+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ponderosa

The Ponderosa

I have always enjoyed the Ponderosa clips in season's past. They were light and fun and interesting to me. Sure there was some ugliness (Corrinne), but for the most part the clips redeemed alot of people IMO. (Tyson) I just watched this season's Ponderosa clips and have just one word to say about them. SAD.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: The Ponderosa

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3762698;
    I have always enjoyed the Ponderosa clips in season's past. They were light and fun and interesting to me. Sure there was some ugliness (Corrinne), but for the most part the clips redeemed alot of people IMO. (Tyson) I just watched this season's Ponderosa clips and have just one word to say about them. SAD.
    I agree. Maybe they don't seem as fun or interesting to me because I never knew the Galu people enough to care what happens to them. Plus, the routine doesn't vary much from year to year, so I've seen it before. I haven't watched this week yet, but I probably will, just because.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Any interesting insights or reveals? Or personality reveals/confirmations, as in Corinne?

I'd say that Laura is shown to be a bitter loser. She is most unpleasant, and if she claims that the edit is not her, I'd beg to differ after seeing her in the Ponderosa clips.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, fiji! If Shambo winds up at Ponderosa for any length of time it seems likely that good Christian Laura will do her best to make her life hell.

What I've found most interesting in the Ponderosa clips is Laura's attitude shift.

When she joined Eric & Kelly, Eric wanted to know why on earth they made the decision to get rid of him in five minutes, and Laura's attitude was "It's done, get over it." But when John showed up, her attitude was "How dare you flip and vote me out!!"
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Eric says he is the only one with clean hands, but that is only because he was the first one at Ponderosa since he had been voting out people at every TC up to that point.

I've been trying to catch up on the Ponderosa videos today and boy, am I tired of that Sprint commercial.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I only saw one clip, but based on what I saw, I'd say that John, Laura, and Kelly are 3 peas on a pod, i.e. just not very nice people.

I'd take Eric over any these guys.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3763610;
    Eric says he is the only one with clean hands, but that is only because he was the first one at Ponderosa since he had been voting out people at every TC up to that point.
    Maybe he means he didn't doublecross any Galus?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast