+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Survivor Samoa: Interview with Laura - "Show me being mean to her."

Re: Survivor Samoa: Interview with Laura - "Show me being mean to her."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3772251;
    Well, just read elsewhere here that Shambo says that Laura gave up her quonset hut with bathroom so that Shambo wouldn't have to sleep in a tent on the ground...that is by far the nicest and most "Christian" thing I've seen Laura do...so nice that it's making me rethink a bit. On the other hand we saw the interchange with the better off dead line, and in no way did it remind me of the way people say it when they are trying to offer you comfort from their religious perspective for your loss... as in, they are in heaven now and happy. Just extremely flat affect, and no editing can create that. So...now I've got mixed feelings... At any rate clearly Laura wasn't good at making an outsider like Shambo feel includied....something that she should be able to do in her ministry.
    Of course the idea that women can't minister to men means Laura and I aren't on the same planet to start with, so I know I'm biased against her from the start... On the 3rd or 4th hand now though, I actually like Nat and Brett despite the ridiculous Christian warrior concept... really, if there's a god, would s/he be worrying about Survivor? Well, rambling....
    Each person at Ponderosa had their own little shack built with its own bathroom. When Laura arrived she did not want to sleep alone so Kelly offered to have her room with her. Laura did not give up anything for Shambo.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3772296;
    Each person at Ponderosa had their own little shack built with its own bathroom. When Laura arrived she did not want to sleep alone so Kelly offered to have her room with her. Laura did not give up anything for Shambo.
    Wow... and yet Shambo thought she did.... OK, back to my original opinion of Laura!

I don't know if "mean" is the word I'd use to describe Laura. Cold is more accurate. She gave Shambo the cold shoulder to cry on, etc. I suppose being cold is a way to be mean, but it's more passive. That might also explain why Laura thinks she's not mean. (Does anyone who is cold realize they're cold?)

Her facial expression often seemed to be like most women I've seen who are cold. Yet she was quite emotional at the final tribal council. So emotional, it seemed, she had to sit down before she was finished asking questions she planned to ask.

I was pleased to hear the general public has fallen in love with Shambo and she gets positive responses wherever she goes. She's a tough bird with a soft heart. America loves that like apple pie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3774446;
    ...Does anyone who is cold realize they're cold?...
    I like this. My sister was voted class snob in high school. She didn't understand why - and ultimately I don't think she cared. She just said, "Well, there are just some people I don't like". No more, no less.

In a way, the honesty is kind of refresshing.

Laura is disgusting. After the merge I actually stopped hating Russell for a few weeks as I was focused on rooting for them all to vote Laura out. She is much more vile than Russell, and that is saying a lot! The fact that she is clueless about her rotten behavior is no surprise. Cliques always seem to justify their exclusionary behavior and think they are not doing anything wrong. I think in the reunion show that Jeff wanted to ask her and her clique if it had ever occurred to them that they might have gotten farther in the game if they hadn't been so mean to Shambo, but I could see as the words were forming he got an expression on his face as if he realized it wasn't even worth asking, as she just wasn't going to get it. What a jerk she was to say there had been "forgiveness on both sides," when Shambo had done nothing wrong and there was nothing on that side to forgive! Laura is so out of touch with reality. The not ministering to men bit is just a part of it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3771381;
    Maybe this is too simplistic, but I think it boils down to the audience needing a villain, so Laura is it. RH?...he’s done some very villainous things, but everyone is so ga-ga over his gameplay that a villain he is not. Shambo?...just off center, a bit. Not really a villain. The remaining four?...none even come close. Ben?...gone long ago. Irrelevant. So it’s Laura. Sure, she’s not a Saint (yet, haha), but I don’t think she’s as bad as she’s being painted.
    Nah, I don't think so. I think it depends on one's own personal pet peeves. For myself, I get annoyed with dishonest people and snobs. And Laura is horribly dishonest with herself and a snob. She has a bad superiority complex.

I found Shambo irritating in that she was delusional. She was mostly harmless, but really was not in tune with the people around her.

Russel is an ass, but he was entertaining and an honest ass. I mean, honest about himself being an ass. But a game lier, to be sure.

Of everyone, John kind of stood out for me as the guy with his head on his shoulders firmly. A good sport and decent guy as far as I could see.

I sure wish Betsy had made it far, I think I would have enjoyed her as well.

I am taking Laura's side. Shambo was indeed a sham. Hope Laura returns in a future season. She's great for a grannny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234