+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 12/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

In regards to all the comments on Laura and Kelly's bad attitude: Though I completely agree with the many of you who stated that they were being mean girls, I found the focus only on the women to be a bit disconcerting... my question is:

WHY is Dave getting a free ride? He didn't even show up for Shambo's entrance, and is as much a mean girl as the other two. Maybe more. He seems to harbour more resentment with Shambo than either of the others, though Laura is more passive aggressive about it, wheras Dave is just a big mouth.
    I found his speech about Shambo "keeping to herself" and behaving "normally" as "refreshing" so condescending, I would have slapped him right there given the chance. HE is awful.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Tigerusty and Alexxx...

I found the term "prayer warriors" odd myself. I think it's fine to pray anytime for anything, even a game. But that term just turns me off, and suggests that they are somehow stronger (more of a warrior with a better chance of winning) in a contest simply because of prayer.
    It's just ridiculous.
    It makes the presumption that God is on their side... that He's behind them.
    It discounts the fact that IF God does care a whit about this game, he might be rooting for a different Christian, lol, and secondly, maybe He, unlike bitter juries, wants the best player to win the game.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3772885;
    Not to turn this into a discussion of biblical theory...

But there's also a saying, something like "God didn't give me what I prayed for, but he gave me exactly what I needed."

Somehow, I think when true believers pray to God for help in playing games for money, it's not the money they end up getting.
    There's even a country song to that effect, something like Thank you, God, for unanswered prayers (sung by a guy who meets his old high school unrequited crush at a high school reunion 20 years later--with his beloved wife by his side). Or as they say, just because God didn't give you the answer you wanted doesn't mean you weren't answered. With that in mind, hard not to see that torrent of coconuts Brett unleashed as an "answer"... and hard not read that answer as a parent on the phone with an important call dealing with a whiny 2 year old...

The following is my opinion, backed up by 40+ years of experience:

The term Prayer Warrior to me just means a person who is bringing everything in their lives to God. I do not believe that Christians should pray to win at a game, but praying to do their best, or for no injury for either side, or something like that is appropriate. I agree that God does not play favorites in a game situation, so praying to win is like praying for a corvette. If it will not benefit your witness, or be something that you actually need, it will go down as a No.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3773167;
    The following is my opinion, backed up by 40+ years of experience:

The term Prayer Warrior to me just means a person who is bringing everything in their lives to God. I do not believe that Christians should pray to win at a game, but praying to do their best, or for no injury for either side, or something like that is appropriate. I agree that God does not play favorites in a game situation, so praying to win is like praying for a corvette. If it will not benefit your witness, or be something that you actually need, it will go down as a No.
    It happens all the time. My brother played high school football at a Catholic High School and the priests walked the sidelines praying for tackles, turnovers and touchdowns.

Also in the movie Patton, George C. Scott (as Patton) asked the priest/chaplain for a battle prayer to kill more Germans. Same difference.

I believe that Natalie is very religious, but that during the challenge she was just sucking up to Brett with her Prayer Warrior gig. At the merge, RH instructed her to make nice with Galu, and that is what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3772972;
    In regards to all the comments on Laura and Kelly's bad attitude: Though I completely agree with the many of you who stated that they were being mean girls, I found the focus only on the women to be a bit disconcerting... my question is:

WHY is Dave getting a free ride? He didn't even show up for Shambo's entrance, and is as much a mean girl as the other two. Maybe more. He seems to harbour more resentment with Shambo than either of the others, though Laura is more passive aggressive about it, wheras Dave is just a big mouth.
    I found his speech about Shambo "keeping to herself" and behaving "normally" as "refreshing" so condescending, I would have slapped him right there given the chance. HE is awful.
    He doesn't get a pass from me...he's such a douchebag. Just not as many videos to comment on because he somehow managed to stay in the game longer than the other mean girls.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3773175;
    It happens all the time. My brother played high school football at a Catholic High School and the priests walked the sidelines praying for tackles, turnovers and touchdowns.

Also in the movie Patton, George C. Scott (as Patton) asked the priest/chaplain for a battle prayer to kill more Germans. Same difference.
    Oh I know it happens all the time ... I'm just saying when people think they are calling on God to help them in things like this, they are misinformed. God is not about killing, or million dollar rewards. I get irritated when people (on tv) perpetuate this particular myth.

Dave is just as mean as the other two ... and Shambo is not innocent either. Her rejoicing when the others were voted out shows her character just as much as the mean girls/Dave mistreating her.

So far, the only one not participating in mean behavior that I could see is Eric, and I'm not sure about John. I did enjoy the meowing at the other two, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3773370;
    Dave is just as mean as the other two ... and Shambo is not innocent either. Her rejoicing when the others were voted out shows her character just as much as the mean girls/Dave mistreating her.

So far, the only one not participating in mean behavior that I could see is Eric, and I'm not sure about John. I did enjoy the meowing at the other two, though.
    Huh...the whole point of the game is to vote people out. What's wrong with being happy that you stayed and they left? The fact that they were people that Shambo didn't like is just icing on the cake.

You make is sound as if a person rejoices in a victory that makes them morally a mean person.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread