+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

Re: Sandra Diaz-Twine: H vs V - Villain

The only thing I remember from her season is I didn't understand why she got the votes to win. I do not like her, and I am glad her trick of undoing Sugar's top backfired. I hate how she was glomming on to Rob.

I remember being surprised she got votes to win as well, but looking back, it makes more sense to me. She had some pretty good arguments--not to mention, never getting voted against, and never getting voted out in general, unlike her final 2 partner Lill who was voted out before and brought back into the game.

Yeah, she kind of got a 'buy' into that win, in a way. Lil was brought back, and many people thought that was totally unfair. Once voted out, you're out, no second chances. So Sandra had a clear argument that she made it all the way to the end with no votes against her, and her partner not only had votes against her but was actually voted out. No brainer to a lot of people that Sandra would win that contest.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3828075;
    Yeah, she kind of got a 'buy' into that win, in a way. Lil was brought back, and many people thought that was totally unfair. Once voted out, you're out, no second chances. So Sandra had a clear argument that she made it all the way to the end with no votes against her, and her partner not only had votes against her but was actually voted out. No brainer to a lot of people that Sandra would win that contest.
    But points to Sandra that she "arranged" for Lil to be her F2 partner.

Harvest, I don't think she's "glomming" onto Rob, it seemed like they both just discovered they have the same (not too kind) sense of humor and were enjoying each other in a pals kind of way. So far as I recall they are both happily married.
    Not to say Sandra isn't always happy to have an alliance, but she's never been an "under the wing of a guy" kind of player.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-14-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Yeah, I think she recognized a bit of a 'kindred spirit' in Rob on the beach. They seemed to be having fun.

I loved it when she was spying on Russell searching for HII and what she called him after.

How much of that do you think was re-enacted?
    The whole Rob fainting thing I think showed that the editor are not above reconstructing events, perhaps getting the Survivors to do and say things again so that they are caught on camera.

I had this feeling that Sandra was asked "Hide in the plants again", "Look through the plants suspiciously" and stuff like that.

Not completely faking things, but filling in the blanks.

I can imagine Russell looking down the beach and seeing a cameraman filming Sandra hiding in the foliage. A bit of a give away that something is going on.

I also wonder how Sandra was chosen to be the spy. She was famous for it, of course, way back on Pearl Islands. So was she picked as a way to recreate that old scene? Was there a little chat between the Survivors and the camera guy? "Hey, this is a great opportunity..., and don't forget to call him a Dumb Ass. We need that again too."
    Last edited by emjoi; 03-09-2010 at 01:05 AM.

FORT Fogey

Sandra is the most boring player of all time. Bleh.

However, if I recall her season correctly, she is the UTLIIMATE under-the-radar player. She was so quiet and seemingly harmless that noone paid much attention to her. Meanwhile, she went with the flow all the way to the end.

I think I recall an interview in which she said her strategy was to agree with whatever people were saying to her and then vote accordingly.

She was actually quite cantankerous and feisty on Pearl Islands, and she was the original "Hide Stuff when no one is looking" person.
    Give her time. There's other stuff going on right now.

I like to see her clash with Russell now that Rob's gone.

Is it true Rob, Sandra and Courtney threw the challenge to boot off Russell ?

+ Reply to Thread