+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

I like what he said at tribal counsel about liking the fact that everybody is playing the game. "That's what I like and that's what I respect". Between the two, it will be interesting to see if Rob hands Russell his ass, or it goes the other way around.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3835457;
    They know he was a "villain".

It was amply discussed at the first TC that most anyone's gameplay may have had to change, simply because otherwise they would be a known entity.

If anyone is concerned they don't know him, that would be a legitimate reason to vote him out early. So I think it is as fair as anyone else. He isn't subtle, Parvati sized him up immediately.
    I agree. Amanda and James did Fans v Favs on the heels of their season in China and none of the contestants there knew about their gameplay from China. It isn't the first time that 'new-comers' are playing with people who aren't spoiled to their previous show's outcome. Parvati recognized Russell for what he is right off the bat, and preferred to play with the Devil on her side.

I heard there was a preshow alliance between Parvati and Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3842217;
    I heard there was a preshow alliance between Parvati and Russell.
    The rumour is that Parvati was flown out to Samoa during Samoa's taping to "vacation" and got inside information on Russell by someone in production who is friends with Parvati. One things leads to another and supposedly those two are set up in a pre-show alliance sometime in the 10 days between Samoa's finale and Heroes vs Villains premier.

I personally think it's a little farfetched (and I'm not just saying that because I like Parvati). I just can't see Parvati flying halfway across the world to spy on Russell in Samoa just for one ally in Season 20

But...if it is true, it's indeed unfair, but all it really is is a pre-show alliance, and it's not like those are unheard of in All Star seasons. Sugar had like 20 going in according to her

And I can't stress this enough--it's not like it's hard to get a read on Russell. He's on the villains tribe, he was a last-minute replacement for someone else (meaning it's obvious production loved him), and he just has a sneaky presence about him in my opinion. I have NO idea how anyone would fall for his so-called "Southern Charm"--but maybe because I've already been exposed to him for a full season prior to this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I doubt very much Parvati has "fallen" for him, but I'm sure she's willing to let him think so. She's extremely good at getting guys to believe she's into them, and leading them down the garden path. It's her M.O., and the more fools them if they don't know it by now. She probably took a look around at the male villians and figured the candidates for male leader would be Rob and Russell (after all, she's seen Coach's season....and no one is going to take Tyson or Randy seriously as a leader). Either she figured Rob would be too hard a sell with a new baby at home, or she likes Amber, but she picked Russell as her sucker of the season, married or not.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-28-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3841675;
    Personally, I believe a married man has no business cuddling up with another woman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3841718;
    They're out in the middle of nowhere, probably freezing. It's not as if they were making out or anything, they were just sleeping next to each other (with about 8 other people around them too). Give him a break.
    Oh, please... if it was Tom or Rupert - for example's sake - doing the same, people would crucify them.

The point here is that Russell doesn't deserve any special breaks because he plays an "evil" game. Being on the villains tribe doesn't mean you're exempt from basic decency and your commitments outside the game.

Further, Russell is getting played by Parvati. Mark my words.

PS - By far the most interesting moments of this season have been when the players go against the standards of the tribe they are on (i.e. JT behaving like a snake, Boston Rob leading, well, heroically.) Watching Russell repeat nearly everything he did last season is such a case of "been there, done that."
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desstiny;3790243;
    Glad he's back. He deserved to win the first time around...Second times a charm?? I hope so!!! My favorite player of ALL time

Ps...And I really don't care what anyone else thinks
    I do agree...Russell deserves it.
    He may be annoying and egotistical....so was Richard Hatch...he won.
    Last edited by nanaslbkp; 03-05-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Maybe it's Russell playing Parvati, he's seen her game & is just letting her think she has him under her thumb so he can go further in the game. As for sleeping close together, I saw two women draped over Rob the previous episode. I hope Russell finds the immunity idol, they should all be looking for it, who made Rob "king" if he has a problem with Russell looking for the idol go confront him himself instead of sending Sandra to spy. Be a man Rob play the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3841740;
    Nope, can't. I would have if it had been normal pressing together, but all I saw was snuggling, arms around each other, real cuddly. Randy himself said in his interview that the two of them did that since night one. You don't see him cuddling with the other guys, eh?
    You don't see any others guys cuddling with other guys, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3848465;
    PS - By far the most interesting moments of this season have been when the players go against the standards of the tribe they are on (i.e. JT behaving like a snake, Boston Rob leading, well, heroically.) Watching Russell repeat nearly everything he did last season is such a case of "been there, done that."
    Well I would love to go there again.

Maybe Rupert/Tom would be crucified. I wouldn't know, because they haven't done it (as far as we've seen).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3848908;
    Well I would love to go there again.
    Sorry... whenever it turns into "The Russell Hantz Show", this season suddenly feels like reruns of the last.

The guy is a one-trick pony and a cry-baby to boot. (Okay, two tricks: sabotaging his initial tribe and hunting for HHIs... big deal.) He needs new material, 'cuz it certainly didn't work for him last time.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread