+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Last night's episode made one thing clear: Despite what he said about knowing he lost Survivor 19, he was confident he'd won while filming Heroes v. Villians. Watching his confessionals last night should have made him wince.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3790679;
    I enjoyed "The Russell Show" last season. Yes, he could have been a more gracious loser, but I understand where he was coming from. I very much think he deserved the win.

This villians tribe is going to be pure tv gold, I think.
    Word. I was burnt on the show for awhile....couldn't stomach tuning into "The Coach Show". Russell H. is who brought me back.

There's a post from last season somewhere on this board where Jeff P. pretty much says that the jury last year was a bunch of bitter bettys, and had they really voted for game play, Russell would have/should have won.

I agreed with his assessment 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3826705;
    Word. I was burnt on the show for awhile....couldn't stomach tuning into "The Coach Show". Russell H. is who brought me back.

There's a post from last season somewhere on this board where Jeff P. pretty much says that the jury last year was a bunch of bitter bettys, and had they really voted for game play, Russell would have/should have won.

I agreed with his assessment 100%.
    But game play includes playing to the jury which Russell utterly and completely failed to do. As several people have discussed, Jiffy is always infatuated with the macho male players. With a jury of Jiffys, Russell would have won. That's not who he was dealt. I admired and continue to admire Russell's ability to scramble and his tenacity in searching out the hidden immunity idols clue or no clue but the fatal flaw in his game is that his basic strategy beyond finding the idols is bullying, lying (in ridiculous ways including that whole Hurricane Katrina fib), and trying to form alliances with everyone. That got him to the end last time but cost him the ultimate prize. He said last night that his strategy this time is basically the same. I wonder if he would have adjusted his strategy if he'd known the outcome of Survivor 19 when Heroes v. Villians was filmed.

Don't get me wrong. I'd much rather watch 100 Russell's than watch 1 Coach (although I have to admit Coach didn't bother me at all last night. I just have faith he'll start driving me crazy with his delusional crap in the next episode or two).

I'm somewhat timeline challenged. I got a vibe last night from Jerri that she revered RH as all the player he claims to be, based on having seen him in action in Samoa (read: saw the show), not just taking his word for it. But this can't be possible, right?...and I'm just imagining that? They taped H vs V during the showing of Samoa, no?

You are correct. None of the players on H vs. V had seen Russell's season. All they knew was that he must have done something to end up being cast and specifically cast as a villian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3826544;
    Last night's episode made one thing clear: Despite what he said about knowing he lost Survivor 19, he was confident he'd won while filming Heroes v. Villians. Watching his confessionals last night should have made him wince.
    Agreed. Which means he's going to play the exact same game this time around and get the exact same results.

Frankly, I'm so over hearing him crow about he was the "best player of all time." His bloated ego and horrendous command of the English language drive me bonkers.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I think Russell knew he lost, but he just wants to talk a big game, because it will look THAT much more amazing if he actually does win.

Russell still says he was the best player in Samoa even after he lost, so him knowing he lost in Samoa is no reason for him to not talk a big game in Heros Vs Villains.

I think he's willing to risk looking like a fool by talking a big game if the payoff is very good in the end if he does win (reputation, + the money).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Even if Russell knew he lost, I doubt it would change any of his bragging. I do think he is one of the best players, probably top 5, to ever play this game, he just screwed up the social part of it. Obviously a jury can award nice over manipulative but good game play. I enjoyed him last night. The whole villians tribe was the only good thing about the premiere. The heros side was a snooze fest.

As for Parvati's remarks, you'd have to be stupid not to be observant and also they could have been talking amongst themselves and all said that Russell was making deals with them. I think that could be where her comments are coming from more than her or the others having any knowledge of Russell from Samoa. I hope he lasts to the end again, along with the other villians, because I think they're all going to make this season.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It must be tough for the editors. I would need to keep a sign above my equipment that read "the show is called Survivor, not Russell's Excellent Adventure". His confessionals are so damn entertaining, to me anyway. I loved what he said about the heroes, as their first tribal council loomed. "They're all over there being villians". Great stuff.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Who is John Galt?

Cannot stand Russell. When I saw that Survivor had turned into the "Russell Show", I stopped watching. This season, I just fast forward through the Russell scenes. If this also turns into the "Russell Show", I won't be watching for long. I doubt that Rob Mariano will be fooled by Russell. Rob is a smart cookie and also no pushover. Personally, I cannot understand why people find this creature so appealing. I think he is an arrogant narcissist who needs to get over himself (and I am glad he didn't win last season). On the other hand, Coach (while annoyingly obnoxious) lives on a different planet than the rest of us and doesn't realize it. I find him kind of pitiful compared to Russell and actually less of a turn-off this season. Both of them on the same team seems somehow fitting though.

+ Reply to Thread