+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3764107;
    The reason we see alot of Russell is that he is doing something. He has turned this game with being able to find the Hidden Immunity Idol without clues and all the strategizing he has done and of course creating chaos. That is at least interesting. Do you really want to watch the others doing nothing?

This canard was presented before the merge when we were shown nothing about the other tribe and only RH'on Foa Foa. It was said that the other tribe was "doing nothing."

And yet--when the clip show came around (and before then when the Galu had to chosoe someone to vote off--well amazingly a lot was being done by the other tribe.

So one has a hard time believing now that "only RH" is doing something and that everyone else is "doing nothing."

But of course since we're not shown nearly as much of everyone else, we can only count the number of scenes that RH shows up in--even when they are nothig but reaction shots--IE--pictures of him sitting and doing nothing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764168;
    This canard was presented before the merge when we were shown nothing about the other tribe and only RH'on Foa Foa. It was said that the other tribe was "doing nothing."

And yet--when the clip show came around (and before then when the Galu had to chosoe someone to vote off--well amazingly a lot was being done by the other tribe.

So one has a hard time believing now that "only RH" is doing something and that everyone else is "doing nothing."

But of course since we're not shown nearly as much of everyone else, we can only count the number of scenes that RH shows up in--even when they are nothig but reaction shots--IE--pictures of him sitting and doing nothing.....
    I think secretly that you are big Russell fan as you seem to be the only one who counts every single scene he is in in every episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearcata
    I think secretly that you are big Russell fan as you seem to be the only one who counts every single scene he is in in every episode.
    Aha! The lady doth protest too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3764195;
    . I for one love every scene they show of Russell. In fact I could watch the whole show of nothing but Russell. The guys game play and the way he can out wit the others is very entertaining to watch. Without Russell and all of the scenes they show of him, the show wouldn't be worth watching and the producers know that. Look how many people have switched to hating the man to really admiring him and the things he has done. He will go down in Survivor history for accomplishing what he has and will be one of the most talked about survivors ever. Even if he doesn't win, I bet he will be remembered more than the person who actually wins.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

FORT Fogey

I still don't like Russel, but no longer harbor the hate...though do wish we knew more about the other Galu guy (not Dave) that's still left - he's a cutie!

Also, in total agreement, between Coach and Russel? Go with RH every time - still can't stand what they shoved down us last year as the Coach show. He had nothing to show for it but his own hot air. At least RH can back up his claims.

I did a complete 180 on Russel. Couldn't stand him the first two shows, and now I think he's hilarious to watch and I love all the scheming. Sure, he's full of himself, but he's got a right to be, frankly. He's running the show at this point, and he's making stuff happen. Now, he's also in a pretty vulnerable position if the others get together and decide to cut the leader loose somehow, but they don't seem that bright frankly. Maybe Jaison and Mick, but I don't know the previews for next week could be misleading.

I can't stand Shambo, but she isn't that hard to get along with as long as you make an appearance of listening to her and treating her with the respect and deference she thinks she deserves. In other words, blow smoke up you know where. She's going to be supremely ticked off after the last vote, but I think Russel will find a way to bring her around again.

Oh, and that guy at tribal council, you know, the one that isn't Dave...has he been on the show the whole time?? He's either seriously boring because I don't think I've ever seen a Survivor make it this far in the game with as little face-time as this guy. He's a non-entity, whatever his name is.

The only thing I don't like about Russell is that I feel like he's trying too hard to play a character. I like players whose colorful or strong characters come through naturally. I don't consider Russell an evil person, but I feel like that's the kind of character he's trying to portray. When he refers to the women as "dumbasses" it seems forced and rehearsed.

FORT Fogey

If Russell makes it to the jury votes, I think he'll win. Despite the fact that we all seem somewhat offended by him, none of his tribemates do (at least not on the island and no benefit of watching the footage). They seem to know he's playing the game - and working hard at it.

I think that kind of effort is frequently rewarded by Survivor juries - even if the person is the most pleasant, etc.

I still think it would be a neat move if RH is able to hold onto the third idol until F3 and then waive it at the jury (just before his acceptance speech, LOL).

Love him or Hate him, if you are a Survivor fan you have to admire the heck out of him. From the first show we knew his strategy, and we've been able to watch it play out show after show. The pure dumb luck or magic radar he used to find all three Hidden Immunity Idols has been amazing to watch.

I only read this board so I don't know how the rest of the blogosphere has been reacting to him, but I am ready to crown him with laurel leaves even if he gets voted off or denied his rightful place by the jury.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread