+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3848465;
    Further, Russell is getting played by Parvati. Mark my words.
    Doubt it, he knows what she's doing just as much as she knows what he's doing. Like Parvati said in the previous episode, she needs Russell right now. The same goes for Russell, he knows he will need Parvati if he wants to make it to the merge. Russell may be a lot of things, but dumb is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3849068;
    The guy is a one-trick pony and a cry-baby to boot. (Okay, two tricks: sabotaging his initial tribe and hunting for HHIs... big deal.) He needs new material, 'cuz it certainly didn't work for him last time.
    I would say second place is pretty good. And if is "sabotaging his inital tribe and hunting for HII's," how is he a one-trick pony?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3848877;
    I do agree...Russell deserves it.
    He may be annoying and egotistical....so was Richard Hatch...he won.
    He won because he knew better than to expect the jury to put aside personal feelings of betrayal so he set Kelly up to get that flack. That's why Hatch was better than Hantz. Hmmm, just noticed---two of the top players ever, both initaled RH.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3849214;
    I would say second place is pretty good. And if is "sabotaging his inital tribe and hunting for HII's," how is he a one-trick pony?
    I'd say second place is as good as last place. You win or you lose. He lost last time and he's on his way to the same fate this time around.

And by the way, I wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3849068;
    The guy is a one-trick pony and a cry-baby to boot. (Okay, two tricks: sabotaging his initial tribe and hunting for HHIs... big deal.)
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It was fun to see Russell back in HII search mode again. No telling what it might mean for him if he finds it, only because it's Russell, the bobblehead doll. That's what he's like, he keeps coming back up. His antics and proclamations are very comical, IMO. I'm glad I can appreciate the absurdity that is Russell, because he makes the game 10 times more fun than it already is.

p.s. I would love to have a Russell bobblehead doll!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3849620;
    I'd say second place is as good as last place. You win or you lose. He lost last time and he's on his way to the same fate this time around.

And by the way, I wrote...
    If you get second place, you get $100,000. Last place, $2,500. I'd say second is a lot better than last.

And didn't see what you wrote there, whoops.

The reported second-place prize money for the last all-star season was $250,000. I have no idea if that's the case this season or not. And I do know that in all-star seasons, players get quite a bit more 'guaranteed' money than in regular seasons ($2500 for first out).
    Last edited by BritLit; 03-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

If it wasn't for the money, I'd agree, 2nd place is as good as last place. But you do get paid in VERY generous amounts when you come in 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3849915;
    If you get second place, you get $100,000. Last place, $2,500. I'd say second is a lot better than last.

And didn't see what you wrote there, whoops.
    That would be a great point except for the fact that Russell has openly stated over and over that it isn't about the money for him (as evidenced by the fact that he tried to buy the win from Natalie, one of the most pathetic events in Survivor history.) You have to admit, to him it's about winning and losing, and about being declared the "best player in the history of the game", as if such a thing wasn't entirely open to interpretation. He's just as discontented with second as he would have been if he ended in last, hence my comment.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3850347;
    He's just as discontented with second as he would have been if he ended in last, hence my comment.
    Maybe it's worse for him, because by making second everyone had many opportunities to see what a brilliant player he is, whereas if he had been voted out first no one would have known.

+ Reply to Thread