+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Russell Hantz and Natalie White – “Let’s rename it the social game!”

Re: Interview with Russell Hantz and Natalie White – “Let’s rename it the social game

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3775504;
    The loss is even harder on Russ because he's sexist and was beat by a woman. He has some really amazing strategic moves and a really bad social game. Too bad he doesn't see areas where he could have improved and changed the outcome for himself.
    Agreed 100%. Russell could be a lethal player if only he let go of his ego just for a second.

Re: Interview with Russell Hantz and Natalie White – “Let’s rename it the social game

Thank you for the interview! I would have liked to have seen this live.

I've watched some video interviews with both of these two together, and each time Natalie held back. Russell would say something, and she would get a little jab in there. But she never went full force like this. I guess after so many times, she could not be polite any longer.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

If you take the game at "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast", IMO, Russell had 2 of the 3. It is too bad that he can't recognize after watching so many seasons of this, that he needed to not be a jerk and it would have all been his. Even Richard Hatch, who was just as full of himself, wasn't nasty, just annoying and tried to get rises out of people. If Russell had just tried to be pleasant, like the shots of him with the group in the shelter, then he would have had a slam dunk. His moves were amazing and I believe that he really did deserve to win based on strategy and doing what no one had ever done in this game. However, Nat was clever in that she didn't have all the strategy, but was UTR with Russell, rode his coattails and had everyone like her. She was the least hated with the final 3, that's how she won IMO. Still, a great season!
    I love TAR!

FORT Newbie

I was happy to hear Russell say he is not a jerk in real life, it was only for the show. Could someone please let him know it's real life time now so he can turn the jerk switch off.

Reinforces everything I thought--Russell is a bad, bad man--a class A jerk. And yet in that capacity is entertaining. It may be horrible that such a bad person deserves praise for something, but he does.

Of course a lot of people are unable to divide their minds and emotions and can't be entertained by raging egotistical jackasses. I personally can. If anything this interview makes it even clearer than the show that he's a jackass. But again, I say... "so what?" We gave up on good people mattering pretty early on in Reality TV history.

Did he deserve to win? Yes.
    Should he shut up about that? Probably.
    Did Natalie do squat? Probably not.
    Is Russell badgering her and insisting that America loves him (when in fact they don't--they were just entertained by him) doing anything constructive? No.
    Did he STILL deserve to win? Yes.

Loathe him. Feel free. I certainly do. But this interview crystallizes the fact that loathing and loving aren't THAT far apart.

Oh, and Natalie? Totally pulling bull#&% with that "Russell and I will be friends forever." Even she's not that dim. She said it because it was a beauty pageant interview type question and that's the way people like her respond to those. Lies under the guise of "diplomacy".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBuff;3775577;
    It is too bad that he can't recognize after watching so many seasons of this, that he needed to not be a jerk and it would have all been his.
    I'm sure I read he had only watched one season, from a while ago.

In the long run, he is still entertaining us. If he had actually brought his end game and won the prize - yeah, he would have bragging rights. But this way he can stretch out his 'wronged man' story of losing to a dumb blonde (who really isn't) - and keep this debate going on for a lot longer than it would have if he had won.

I'm not sorry he lost. He blew an important part of the game - reading people and what they will put up with. Natalie did a great job of cocking that gun by stroking his ego constantly. She played the part he expected from her - the meek, dumb blonde that he could beat at the end. I'll give him the OUTPLAY. But she got the OUTWIT, and OUTLAST by getting the votes.
    Would I have argued if he had won - Nah. But it makes for a lot more interesting reading that he lost.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3775744;
    Did he deserve to win?
    Riddle me this, Batman... how many times in the 20 season of this show has the clear-cut, most "deserving" player won? I can only think of two right off the top of my head (Tom-Palau & JT-Tocantins), but this, of course, is totally open to opinion and interpretation.

The point here is that there have been plenty of undeserving winners here (Vecepia, anyone?), but there's never been this backlash, outrage and out-and-out sore-losership.

Russ and his fans have a very good point. It's been made. Now get over it and accept the loss.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fogey

You know, I think if Natalie had just made a small statement at the finale about all that Russell did to get her to the end, acknowledging his contribution to her win, all of this would have blown over already. I know, I know, Natalie doesn't owe Russell anything, even a small statement of gratitude. But if she's so perceptive about reading people, I think she would have done this by now. No skin off her nose to give the little guy a nod, and she still has the million and the title. Her image is really taking a nosedive IMO by sitting there bickering with Russell. The more she bickers, the less I believe she won this by some brilliant UTR strategy, and the more I believe she won by default.

The fact is that nobody wins this game without alliances, and lots of help from others.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 12-23-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Life;3775612;
    I was happy to hear Russell say he is not a jerk in real life, it was only for the show. Could someone please let him know it's real life time now so he can turn the jerk switch off.

My sentiments exactly. This interview and his post finale actions show exactly what kind of human he is. Time to grow up, Russell. You lost. It is over. Move on.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast