+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Samoa: Interview with Dave - "Are you mad, sir?"

Re: Survivor Samoa: Interview with Dave - "Are you mad, sir?"

Hmm. I wonder if John sitting around talking up Russell means that the others went the other way. It would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3769059;
    My God, what a jerk!
    The reek of his jerkhood reached me throughout the game, actually. I can't point to anything specific, but there was always a snooty quality to Dave, which was doubly amazing given what an overall bad player he was.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

What an arrogant ass.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Dave talking about John being the stupidest rocket scientist in the world made me think that at some point in his life maybe Danger Dave wanted to, or attempted to be a rocket scientist and he couldn't quite cut the mustard.

Arrogance personified.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Wow, I kind of liked Dangerous Dave before. I thought he was quirky and interesting. After this interview, I think I'll go with "jerky".
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Thanks for the interview--what a colossal ego! As for his having wanted to be a rocket scientist, his college "major" was OPERA--that's pretty far afield.

Of course, it's after-the-fact, but it seems clear from most of the exit interviews that the one person Russell should try hardest to get to the final with him is Shambo. There hasn't been one positive remark about her thus far.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I think Dave was just trying to be funny. I think he wanted to entertain in this interview and he pulled it off. I do agree though he is giving himself way too much credit as a gameplayer. I actually felt he was the stupidest one on Galu (next to Shambo). But I think this interview spews "trying to be funny" versus "ego".

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3769252;
    I think Dave was just trying to be funny. I think he wanted to entertain in this interview and he pulled it off. I do agree though he is giving himself way too much credit as a gameplayer. I actually felt he was the stupidest one on Galu (next to Shambo). But I think this interview spews "trying to be funny" versus "ego".
    I have to go with arrogant jerk, partially based on hepcat's comment at the beginning of the interview. Normally the writer/interviewers don't comment and hepcat did, so that speaks volumes as to what direction to take the comments in the interview.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

To the Point

I have to agree Bearcata. While I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt, just because it pains me to think he's really that arrogant, and that much of a jerk, I have to believe that hepcat is in a much better position to judge his intent than those of us reading the interview after the fact.

I think he thought he was funny (the dirty joke stuff) but he was very snippy with the questions and he let his temper get the better of him. For example, another tense moment was here:

So that means Foa Foa had more practice with tribal councils. Do you think things would have been different if you’d gone more?

Wow. That is such an incredibly broad question. If we had lost a few more then yes, things would have been different. The numbers would have been completely different and the makeup of our tribe would have been completely different. Shambo would not have been in the picture. Depending on how many we lost, Chief Russell wouldn’t have been in the picture either.
    Imagine him saying that in an angry, sarcastic manner, like of COURSE it would be different you moron. Any hypothetical question seemed to piss him off.

FORT didn't even get to ask questions this time, and we weren't the only ones.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular

Interview confirmed what was conveyed on camera. Great job, Survivor producers!

I think he must've learned his interviewing skills from the great coach Bobby Knight (he was a great coach, but have you ever heard his interviews???).

Something tells me that he approaches every conversation with the air that he is God and you're "wise" if you realize it and a "moron" if you don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast