+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3850355;
    Maybe it's worse for him, because by making second everyone had many opportunities to see what a brilliant player he is, whereas if he had been voted out first no one would have known.
    Replace "brilliant player" with "Napoleon" and I'd entirely agree.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3850435;
    Replace "brilliant player" with "Napoleon" and I'd entirely agree.
    True. Napolean (aka "the Little Corporal" so apropos) was considered a brilliant military strategist. That's why I love this thread. I agree with every word everyone has said from then to now. I categorize the survivors. Pinheads, UTR's, etc. My two favorite categories are contenders and comic relief. Russell and Coach are definately in the comic relief category. Russell is especially entertaining because he occupies four categories!...comic relief, contender, pinhead, and personal favorite. I wish everyone could simply enjoy the outrageous hilarity that is Russell. For however many seasons this show continues to air, we'll not see the likes of him again, and we'll miss him, some of us anyway.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3849620;
    I'd say second place is as good as last place. You win or you lose. He lost last time and he's on his way to the same fate this time around.
    Strictly speaking, maybe. However, you don't have to win to be recognized as one of the best players in the history of the game. Boston Rob and Russ are great examples of that...neither won, but they were both considered by the majority of viewers to be the best players in their respective seasons. On a similar note, you can win and still not be considered to be a great player by the majority of viewers. There are plenty of examples for that and you don't need me to list them all.

How well someone plays Survivor is not solely judged by the end-result, but by the path with which they got there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3854463;
    I wish everyone could simply enjoy the outrageous hilarity that is Russell.
    I wish I could as well...but I can't. The guy rubs me the wrong way so badly that I've almost sworn off the show. His use of the English language is horrible. His treatment of women is questionable. His respect level for the other players is incorrigible. And his reasons for playing the game and wanting to win are sickening.

Amazingly, I was almost able to put all of the things mentioned above behind me and admire his strong points... until the reunion show and everything after. I've never seen such an exhibition of sore-losership and cry-baby belly-aching in my life.

Outrageous? Yes. Hilarious? No.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3854981;
    I was almost able to put all of the things mentioned above behind me and admire his strong points... until the reunion show and everything after. I've never seen such an exhibition of sore-losership and cry-baby belly-aching in my life.
    I have stayed completely off the spoiler thread, and I don't want to know ahead of time, but my anticipation is that the HvV season will reveal why he was such a jerk at the reunion show. A product of seeing the three periods (Samoa; reunion; HvV) out of strict chronological order.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3854981;
    I wish I could as well...but I can't. The guy rubs me the wrong way so badly that I've almost sworn off the show. His use of the English language is horrible. His treatment of women is questionable. His respect level for the other players is incorrigible. And his reasons for playing the game and wanting to win are sickening.

Amazingly, I was almost able to put all of the things mentioned above behind me and admire his strong points... until the reunion show and everything after. I've never seen such an exhibition of sore-losership and cry-baby belly-aching in my life.

Outrageous? Yes. Hilarious? No.
    I hear you, CuckoosNest. I could not stand Roger from Amazon. He nauseated me, and had not one redeemimg quality, in my view. Offensive personalities can ruin a season. You celebrate when the jerk is finally voted off the screen. I really do understand what a drag Russell is for you. If Russell goes early, I'll console myself by knowing that lots of people are feeling as good as I felt the night Roger got his torch snuffed.

FORT Fogey

True. Napolean (aka "the Little Corporal" so apropos) was considered a brilliant military strategist. That's why I love this thread. I agree with every word everyone has said from then to now. I categorize the survivors. Pinheads, UTR's, etc. My two favorite categories are contenders and comic relief. Russell and Coach are definately in the comic relief category. Russell is especially entertaining because he occupies four categories!...comic relief, contender, pinhead, and personal favorite. I wish everyone could simply enjoy the outrageous hilarity that is Russell. For however many seasons this show continues to air, we'll not see the likes of him again, and we'll miss him, some of us anyway.
    I'm with you, lopevian. Russell is outrageous hilarity personified. Love him, hate him, whatever, he's great fun to watch. I'm especially looking forward to the Russell/Rob showdown. In a perfect world, these two would be the final 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3855203;
    I'm with you, lopevian. Russell is outrageous hilarity personified. Love him, hate him, whatever, he's great fun to watch. I'm especially looking forward to the Russell/Rob showdown. In a perfect world, these two would be the final 2.
    Rob and Russell in the final two would be a dream come true.

I can't wait to see what he will do tonight!

I can't wait to see what he will do next week! Darn the March Madness!

+ Reply to Thread