+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 'Coach' Wade: H vs V - Villain

Re: Benjamin 'Coach' Wade: H vs V - Villain

Jerri has dumped Coach in an insider video clip.

With all the crying this episode, I felt sorry for Coach.

I bet Coach is really embarassed about his breakdown. I get that harsh conditions can break you down, but I seriously had to roll my eyes at Coach.

The only redeeming quality though about him is that I think that's just the way he is. Even if some call him delusional, it's just the way he is .

That's more than I can say about some others on the show, who I think are "faking it up" (RussellAmandaRupert)

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Don't everybody blast me, but I think I'm starting to like Coach. Ok, he's a bit eccentric (who isn't?), but he truthfully seems to want to be honorable and true to himself. And, his comment about being sensitive but covering it up with machismo - it takes guts to admit that.

I'm sorry to hear that Jerri dumped him, but I think he deserves better than her anyway.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3849338;
    Don't everybody blast me, but I think I'm starting to like Coach. Ok, he's a bit eccentric (who isn't?), but he truthfully seems to want to be honorable and true to himself. And, his comment about being sensitive but covering it up with machismo - it takes guts to admit that.

I'm sorry to hear that Jerri dumped him, but I think he deserves better than her anyway.
    And/or vice versa?

Are there any details on this break up? That is, was there an actual discussion or did she just stop spending alone time with him? I haven't seen the video and probably won't so any report from it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3849421;
    And/or vice versa?

Are there any details on this break up? That is, was there an actual discussion or did she just stop spending alone time with him? I haven't seen the video and probably won't so any report from it would be appreciated.
    Jerri told Coach she doesn't want to hang out with him. And in her solo, she said she needs space and is not his girlfriend and to back off.

Poor Coach, he gets ragged on when he's macho & telling his crazy stories, then gets ragged on when he shows his vulnerable side. As for Jerri dumping him maybe she figured out he's kind of whacko & too high maintenance. Coach needs to fly under the radar if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3849338;

I like him, too. He's one of the few cast members that I would actually like to meet in person at a meet/greet, or sit next to on a plane. I like his spirituality and yes, tattoos, Tai Chi, and wearing feathers in his hair. My heart kinda sank when Tyson "coached" him to not do those things. I'm not a fan of someone crushing someone's spirit or individuality, even if it's "just a game". But then, I am far from a fan of Tyson.

Never liked Jerry, though, until this season, ironically enough. It's her hat and I covet it. And she seemed softer, in talking about liking Coach.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, to be fair to Tyson, Coach asked him WHY he got dumped on, and Tyson told him. He's not a kid anymore. If he wants to tell his stories that's his choice, but as a grown up he should already be aware of the effect they have on people. Maybe he spends too much time with the kids he coaches who have to listen to him without criticizing... or who may actualy be naive enough to believe him. Otherwise it's hard to believe that this is news to him, as it seemed to be. Grown ups who are that "individualistic" should have learned to expect the blowback, and be prepared to be themselves anyway.

I think he might be interesting to meet for 5 minutes, but longer, no, way too boring and selfcentered....the thought of sitting next to him on a plane...aaagh! So I feel for these folks trapped with him for a month.

Thanks for the Jerri dish, OrginalSinner!

Any tolerance or patience I had for Coach is used up and now I just want him gone. And I'd rather he didn't make the jury either.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3849695;
    I like him, too. He's one of the few cast members that I would actually like to meet in person at a meet/greet, or sit next to on a plane. I like his spirituality and yes, tattoos, Tai Chi, and wearing feathers in his hair. My heart kinda sank when Tyson "coached" him to not do those things. I'm not a fan of someone crushing someone's spirit or individuality, even if it's "just a game". But then, I am far from a fan of Tyson.

Never liked Jerry, though, until this season, ironically enough. It's her hat and I covet it. And she seemed softer, in talking about liking Coach.
    I think that Tyson was saying those things in response to Coach asking him why everyone says bad stuff about him. I think it was sweet that Tyson was telling him that stuff like when he tells the stories people mock him...I think he was trying to open his eyes to what people say about him behind his back. In Tyson's weird way I think he was trying to help him. And Tyson is the last one to be crushing someones spirit or individuality...I think he (Tyson)likes to be different. JMO

+ Reply to Thread