+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 12/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Pretty pathetic how Monica went out. Didnt play the game until the last day.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3766298;
    This season cracks me up for sooooo many reasons - not the least of which is that we have a doctor, two lawyers, and a guy who is rumored to have the highest IQ of any player in Survivor history (Dave) making some of the lamest gameplays of the entire season. Classic case of book-smarts vs. street-smarts.

....I should qualify this, however, by saying that Foa Foa has done quite nicely for itself post-merge. While Russell has found all the HII's, I'm not sold on the idea that he has been the sole mastermind behind Foa Foa's success and that Jaison, Mick, and Natalie were mere followers.
    I think Natalie did a good job of "fitting in" when she first got in the merge. I think that was the reason Erik got out. Regardless of what the girls said.

FORT Fanatic

I think maybe Monica patted herself on the back a bit too much, but I don't think it was stupid trying what she did. She most likely figured she was the one going anyway, so why not try to stir things up a bit. Maybe she's not a great player of Survivor, but who is, really, in this group? The only person even trying- it seems like- is Russell. All the others did was TALK about getting rid of him, and that was it. I know they must have their reasons, but why in the world are they voting out a weak player like Monica at this point? Why not a stronger player? Why not Russell?? They know he's playing hard, they could have easily gotten enough votes. I really don't get that at all. I'm kind of glad he's still there, because even though I dislike him personally ( just based on the show, mind you. I don't know him in real life , he's really playing the game. And, maybe it's just me, but I'm getting sick of hearing Shambo spout off every show when she really has no clue about what's going on in the game. And all that cackling and rubbing defeat in the others faces sure isn't winning any friends. I don't think she'd win against anyone, at this point, no matter who it is, if she even made to the end. She has a New York-size ego, and she doesn't deserve it, if you ask me.

FORT Regular

I stopped watching Survivor a few years ago, but this season has really revived my interest. I'm not a fan of Russell, but you have to give him credit. He has manipulated and commandeered this show right from the start. I CANNOT believe how the other players are just like lemmings....falling right off the cliff, one after the other, like the dupes they are.
    Not that I want to see Russell win, but since the others are SO stupid, he really deserves it. This is a good social studies/psychology case in how government leaders can get the populace to do whatever they want them to, just by pulling the right strings.

FORT Fogey

Russell has played flawlessly except for one major mistake. Why on earth did he tell anyone he had millons?! That is so foolish. He will never win the final vote if anyone thinks he doesn't need it. There are always some on the jury who feel strongly about need, especially if they are on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3766316;
    Russell has played flawlessly except for one major mistake. Why on earth did he tell anyone he had millons?!
    We only saw him tell Mick, but obviously it wasn't just Mick or he would know Mick was the source of the leak. Apparently he also told Jaison and Natalie. I agree it was a poor move on his part. And not just that he makes a lot of money. It's one more proof of the manipulative lying he was so good at, like about being a firefighter.

The mastermind has two more TCs where the not-so-hidden immunity idol is available. I hope he plays it. Too many players are voted out with the HII in their back pocket.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3766316;
    Russell has played flawlessly except for one major mistake. Why on earth did he tell anyone he had millons?! That is so foolish. He will never win the final vote if anyone thinks he doesn't need it. There are always some on the jury who feel strongly about need, especially if they are on the fence.
    I totally agree!! Russell may have just blown it! Juries do reward good game playing but tend to want to give money to the deserving and not the rich. Afraid his bragging he may just have killed his chances. Even though the editing hasn't shown anyone else deserving. Mick? Jaison? Natalie? Shambo? Brett? what has anyone of them done to be the winner? Maybe it's all on the cutting room floor.
    Last edited by rocketter; 12-11-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3766353;
    We only saw him tell Mick, but obviously it wasn't just Mick or he would know Mick was the source of the leak. Apparently he also told Jaison and Natalie. I agree it was a poor move on his part. And not just that he makes a lot of money. It's one more proof of the manipulative lying he was so good at, like about being a firefighter.
    re: the bolded - to his credit, that was mostly part of his early gameplay, and a tool to create his inner circle. he let mick, jaison, and natalie in on a secret to show them trust and cement the alliance.now that they are in his back pocket, he doesn't need to pretend to be something he's not. and he hasn't told any of that kind of blatant factual untruth since the first few episodes. it's all been lies about his voting intentions, or reasons.

i do wonder if the admission of wealth will be his fatal flaw in the final vote. so far though, *at least from what we've seen* i think his superior gameplay will trump that card. in an all foa foa final three, i think he would get dave's vote (dave became quite the little russel disciple towards the end, didn't he?), 4th foa foa (jaison, mick, or natalie - they know he earned it), eric, shambo, brett, and kelly in that order of certainty. laura and john might vote against him out of spite, and we know monica will

it's so frustrating though to watch foa foa become the same type of lemmings that galu was. they could have had him out last night, placated shambo, tried to oust brett, but they were unwilling to risk it with brett still there. bummer.
    _(Moo!)

I don't believe Russ is a millionaire. He's a liar. And why would a millionaire walk around with missing teeth? Wouldn't you get that fixed? Just a thought.
    Why the 2 TC's? Are they trying to get this season over by Xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3766406;
    Why the 2 TC's? Are they trying to get this season over by Xmas?
    Final show is Sunday 12/20. They started with 20 players, so there had to be a couple double eliminations. There was going to be a double elimination the night dreadlock Russell left the game, but at TC Jeff said noone would go home that night.

+ Reply to Thread