+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

Re: Russell Hantz: H vs V - Villain

What stands out for me with the whole Russell / Parv thing is when Russell said all she needs to do is ride his coat tails and she came back with "I don't ride coat tails, baby"...as if to say..."You ain't necessarily the only one running this alliance, dude". It'll be interesting to see if his massive ego can accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3864882;
    What stands out for me with the whole Russell / Parv thing is when Russell said all she needs to do is ride his coat tails and she came back with "I don't ride coat tails, baby"...as if to say..."You ain't necessarily the only one running this alliance, dude". It'll be interesting to see if his massive ego can accept that.
    Or... that is what drives his massive ego. She's giving back as much as he is. Can't say that his 'Dumbass Girls' alliance did that for him. Natalie was NO Parvati. I think Russell respects the game more than many people give him credit for.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3864160;
    I feel like I should dislike Russell, but somehow when watching the tribal councils, I keep rooting for the little troll. Don't ask me how that happens. I guess I just admire his full-on love of playing the game, and his guts in doing so. Of course, Rob is my favourite player ever, so of the two I'd like to see Rob emerge the victor. My dream would be them teaming up!
    In Tom's exit interview, he says the same, i.e. Russell and Rob should work together. He's a little snide in how he refers to Russell and says he's so wrapped up in his own ego, that he can't see the value of it.

At first I sort of agreed, but then I got to thinking that it may not be ego, but rather the fact that he joined up with Parvatti very early on.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Russell has no problem with multiple alliances, at least in the short term, so don't think Parv would stop him. Nope, it's the massive ego. Not that Rob would have him, as an equal partner.

I admire Russell audacity and cheeks in saying Courtney and Sandra should go, in front of them and Rob.

Rob I thought was a little more nicer this time around. As both he and Russell should had worked together, not one up the other.
    Autumn Winds!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3869252;
    I admire Russell audacity and cheeks in saying Courtney and Sandra should go, in front of them and Rob.
    It was a power play. Russell was trying to show his dominance over Rob in front of Rob's staunchest allies. If Rob had caved and said let's get rid of Courtney then everyone would have known that Russell was King and not Rob. Instead Rob get voted out and Russell can feel like he is King but can't lord it over him. This was the type of stunt that pissed the Samoa jury off. Right before blindsiding Kelly he was begging Laura not to blindside him like she did with Erik as a subtle dig at her integrity. She liked to play the high and mighty Christian so Russell was digging at her hypocrisy. People get upset when you play to their character flaws like that. He was trying to get Rob to admit he wasn't top dog but Rob's ego couldn't allow that.

First of all I want to go on record to say that I detest Russell as a person - at least the Russell that I have seen portrayed week end and week out. I have already watched (or had to endure) one season of the Russell Show, and I can not wait to see him get blindsided. I have to agree with Boston Rob. Russell is a legend in his own mind. I can not stand him.

Right now in the Villians tribe the women have the advantage in numbers since there are 5 of them with only Russell and Coach being the remaining two men. Parvati likes all-girl alliances, so if she is smart, then she would try to get rid of Russell as soon as possible. She might be able to get Courtney and Sandra to join her and the other two women and get rid of Russell before the merge. If Parvati waits too long, there is always the possibility that they will be thrown a curveball before the actual merge. In the past Survivor has been known to make the contestants pick new teams which messes up everyone's alliances. I am not saying that this will happen, but I would not be suprised to see Survivor do something funky to shake things up.

Hopefully, Parvati will take advantage of the numbers and vote Russell out. The sooner the better.

KK4
    FORT Fan

I'm sorry if this has been posted previously, but this creepy little man makes me see how some could become involved with a cult and drink the koolade. He scares me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KK4;3869452;
    I'm sorry if this has been posted previously, but this creepy little man makes me see how some could become involved with a cult and drink the koolade. He scares me.
    Not in quite that way!

+ Reply to Thread