+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3758705;
    Finally watched it.
    Laura came across pretty much as I expected she would. She was cold, bored and aloof. I just think that's a lot of her personality. She just doesn't come across as a warm, fuzzy individual. It's hard to even imagine her as a mother.
    Shambo has her problems, too. However, I could certainly understand how somebody - an ex Marine or a mere mortal - could break down in a situation such as Survivor. It sems like Shambo still carries the old wounds from high school, where she was excluded by the "mean girls' clique. She still seems to want their acceptance, even after all these years. And, who has not had times in their life when they did not think about loved ones they had lost?
    Still, I am glad that Shambo is still there and Laura is not.

Question - do you guys believe that Russell made $1.7 mil?

It was nice to hear the comments from Jaison where he berates himself for not following his dad's teachings. He's still one of my faves in this game. The guy sure has a lot of class.

I've often wondered what possesses someone to divulge that kind of information to virtual strangers, and in Russell's case on national TV, no less. I know in the case of Russell and Mick, they were trading confidences (and potential ammo) in some sort of bonding experience. But in Russell's case to mention a particular dollar amount seems dangerous. If he did make $1.7 million last year, I hope he reported all of it, and then paid taxes on all of it. If I were an auditor for the IRS, I would have been researching him Thursday evening, holiday or no holiday.

FORT Fan

I own my own business and would never ever divulge on national television how much I made. How would his customers feel knowing that? And yes, his company certainly could have made that, but it's not necessarily what he took home.

He certainly acts like new money as well.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

This thread has actually been more entertaining than the clip show. Having lost a brother nearly 22 years ago, I would not consider myself to be a loser were I to break down and have a cry for him, and I certaintly would not consider that cry to be ridiculous. Were I in a conversation about the loss of him, I think it is quite probable that I would, at some point, break down and cry. It's not as unusual has some may think.

Not to defend Laura, but I myself could have had more compassion for Shambo. I'm not a robot, I felt bad...but I just don't really much like Shambo. I find her extremely tedious. The only thing I've found entertaining about Shambo is her name does the Shambo mambo bo bambo banana fana fo fam bo bee by bo bam bo...Shambo bit really well.

Go Russell, you little freaky man!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I was LMAO when Russell was walking around with the idol around his neck trying to see if Dave would notice it.

Does anyone know when the Finale is scheduled for ? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3759375;
    Does anyone know when the Finale is scheduled for ? TIA.
    December 20
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3759109;
    I own my own business and would never ever divulge on national television how much I made. How would his customers feel knowing that? And yes, his company certainly could have made that, but it's not necessarily what he took home.

He certainly acts like new money as well.
    I would never divulge that info on national TV, either.

For some reason, however, people go on shows like this one or Oprah or Dr. Phil, et al, and divulge information that, hitherto, they were unable to talk to anybody about!! I guess having a camera in your face and millions watching in the audience loosens up even the most private of individuals!

Although, as far as Russell, I don't believe most of what comes out of his mouth......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3759125;
    This thread has actually been more entertaining than the clip show. Having lost a brother nearly 22 years ago, I would not consider myself to be a loser were I to break down and have a cry for him, and I certaintly would not consider that cry to be ridiculous. Were I in a conversation about the loss of him, I think it is quite probable that I would, at some point, break down and cry. It's not as unusual has some may think.
    Shambo's breakdown wasn't the loserish part. It was her idiotic confessional, and the fact that she was bitching about a situation where she could have just gotten up, walked down the beach a bit, and had her cry in private again. Instead she's on national TV coming off like an idiot complaining about Big Bad Laura. Who WAS crass, and unsympathetic and other yucky stuff, but was hardly keeping Shambo prisoner.

Having emotions? Fine. Complaining about other's reactions to those emotions? Only fine if there was no choice. Shambo had one, chose to stay, and then chose to harp on it like an annoying nutcase.

In other words? She acted like a loser. Not because she was crying, but with pretty much everything else surrounding that situation.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On RH's sabotage resulting in the breakout of the remaining chickens - someone mentioned this is the sort of thing you would think they would show us on a regular show. I agree. I thought we knew that two chickens escaped, but I don't think they showed that. So might there be overlap in a future show of footage we initially saw in a highlights show? Unless I missed something, I think it works chronologically, without their having to repeat the Erik-Dances-With-Chickens scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3759571;
    On RH's sabotage resulting in the breakout of the remaining chickens - someone mentioned this is the sort of thing you would think they would show us on a regular show. I agree. I thought we knew that two chickens escaped, but I don't think they showed that. So might there be overlap in a future show of footage we initially saw in a highlights show? Unless I missed something, I think it works chronologically, without their having to repeat the Erik-Dances-With-Chickens scenes.
    I doubt they escaped too or we would of saw it in a regular episode.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast