+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Russell is playing the same game he began last season because he doesn't know that his alienation of others causes him to lose. He is still under the impression that he won, not Natalie.

I really am tired of hearing him boast about himself every 5 seconds on the show. Seriously, I'm beginning to think the producers are intentionally shoving way too much of him down our throats, because they get a kick out of having America love to hate someone

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3879015;
    I really am tired of hearing him boast about himself every 5 seconds on the show. Seriously, I'm beginning to think the producers are intentionally shoving way too much of him down our throats, because they get a kick out of having America love to hate someone
    I totally agree.

My main beef this time around is that most of Russell interview-sound-bites are just him repeating himself "I'm the best, blah blah blah." He's not even saying anything new or insightful and I'm so bored with it that I just mute the TV. Anyway if there is a plan going on his Alliance, Parv is the one that's going to tell us on cam.

I wish the producer would have spent more time with Tyson, Courtney or Sandra instead of making this the Russell show again.

FORT Regular

That's because, for some insane reason, all the interviews he does with any weight or insight to them are cut and put as extra clips on CBS.com instead of putting them in the show. Even some of the other player's interviews, which would have been nice to see in the show to have some perspective -- Candice and the gender divide, Amanda's list, Jerri and another idol for Russell, Parvati trash talking Coach, Parvati talking to Tyson before the disaster, etc -- all get cut for stupid stuff. Heaven forbid if they weren't able to plug Outback another 50 times!

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3879050;
    I totally agree.

My main beef this time around is that most of Russell interview-sound-bites are just him repeating himself "I'm the best, blah blah blah." He's not even saying anything new or insightful and I'm so bored with it that I just mute the TV.
    Then how do you know what he's saying? Maybe he's saying something different.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3879050;
    I totally agree.

My main beef this time around is that most of Russell interview-sound-bites are just him repeating himself "I'm the best, blah blah blah." He's not even saying anything new or insightful and I'm so bored with it that I just mute the TV. Anyway if there is a plan going on his Alliance, Parv is the one that's going to tell us on cam.

I wish the producer would have spent more time with Tyson, Courtney or Sandra instead of making this the Russell show again.
    You're right--that's what bothers me. They HAVE to show Russell repeating himself saying the same useless crap every time we see the Villains camp, yet if any OTHER player has anything to say--they're cut out so Russell has more room to continue repeating himself.

It's come to the point where I find it incredibly refreshing to hear any other player's voice other than Russell's. Sad it had to come to this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3879244;
    You're right--that's what bothers me. They HAVE to show Russell repeating himself saying the same useless crap every time we see the Villains camp, yet if any OTHER player has anything to say--they're cut out so Russell has more room to continue repeating himself.

It's come to the point where I find it incredibly refreshing to hear any other player's voice other than Russell's. Sad it had to come to this.
    Funny. That is the exact same reaction I have to hearing that brain-dead New Englander speak. At least Russell hasn't motivated me to stop watching Survivor for 11 seasons -- he's the one who brought me back!

Who's the brain dead New Englander?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3879405;
    Who's the brain dead New Englander?
    Probably Boston Rob.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3879244;

I just think very few of the others have anything interesting to say - relatively speaking.

Coach and Boston Rob were good for some colorful dialogue, but that's about it (IMO, of course).

+ Reply to Thread