+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic "Survivor" Moments

And then, of course, there's this classic moment:

http://www.rovivrus.com/riverdance/

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    John crying when he was booted.
    Oh, God, Miss F...how could I forget that one!?!?! I remember watching that and thinking, "What a drama !"...

And some real classic moments:

S1
    - Gretchen getting voted off after the merge. I was floored.
    - Gervase's departure. I fell for the whole Gervase's "X" thing and the "Final Four" image, so his booting really surprised me.
    - Rich jumping off the post and leaving Rudy to screw up. Poor Rudy. I wanted him to win so badly!

S2
    - Michael falling in the fire. The absolutely defining moment of S2. It altered the course of the game irrevocably AND, in my opinion, negatively. That roar he gave. *shudder* Still gives me the creeps. And how they made it look like an alligator got him in the previews. Wow.
    - Colby throwing Jerri over that barrier so they could win the Reward Challenge. Laughed my ass off over that.
    - The flood. Sure, they were idiots, but what a blow.
    - Amber. Ahhh....still the most beautiful Survivor ever.

S3
    - Kelly switches sides! A Survivor first, and it nearly allowed Samburu to come back from a 6-4 deficit.
    - Lex's passionate run for the title. He was the star of the show, in my opinion. Should've been him and Ethan sitting next to each other for the title. I have NO IDEA who'd have won in that situation, but I'm certain it would have been 4-3, not the 5-2 romp over The Old Hag.

S4
    - The disintegration of John's alliance. The IC was brilliant and had to be completely unexpected. And the fact that a collection of "also-rans" finally rose up and destroyed a dominant alliance stands as one of the greatest Survivor moments ever.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Originally posted by Paulie
    And then, of course, there's this classic moment:

http://www.rovivrus.com/riverdance/

OMG, Paulie...that is too damned funny!

I first saw that at work with a buddy of mine, Lobeck. He and I laughed until we literally cried. I still laugh out loud every time I see it. The look on Colby's face... Jeff's waving arms... Hilarious!

And, of course, Rodger's arms, which are moving so fast they're blurry. It seems like everything moves faster as the music speeds up, but I doubt that's the case. It sure makes for an increasingly funny experience if you watch it all the way to the end of the song, though, even though it's all just an endless loop.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The "Rich dance" when he won immunity the one time he could have gotten the boot!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

All such great moments.

So many of my favourite moments were in S2. It was the best one to date.

I also bought into the Gervase X theory.

Some other good moments.
    *The Kelly/Susan drama. It really was escalating over a few episodes. The merge, when Kelly started to bond with Colleen and Jenna... the alliance and Kelly figuring out she was #4 in that group... it was all really interesting and allowed Kelly to show what a game player she really was

*Dr. Sean's alphabet theory. Okay, it was incredibly lame, but it really dominated the last few episodes. J is for Jenna. Jeff, you're such an idiot.

*Not sure if this was mentionned, but Alicia and Kimmi's fight.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I would ahve to add Rodger jumping off the waterfall to the list.
    The poor guy had only just learned to swim so I think it was a brave thing for him to do.

Of course had I been on the team I would have volunteered to jump for him - actually I would have volunteered to jump for all of them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Princess
    Another great thread revived...
    I'd like to add on the list the expression on everybody's (especially Shii-Ann's) face when Jiffy said "merge - what merge??" That was the very best so far in S5 imo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast