+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 312

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

  1. #251
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Love Russell. I'm glad he won America's vote. I wouldn't want to meet him in real life though!

  2. #252
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3906799;
    Love Russell. I'm glad he won America's vote. I wouldn't want to meet him in real life though!


    Stay away from bridges and any other place trolls are known to frequent and you should be all right
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

  3. #253
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    414

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3906797;
    He is a loathsome, contemptable, amoral troll.
    Agreed... but here's what really kills me: the huge, gaudy crucifix hanging around his neck at the last reunion show.

    Not that I have anything against crucifixes, gaudy, huge or otherwise. The problem I have here is that it's a symbol of his religious beliefs. And I have a huge problem that he wears it so proudly and yet does nothing - NOTHING - that any good Christian teaching would uphold.

    That shalt not lie? Forget that. Do unto others? Pfft. Judge not lest ye be judged? Yeh... right, not RH, thanks!

    I'm sure that people will bellow that Survivor is a game and not real life, to which I say: SO? Since when does playing a game give you license to chuck your morals and your beliefs temporarily?

    To wear a big ol' cross around your neck as a testimony of your faith after you've spent 39 days demoralizing others and solidly ignoring the fact that Pride is one of the Seven Deadlies is my idea of the ultimate hypocracy. Believe it or not, there IS a way to play and win Survivor and to do it with honor... sadly, Russell thinks the people who have done so were saps. He treasures - no, WALLOWS IN - the fact that he's a rotten person... and yet wears a cross? C'mon.

    The man is an embarassment... to his faith, to his family and to the human race in general.
    Last edited by CuckoosNest; 05-18-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  4. #254
    FORT Fan ActMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    168

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Are you sure he was wearing it as a sign of his religion? Some peeps wear those just for looks, I remember Black Sabbath wearing Huge crosses and not sure if any of them were religious at all. Could be a fashion thing.

  5. #255
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    414

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3906924;
    Are you sure he was wearing it as a sign of his religion? Some peeps wear those just for looks, I remember Black Sabbath wearing Huge crosses and not sure if any of them were religious at all. Could be a fashion thing.
    1. He's not exactly a fashion plate. In fact, I'd call most of his wardrobe downright ugly. Then again, maybe his poor, put-upon wife picked it for him.

    2. Black Sabbath was popular, what, 30 years ago? May have been a cool thing back then... not so sure now. I'll ask Tim Gunn next time we talk.

    3. He's ignorant and from a Bible-belt state.

    You could be right... but I still think it takes cojones the size of watermelons to call Rupert (founder/operator of a charity for troubled teens) a "dumb-ass" in front of millions of people and then wear a cross around your neck.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  6. #256
    FORT Fanatic dantrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    625

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    From Jeff Probst column on EW:

    "But my opinion of Russell changed when he admitted to Boston Rob that he did not play to win. You can’t be the best if you’re not playing to win. He can hoop and holler all he wants about “America choosing” but that’s not this game. This game is about convincing a jury of your peers that you are the most deserving person. He didn’t do that. But my problem is not that he didn’t accomplish that goal, it’s that it wasn’t his goal in the first place...Less than 2,000 votes separated” Russell and Rupert” for the $100,000 fan favorite prize."

  7. #257
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3906557;
    From an interview with Entertainment Tonight:

    "ET: Would you do it again?

    Russell Hantz: I would have to think about that. The people say that I am the best player to play the game twice. That is the facts. Why should I go again and disappoint me and my fans. It is not fair to me and to my fans. Once you retire from something, you should just retire the champ."

    Does anyone else smell a huge pile of steaming bull****? You know he'd be back so fast it would make anyone's head spin... his ego is way too huge to not try it again.

    When he says "once you retire from something, you should just retire the champ", he means (as taken from the rest of the interview) that he's the all-time champion of Survivor. Maybe in "Deluded Russell-Land where the rules of Survivor are changed per his request", perhaps.

    Seriously, this guy is so full of crap that when you mention his name, flies start to buzz around your mouth.
    Oh, if CBS will have him back, then I believe that Russell will want to come back for a 3rd time. All you have to do is go to Jeff Probst blog of the Finale and read what Jeff says about Russell.

    Jeff devoted 7 paragraphs to rehashing the "Russell Hantz" show in his blog. He suggested that Russell just needs to get away and to stop thinking about or reliving his time on the Heroes vs Villians. Jeff seems to think that this will give Russell time to reflect on things and that he might even see how he could change some things in the future.

    Doesn't that sound like Jeff wants Russell to come back a 3rd time? Oh, I wouldn't bet against seeing Russell on Survivor again. And that just makes me sick.

  8. #258
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3906929;
    From Jeff Probst column on EW:

    "But my opinion of Russell changed when he admitted to Boston Rob that he did not play to win. You can’t be the best if you’re not playing to win. He can hoop and holler all he wants about “America choosing” but that’s not this game. This game is about convincing a jury of your peers that you are the most deserving person. He didn’t do that. But my problem is not that he didn’t accomplish that goal, it’s that it wasn’t his goal in the first place...Less than 2,000 votes separated” Russell and Rupert” for the $100,000 fan favorite prize."
    Finally Probst sees the idiocy that is Russell. Took him long enough, last season he thought Russell was the second coming.

  9. #259
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Doesn't matter who tries to explain it to him, Russell just puts his fingers in his ears and says "la la la la I can't HEAR you la la la la" because that's how the Ultimate Survivor does it in Russell-land. I think we should convince Russell that he'd be perfect for a new reality show, along the lines of Robinson Caruso or that Tom Hanks movie Castaway...where America would send him to a deserted island all by himself to show us all how he is the best "survivor" - and there'd be cameras in the trees, yeah, that's right. We'd say that the longer he lasts, the better the prize will be. Even if it takes years Russell! We'll be watching and worshipping you, we promise!!

  10. #260
    Unhinged Paradox Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    434

    Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3906928;
    1. He's not exactly a fashion plate. In fact, I'd call most of his wardrobe downright ugly. Then again, maybe his poor, put-upon wife picked it for him.

    2. Black Sabbath was popular, what, 30 years ago? May have been a cool thing back then... not so sure now. I'll ask Tim Gunn next time we talk.

    3. He's ignorant and from a Bible-belt state.

    You could be right... but I still think it takes cojones the size of watermelons to call Rupert (founder/operator of a charity for troubled teens) a "dumb-ass" in front of millions of people and then wear a cross around your neck.
    Oh my Lord. It's gonna take all my strength not to receive another infraction for this post.

    1. You don't know his wife. How can you say she is "poor" and "put upon?" Calling his wardrobe ugly? Come on. I kinda like it actually.

    2. Black Sabbath is still pretty popular.

    3. He's "ignorant?" How? What evidence is there to that? And just because he's from a bible-belt state doesn't mean that he can't be religious (which I doubt he is but anyway).

    Rupert is a dumbass, in the game of Survivor, anyway. He tried to build an underground shelter. He wasted all of his tribe's flint. He breaks wood in the middle of the night when other people are trying to sleep. And need I remind you that he called Russell "a disgusting human being" first?

    His cross was undoubtedly a fashion statement.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.