fairplay"---yikes. He's got a child now. I wonder what kind of father he is?

Ditto for Rob.

Maybe it was just the editting, except that this was an interview off-show.

There should be a license required for breeding.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3858412;
    Did they reprint that awesome letter that Shane Powers sent to Survivor casting after he was bumped for Russell Hantz?
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3860357;
    Johnny `Fairplay' is such a JERK. Not only is he full of it, but he also dropped out of the Survivor he was invited back to. Now he wants back in? Uh-uh.
    Dropped out and then ADMITTED he never had any plans to play--only wanted the cruise the pre jury was going on.

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Regular

Aha! After half an hour of looking through his blog I finally found it. Wasn't a title I was expecting. Warning, contains many f-bombs.

Shane Powers: Attn: Someone

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3861847;
    Dropped out and then ADMITTED he never had any plans to play--only wanted the cruise the pre jury was going on.
    So still a tool. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3861859;
    Aha! After half an hour of looking through his blog I finally found it. Wasn't a title I was expecting. Warning, contains many f-bombs.

First I would like to say I would of rather seen Shane than some of the 3rd timers, but:

Shane, you are a little full of your self, did you win your season? Did you finish in the top 2 or even top 4? You quit the game and had to be talked out of it. You had ZERO game. People liked you because you lost it and talked to yourself and your fake blackberry. To act like you were OWED something by survivor is a bit of an ego trip. You were a finalist for allstars but got bumped--so did a lot of other players who finished higher or played better games than you.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3861859;

Any attitude like this should automatically be DQ'd from consideration. He definitely won't have a chance returning to begin with if he acts like this.

And, unless there's some weird clause in there I don't know about, you are only contracted to do one game of "Survivor" and if you were called back, you had to sign a new one. When I was an extra for a movie, I had to sign a second pay slip when I got to do a second day of work (BTW, something I didn't expect as I wasn't SAG or SEG).

He's full of himself and an attitude like this only confirms that Burnett may have made a right choice here.

Now, Mike Supkin I don't blame for being peeved - he was medivaced with one of the worst injuries there (the other Russell from last season among the other really worst ones), and yet he's not allowed to return basically for some reason. I say give him a chance - he's only spoken positively about the show - well until Burnett gave him the heave-ho in consideration. Even then, he's still be more tactful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast