+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Maybe it was that there were only two chickens left by then.

I can only see one reason why the obviously bright and talented Daisy would not have made a dash for it - if after a week or so of scrounging on her own and being hounded by that maniac Eric, she decided three square by FeatherMom Shambo was worth hanging around for, LOL.

I still think it would be a cool overlap of the two shows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3759109;
    I own my own business and would never ever divulge on national television how much I made. How would his customers feel knowing that? And yes, his company certainly could have made that, but it's not necessarily what he took home.

He certainly acts like new money as well.

Lurkinlady--I agree with you.

Which makes me wonder if he was lying--again.

Either that or he's not nearly as smart as he seems to think he is.

He may be lying, but the psychology of such things is pretty complex. A lot of people might be more reassured by knowing he took home a lot of money than not. It implies success, and success implies stability.

If the company were public and there were shareholders that would be a different thing entirely. But if not? Claiming you are affluent communicates something which helps someone, not hurts them. Even if these post Madoff days, that probably still applies when its not other people's money.

Donald Trump has been doing this for years. Love him or hate him (more rightfully hate him), he's undeniably the master of acting affluent to send a (often false) signal of success. So "what his customers think"? Why's that a problem? They'll think the company is doing well, because the "boss" is doing well, so they should continue to deal with them.

You don't like that he's likely lying. That's different. But the "why would he even say it if it was true" logic doesn't apply.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think Shambo was just mad that Laura didn't give her the reaction she was needing or hoping for in their "bonding" talk on the beach. As mentioned above, she hates the 'mean girl/popular girl' clique that Laura represents, but she also I think still desperately wants to be accepted and even liked by them. Laura's obvious boredom and platitudes ("they're better off" - WTH??) just served to make Shambo feel even more alienated and alone, which most likely fuelled her bitter confessional after the fact. She should have walked away from Laura, and not even looked to her for sympathy or comfort. Laura's a hard nut, that's for sure. She is definitely NOT cut out for a life in the Ministry, where compassion and kindness is required for the job. Unless she only plans to Minister to the beautiful, successful and perfect people?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3760104;
    Unless she only plans to Minister to the beautiful, successful and perfect people?
    Women. Beautiful, successful and perfect women. Because it wouldn't be right to minister to a man.

Have you watched Erik's interactions with Laura at Ponderosa? He's fed up with her telling him how he should feel about being voted off the way he was. Looks like her idea of ministering is being an overbearing, judgmental matriarch.

I used to love watching the Ponderosa clips, although I only discovered them in Bob's season.

This season, I haven't been interested enough (and I usually love the behind-the-scenes stuff) to check them out.

I'm so glad that Laura is gone from the show that I don't think I'm up for watching any more of her, which will be a shame if contestants I like end up at Ponderosa. Oh well, there's always FF.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3760112;
    I'm so glad that Laura is gone from the show that I don't think I'm up for watching any more of her
    That's a shame. She's taken Ponderosa gluttony to a new level, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3760106;
    Women. Beautiful, successful and perfect women. Because it wouldn't be right to minister to a man.

Have you watched Erik's interactions with Laura at Ponderosa? He's fed up with her telling him how he should feel about being voted off the way he was. Looks like her idea of ministering is being an overbearing, judgmental matriarch.
    Actually he was complementing her saying that her being a mother she's used to trying to make people feel better and making everything alright but he said right now he doesn't want to feel good about being voted out.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567