+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vote for the $100,000 Popular Player Prize!

Re: Vote for the $100,000 Popular Player Prize!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3772878;
    Didn't Rupert win the million dollars fan vote on All-Stars? That wasn't his original season.
    I'm not sure but I think it was on Pearl Islands. It seems to me that his popularity went down on All Stars. It did on the FoRT anyway. (I still love him, though )
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3772878;
    Didn't Rupert win the million dollars fan vote on All-Stars? That wasn't his original season.
    Nope, it was on his original season. On All Stars he pulled what seemed to some less endearing and boneheaded moves... insisting that his tribe dig a hut that was on beach and partially underground... which flooded, needless to say.
    I still like him, too, Dagwood. Wonder what he's doing these days.

Betsy said in one of her exit interviews that the first person voted off gets $2500.

Here's what the MSNBC article says (thanks TripleGemini) What do second-place finishers win? - Ask the reality TV experts- msnbc.com

...On “Survivor,” contestants receive considerably more. The winner gets $1 million, and of course, he or she doesn't have to share with a team. The runner-up gets $100,000, which is why Jeff Probst often tells the runners-up that they made a $900,000 mistake. The person who comes in third receives $85,000, as “Survivor Guatemala” third-place contestant Rafe has confirmed in several interviews since last week’s finale.

The first person voted off receives $2,500, although on the all-star edition, Tina reportedly received 10 times that, $25,000, for coming in last place; presumably, the other returning cast members were also given larger prizes (first prize was still a million dollars, though). There were also multiple reports that for coming in eighth on the first season, Jenna received $27,500. And we learned from Richard Hatch’s tax woes that, for appearing on the reunion, contestants each receive $10,000.

Wikipedia’s (anyone-can-edit, read-with-caution) page on Survivor breaks down the other prizes as follows, and while all of their numbers jibe with the ones we know for sure, the others aren’t as heavily confirmed.

Winner, $1,000,000
    Runner-up, $100,000
    3rd, $85,000
    4th, $70,000
    5th, $55,000
    6th, $45,000
    7th, $35,000
    8th, $27,500
    9th, $20,000
    10th, $15,000
    11th, $10,000
    12th, $7,500
    13th, $5,500
    14th, $4,500
    15th, $3,500
    16th, $2,500 —A.D.
    Last edited by BritLit; 12-20-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3773028;
    Nope, it was on his original season. On All Stars he pulled what seemed to some less endearing and boneheaded moves... insisting that his tribe dig a hut that was on beach and partially underground... which flooded, needless to say.
    I still like him, too, Dagwood. Wonder what he's doing these days.
    Here is a link to his web site
    Rupert's Kids
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3779758;
    Here is a link to his web site
    Rupert's Kids
    That's nice...and manageable... keeping parks in shape for "free". Rupert looks like he lost a lot of weight...good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3780304;
    That's nice...and manageable... keeping parks in shape for "free". Rupert looks like he lost a lot of weight...good for him.
    Rupert said after coming home from back to back seasons, his metabolism changed. When he got home and got back into his "regular" life. He hardly ever felt hungry and could never eat the amount of food he had eaten in the past. And, I think that helped him be able to choose better foods and be healthier.
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3808236;
    Rupert said after coming home from back to back seasons, his metabolism changed. When he got home and got back into his "regular" life. He hardly ever felt hungry and could never eat the amount of food he had eaten in the past. And, I think that helped him be able to choose better foods and be healthier.
    Interesting, becca---you know people joke about "the Survivor diet", especially because after returning most people gain it all back and then some... maybe the secret is to do two back to back seasons! We'll see if Russell H. can keep it off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123