+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Why does Shambo talking about losing sibs when she was young make her a "loser"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758585;
    Why does Shambo talking about losing sibs when she was young make her a "loser"?
    Several people have covered that already.

And its not as simple as Shambles being lonely or stressed or anything like that. A good part of it was that she didn't just get right up and walk away. So Laura invaded her space? Either deal with it, or walk away. Instead she put on a little show and then whined about it to the Confessional Cam.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3758588;

And its not as simple as Shambles being lonely or stressed or anything like that. A good part of it was that she didn't just get right up and walk away. So Laura invaded her space? Either deal with it, or walk away. Instead she put on a little show and then whined about it to the Confessional Cam.

My question was for the poster who called her a "loser" for talking about the loss of her sibs.

I am wondering what makes a person a "loser" for feeling and expressing loss?

I'm having trouble squaring Shambo's Survivor personna with what I expect from a Marine sargeant. I really appreciate her service to her country, but I would have expected someone much more seasoned emotionally and mentally. It is one of the things that has really impressed me by Russell - he blows everything off, including demoralizing weather conditions that took down everyone else.

FORT Fogey

Well--Marines are human beings and individuals. If you know a few it's easy to see they are not all alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758627;
    Well--Marines are human beings and individuals. If you know a few it's easy to see they are not all alike.
    They're not just any individuals. There are standards. Same as there are standards for who should be in ministry, and Laura is a shining example of who should stay away from it. Neither one has the people skills necessary for the job.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

This is true. I've been thinking on it, and as much as I enjoyed Shambo giving everyone what-for this episode, she still is a whiny-complainer. If you want people to not point out your every flaw, well, you can't be going around doing the same about everyone else.
    Shambo did have a choice to leave the situation but I think her overall reaction is a result of a culmination of the bad attitudes she has recieved from the "purples". That said, she has to drop her own bad attitude.

Gosh, I sure do love how she sticks it to people though. Very entertaining.
    Neither Laura nor Shambo would be considered "winners" in my book, but given a choice, I'll take the outrageous and straightforward Shambo over the self-righteous and entitled Laura any day. This clip show was Shambo heavy and it was one of the best I've seen in some time... thanks to Sham.

Finally watched it.
    Laura came across pretty much as I expected she would. She was cold, bored and aloof. I just think that's a lot of her personality. She just doesn't come across as a warm, fuzzy individual. It's hard to even imagine her as a mother.
    Shambo has her problems, too. However, I could certainly understand how somebody - an ex Marine or a mere mortal - could break down in a situation such as Survivor. It sems like Shambo still carries the old wounds from high school, where she was excluded by the "mean girls' clique. She still seems to want their acceptance, even after all these years. And, who has not had times in their life when they did not think about loved ones they had lost?
    Still, I am glad that Shambo is still there and Laura is not.

Question - do you guys believe that Russell made $1.7 mil?

It was nice to hear the comments from Jaison where he berates himself for not following his dad's teachings. He's still one of my faves in this game. The guy sure has a lot of class.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3758705;
    Question - do you guys believe that Russell made $1.7 mil?
    I can easily believe that the family business took in $1.7 mil gross.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was a bit surprised that 5 years ago he was supposedly living in a traller from paycheck to paycheck....business must have really taken off....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast