+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

I'd like to know who the "somebody" was. Man or woman? I can't fathom any self-respecting man getting shoved to the ground by Russell. The guy is what, like 4 and a half feet tall?

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3884290;
    I'd like to know who the "somebody" was. Man or woman? I can't fathom any self-respecting man getting shoved to the ground by Russell. The guy is what, like 4 and a half feet tall?
    It was an 18-year old woman.

"Survivor" contestant Russell Hantz arrested in Lafayette | theadvertiser.com | The Advertiser
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3884368;
    Now it's no longer funny. What a piece of work he is.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Regular

I wouldn't lay judgement yet. I remember Chris Jericho taking a ton of heat for punching a woman before a wrestling event. After the initial public outrage video surfaced of her spitting in his face first.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And to be fair the story said that the cops came because of an altercation between a man and woman, and that RH had pushed "someone" to ground. I'd also assume he was the man and pushed the woman, but it could have been that he pushed someone else and she got into it with him in a verbal altercation... so we aren't totally sure ... he could have pushed man, woman, or child....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheops;3884392;
    I wouldn't lay judgement yet. I remember Chris Jericho taking a ton of heat for punching a woman before a wrestling event. After the initial public outrage video surfaced of her spitting in his face first.
    Still don't think punching a woman in the face would have been the appropriate reaction. I know it's a double standard, but I just don't think it's right to physically harm a woman unless she is trying to physically harm you (if you're a man).

I don't know the full story on the Russell incident so I will retain my judgement. We do have to remember that she probably did something to provoke him, but if it was something as minor as provoking him with words then Russell was clearly in the wrong. I don't know, I just don't think men should physically harm women unless absolutely necessary. And when I mean necessary I mean if it's in defense.

ETA: Yeah, that article doesn't specify the age of the woman. Just the age of the witness. Right?

My thoughts are that a man should never strike a woman. If she spits on you walk away and if you are defending yourself grab her. Only in a situation when it's the only way that he can stop her from doing extreme bodily harm do I find it excusable. Other than that any guy that strikes or pushes a woman is a dirt-bag.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Thanks for the confirmation, Florimel.

I'd be interested to know what was said and if it qualifies under the "she had it coming" category like the woman in the Jericho incident mentioned above. I doubt we'll be lucky enough to get video of this one though, so the conclusions we draw will be foggy at best.

I don't think a man should ever punch, push, or do anything physically abusive to a woman.
    When I was growing up, that was something that my Dad really stressed.
    He, himself, had been a prizefighter when he was young. He said there was never an excuse to lay a hand on a woman.

Perhaps there is more to this story, but with a big ego like Russell has, it's easy to imagine that someone could have easily pushed his buttons.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

I personally wouldn't do it or condone it but then I'm not a "heel" so I don't know how it feels to be treated like that. I categorize this as the same situation as a woman charging an NBA player with sexual assault -- take it with a huge grain of salt. People who are perceived a certain way are likely to be prejudged by the media/populace and thus make easy targets.

+ Reply to Thread