+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Sandra Diaz (34)

Tribe: Villains
    Hometown: Stamford, Conn.
    Current Residence: Fayetteville, N.C.
    Personal Claim To Fame: “Graduating from community college where I received an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration.”
    Inspiration in Life: “My mother.”
    Previous Finishes: Pearl Islands: Winner
    Favorite Past Moment: “When I dumped the fish after Rupert got voted out.”
    Previous Survivor She Respects Most: “I have no comment.”
    Previous Survivor She Respects Least: Johnny Fairplay (Pearls Islands, Micronesia)
    Why Did She Come Back? : “Hands down, the money!”
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

That's a switch, not commenting on your favorite but commenting on your least favorite.

I am very happy Sandra is back. Here's hoping there won't any stupid mentality of getting rid of the winners. It'll be interesting how the tribe dynamics play out.

I still would love to know what the producers were thinking casting her as a villain.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3788894;
    I still would love to know what the producers were thinking casting her as a villain.
    I don't really consider her a villain, but I can understand if the producers' reasoning was due to her loud mouth, curse words, blaming her fellow alliance-mate Christa for losing the tribe's fish when Sandra herself threw out the fish because she was pissed at her tribe (which got Christa voted out), and for hiding certain tools around camp when she thought she was going to get voted off. Just to name a few...

Happy Thanksgiving! Passepartout's Avatar

Why is she a villian? Sure she had a loud mouth. And cursed a lot true! But that isn't enough to bring her in the game.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I have a harder time casting one as a hero. Villians are easy, but I don't think Sandra deserves that label (and in reality, same could go for Danielle). Did Parvati and Candice get along on their season? Maybe the producers are trying to stop any pre-made, season aligned alliances from happening

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3789108;
    I have a harder time casting one as a hero. Villians are easy, but I don't think Sandra deserves that label (and in reality, same could go for Danielle). Did Parvati and Candice get along on their season? Maybe the producers are trying to stop any pre-made, season aligned alliances from happening
    If my memory serves me right; Candice, Adam and Parvati were in the same alliance.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3788894;
    Logically - then they'd have, if I have this correctly, two winners on both teams to make them even. You have JT and Tom on the "heroes" side, and Parvati and Sandra on the "Villains" team. Given that most people - even passive viewers - feel that she wasn't a villain, this would make sense.

Personally, I respected Sandra's gameplay on the whole and enjoyed her more in her season than the popular Rupert. She also was one of the few Survivors I nailed as the winner of their season, so that was pretty cool (the others were Ethan, Bob (he had a subtle strategy IMHO that worked for him), Tom and Yul). Really, the only evil she did was toss out he fish after Rupert was ousted. My argument is this: going by that (as just about every Survivor has cussed up a storm and gotten angry at some point), why isn't Rupert on the Villain's side? He stole shoes from another tribe and traded them for supplies.

On any other season, she probably would have been a villain. But on Pearl Islands, she was aligned with Rupert, the most popular castaway this show has ever had. She was also aligned against Johnny Fairplay, one of the infamous villains of any reality show (he should be on this season, but he probably would just quit anyway). It made people root for her.

My take? I love Sassy Sandra! She's my favorite winner of this show, although Natalie is probably tied with her now. I don't think she can win again, but I hope she makes the jury at least. I'd like to see how she'd be as a jury member. Can you just imagine?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3789616;
    On any other season, she probably would have been a villain. But on Pearl Islands, she was aligned with Rupert, the most popular castaway this show has ever had. She was also aligned against Johnny Fairplay, one of the infamous villains of any reality show (he should be on this season, but he probably would just quit anyway). It made people root for her.

My take? I love Sassy Sandra! She's my favorite winner of this show, although Natalie is probably tied with her now. I don't think she can win again, but I hope she makes the jury at least. I'd like to see how she'd be as a jury member. Can you just imagine?
    I agree pretty much with everything you said. Honestly, the only villanous thing she did was tossing out the fish, in my opinion. Really hoping she's in it for the long run this time too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast