+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: 12/20 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 12/20 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3775257;
    And remember back in Gabon, when Susie got three votes and Bob got four? Probst was visibly upset, he looked downright disgusted that Susie got that close to winning, and made it very clear when he said he couldn't believe that she almost won it. I think Probst has made it perfectly clear that he has no respect for people who play the UTR strategy. Seriously, what a jerk of a host, no wonder he's so taken by Russell.

Exactly - since Bob successfully outed at least one person - who if I recall correctly was a huge threat to his game - thanks to a VERY Convincing HII that he created. (you notice there have been no more beads and other similar materials decorating the camps anymore since he made them?) He also created a second one that was almost used as well. He had more strategy than IMHO Suzie had.

The only reason - if I got the right season - that Suzie could be seen as more deserving was that she won the final II challenge of stacking tiles into a tower, and even then she took a risk that Sugar's tower wouldn't stand up. She had just as much UTR strategy than Bob had IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3775331;
    From my understanding, Russell had gone out there just for the title "Sole Survivor" and the money was secondary to him. If he truly is an oil tycoon and making that million plus, then he really truly doesn't need the extra million (or half of that after taxes). That much I respect - especially since I noticed he NEVER asked for a cut of the million. Yes, there are CBS rules regarding sharing the prizes; however, I think given his antics, if he had said that anyway, he'd probably been fine... well until he kept acting like a douche about it.

I don't know why anyone would want the words "Sole Survivor" anyway. To my knowledge, these guys get to keep nothing they wear at the game, such as the immunity idol necklace, the HII, even their buffs, because they get donated to the charity fundraiser (BTW, can anyone explain to me why they aren't doing the Elizabeth Glazer foundation anymore?)

I don't know if they do some sort of plaque or such, and the check itself is a small sized check and just their name.

Personally, I was surprised and a little perplexed he'd want just that title anyway. A. it's not his - it's Natalie's and she earned it fair and square (regardless of the stance you have about her gameplay, and IMHO she earned her win for just having the guts to hunt a rat for her team's food) and b. what good is it for? Bragging rights? Again, he was the runner-up in the game, not Natalie, and was rewarded for being the Sprint Player of the Season, which IMHO, was a hard fought win because this time it was gameplay over popularity contest. If it were popularity, I think Shambo would've come closer to winning it than Russell. (Then again, it could've been Natalie for all we know, but as she won, Russell ended up getting it as the winner can't win both last time I checked).
    JT won both last season.

Russell doesn't seem to need bragging rights. He does it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3775338;
    JT won both last season.

Russell doesn't seem to need bragging rights. He does it regardless.
    I stand corrected on the first. Thank you ironcat (I don't get to watch it often thanks to real life issues ).

The ONE thing I will give Russell credit for was that he did offer money for it because Natalie may very well need that money while she finds another job... that is unless she was able to get her job back (which is possible if they liked her work - and the PR from it with her being a "Survivor" winner is good for them too.)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3775339;
    I stand corrected on the first. Thank you ironcat (I don't get to watch it often thanks to real life issues ).

The ONE thing I will give Russell credit for was that he did offer money for it because Natalie may very well need that money while she finds another job... that is unless she was able to get her job back (which is possible if they liked her work - and the PR from it with her being a "Survivor" winner is good for them too.)
    So you think Natalie was supposed to hand Russell the title of Sole Survivor without any compensation? It was a bribe.

And if money was secondary to Russell, why is he asking that 1 million people donate $1 to him?

I get Russell's frustration, but I think this is a very deserving blow to his ego. He still doesn't seem to get it though. Showing a little compassion, remorse and explaining your strategy on a basis that can potentially "click" with the jury would have helped him out so much more, but he doesn't see that.

Bob (winner of Gabon) also won the Fan Fav award.

IMO, Natalie owes most of her win to Erik's speech at TC. He was the last to go, and these people were very bitter, and it gave them another option besides "the obvious" Russell. Only 2 were not swayed.

Russell buying the title of "Sole Survivor" is like an athlete who placed 2nd buying the 1st place trophy. It doesn't change things at all.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3775343;
    IMO, Natalie owes most of her win to Erik's speech at TC. He was the last to go, and these people were very bitter, and it gave them another option besides "the obvious" Russell. Only 2 were not swayed.

Russell buying the title of "Sole Survivor" is like an athlete who placed 2nd buying the 1st place trophy. It doesn't change things at all.
    We don't know how much of an influence Erik's speech actually had on the jury though.

But I agree with your second statement .

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3775341;
    So you think Natalie was supposed to hand Russell the title of Sole Survivor without any compensation? It was a bribe.

And if money was secondary to Russell, why is he asking that 1 million people donate $1 to him?

I get Russell's frustration, but I think this is a very deserving blow to his ego. He still doesn't seem to get it though. Showing a little compassion, remorse and explaining your strategy on a basis that can potentially "click" with the jury would have helped him out so much more, but he doesn't see that.

Sadly, I don't think he will gain any insight about himself from this, especially with a good percentage of fans telling him how awesome he is and that he wuz robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3775310;
    Therefore you would have voted for Sugar to win in Gabon, right?
    I sure would have I might be the only person in the world who loved her though

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3775341;
    Well.... he did say a paper with the words "sole survivor" on it, so yeah, $10K for just that? - yeah. (of course, I'd also let CBS fine him for it then give the money to the charity of choice. )

IMHO, I still question the Web site and if it's really him - or if it is that the phrase is really his. If Russell really does this, he could get into trouble with CBS as he's still under contract based on spoilers he may be in the 20th season one.

Russell lost because he forgot the all around game - i.e. he missed that puzzle piece. Natalie may have had a weak strategy, she did have a stronger all around than him IMHO.

I think he's most bitter a young blonde woman won over him - period. The dumb one defeated the mastermind, the peon ousted the self proclaimed king...

... all I see in the interviews is the "emperor has no clothes."

I went to his website and I don't see anything about mailing him $1. There are T-shirts you can buy and part of that will go to St. Jude, is my understanding of it. Did he say this everyone mail him $1 somewhere?

+ Reply to Thread