+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Russell Hantz and Natalie White – “Let’s rename it the social game!”

Re: Interview with Russell Hantz and Natalie White – “Let’s rename it the social game

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3775566;
    Thank you for the interview! I would have liked to have seen this live.

I've watched some video interviews with both of these two together, and each time Natalie held back. Russell would say something, and she would get a little jab in there. But she never went full force like this. I guess after so many times, she could not be polite any longer.
    That's why I respect Natalie and her win even more. She could've really lashed out at Russell in the final TC and possibly lost to him for it, but she played the "well, I probably won't win due to the UTR strategy," and won for it because others realized that it was a strategy she did and did well. She got Russell to doubt her being a threat to win the million if you really think about it - had he watched "Australia" and "Cook Islands" he'd realized that there have been winners who have used this strategy and won. (I do not count Vecepia's win. Vee's was a truly bitter jury because she really did NOTHING that was real strategic, and had she been, she'd voted out Kathy, who would've won had she made the final two in a landslide, instead of chancing that Neleh would be voted out by the purple rock).

As far as her blowing up here - who wouldn't. SHE'S the winner, Russell isn't, and when you have someone who constantly says that he should've won and you were basically the loser, you have to blow off steam. I hope CBS doesn't penalize her for it though - she's taken enough crap from him that it's not right to have her have to take it all the time.

Re: Interview with Russell Hantz and Natalie White – “Let’s rename it the social game

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3775767;
    Riddle me this, Batman... how many times in the 20 season of this show has the clear-cut, most "deserving" player won? I can only think of two right off the top of my head (Tom-Palau & JT-Tocantins), but this, of course, is totally open to opinion and interpretation.

The point here is that there have been plenty of undeserving winners here (Vecepia, anyone?), but there's never been this backlash, outrage and out-and-out sore-losership.

Russ and his fans have a very good point. It's been made. Now get over it and accept the loss.
    I can think of only one other one - Yul, but there both he and Ozzy were equally deserving in their own way. Fortunately, both won either the game (Yul) or the fan favorite and the car (Ozzy), so they both were winners in my book.

I'd be interested in seeing your opinion about the first season. Clear cut Rich probably was the right one, but I'd say that the only other won deserving who didn't get it was Rudy.

Oh and yes... Vecepia is the LEAST deserving one ever IMHO. Even Sandra (whom I loved), Parvati, Jenna and Tina (whom I also liked but would've prefered Colby) had some strategy.

Russell keeps bragging about being the fan favorite. He was.... after the show. But every time the man opens his arrogant mouth, he loses fans. He needs to learn some humility (and proper English grammar), and just shut up.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Thanks for the interview. It was hilarious!

Russell is such a lose loser, both in the game and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3775869;
    Russell keeps bragging about being the fan favorite. He was.... after the show. But every time the man opens his arrogant mouth, he loses fans. He needs to learn some humility (and proper English grammar), and just shut up.
    Very true... he obviously hasn't learned from the one who still is considered the best player - Rich - on this. I think NO one takes him seriously anymore given he's changed his story regarding why he was jailed and such on tax evasion too many times. My favorite was changing it from them paying the taxes on just the million to include appearances elsewhere. CBS wouldn't do that - it's not even their money to give out.

His grammar is poor, and BTW, not indicative of all Texans. More people speak like Colby in the state than they do Russell - yes even in heavy accent areas such as West Texas and the Permian Basin.

FORT Regular

Just an observation here. At the reunion show, Russell knew something that the rest of us don't: who won the upcoming "Heroes vs. Villains." By his attitude and demeanor, you think maybe he didn't win that one either?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3775866;
    I can think of only one other one - Yul, but there both he and Ozzy were equally deserving in their own way. Fortunately, both won either the game (Yul) or the fan favorite and the car (Ozzy), so they both were winners in my book.

I'd be interested in seeing your opinion about the first season. Clear cut Rich probably was the right one, but I'd say that the only other won deserving who didn't get it was Rudy.
    Rich was definitely the most deserving winner in his season. I love Rudy and would have loved seeing him win, but in terms of strategy - it's right that he lost. There are lots of players I loved for their personality, loyalty, kindness, etc, but most of them don't even make it as far in the game as Rudy did, and rightly so. It's not a personality contest, it's Survivor.

I still think Russell should have won. I agree with most everything he said in the interview, but I don't agree with him still pestering Natalie. Get over it and let it go. Congratulate Natalie. That's what a big man would do.

Oh, and just for the record, I really respect UTR players. In most cases, it's much harder to go unnoticed than we as viewers think. To not react to the hunger, conditions, and conflicting personalities. It's a valid strategy. But the only way I think you should win as a UTR player is if no one else left at the end is a standout, or if you do some things to distinguish yourself (winning a few immunities at the end, engineering some huge blindside). If there is a clear player who has controlled the game and who UNQUESTIONABLY got you to the finale (ie Russ), then UTR doesn't cut it. Now, if Natalie had engineered Russ getting ousted at some point, or if she had been the one to win the final immunity to get rid of Brett, there'd be a much better case for her winning, imo.

LG.

he probably knows who is the final 3 (or 2 - whatever they do next season), especially if he made the jury - but they don't reveal the winner until after that season has aired. I'm sure he knows whether or not he was in the finals. Based on his crying and bitterness, I'm guessing he wasn't even in the running.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3775839;
    You know, I think if Natalie had just made a small statement at the finale about all that Russell did to get her to the end, acknowledging his contribution to her win, all of this would have blown over already. I know, I know, Natalie doesn't owe Russell anything, even a small statement of gratitude. But if she's so perceptive about reading people, I think she would have done this by now. No skin off her nose to give the little guy a nod, and she still has the million and the title. Her image is really taking a nosedive IMO by sitting there bickering with Russell. The more she bickers, the less I believe she won this by some brilliant UTR strategy, and the more I believe she won by default.

The fact is that nobody wins this game without alliances, and lots of help from others.
    I disagree. She spent the whole game swallowing his crap and pretending she liked it, playing the helpless dumb blonde, stroking his massive ego, and listening to him tell her how less deserving she was than the "great Russell". Why does she need to pander to him still? She is probably sick of it, and why should she care if his immature ranting is only making him look like more of an a-hole? I suspect she is almost smirking as he goes off on his rants. And my opinion of her has risen based on her post show actions, not nosedived.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3775919;
    I disagree. She spent the whole game swallowing his crap and pretending she liked it, playing the helpless dumb blonde, stroking his massive ego, and listening to him tell her how less deserving she was than the "great Russell". Why does she need to pander to him still? She is probably sick of it, and why should she care if his immature ranting is only making him look like more of an a-hole? I suspect she is almost smirking as he goes off on his rants. And my opinion of her has risen based on her post show actions, not nosedived.
    Me too. And I'm glad to see her stand up to his bullying like she did in this interview. Russell needs to be knocked back down to size a bit.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast