+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Shambles disgusts me to no end. Stupid, bitter and petty. Why the hell would anyone sit beside someone who clearly wasn't a friend, start moaning and weeping about something that happened twenty years ago, and then complain because they weren't receiving an adequate amount of sympathy? Not to say that Laura isn't a bitch of the first water, but seriously Shambles? Are you that dense? Are your social skills really that defective? Also, when she cut the rope on the chicken trap (that sounds risqué for some reason ) and starts going on and on about how she trapped the chicken. Self-involved crapsack. It was Eriks' design that trapped the chicken - she essentially just pushed the button to start the sequence of events.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3758193;
    Shambles disgusts me to no end. Stupid, bitter and petty. Why the hell would anyone sit beside someone who clearly wasn't a friend, start moaning and weeping about something that happened twenty years ago, and then complain because they weren't receiving an adequate amount of sympathy? Not to say that Laura isn't a bitch of the first water, but seriously Shambles? Are you that dense? Are your social skills really that defective? Also, when she cut the rope on the chicken trap (that sounds risqué for some reason ) and starts going on and on about how she trapped the chicken. Self-involved crapsack. It was Eriks' design that trapped the chicken - she essentially just pushed the button to start the sequence of events.
    Shambo stated that she was on the beach having her breakdown moment and Laura joined her...

She didn't go on and on about catching the chicken. She said that Eric's trap worked and Eric ASKED her who caught it and who cut the rope. But she didn't go and on and on at all. I know, because I was waiting for her to do just that and was pleasantly surprised that she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3758196;
    Shambo stated that she was on the beach having her breakdown moment and Laura joined her...
    So Laura can read minds, can she? Shambles had the option of keeping her mouth shut or moving away. Laura is a bitch, but Shambles is a whiny idiot - there is no winner here. Plus "vomit on her face"? How charmingly mature of her .

She didn't go on and on about catching the chicken. She said that Eric's trap worked and Eric ASKED her who caught it and who cut the rope. But she didn't go and on and on at all. I know, because I was waiting for her to do just that and was pleasantly surprised that she didn't.
    In my opinion, she was taking credit. All the credit belonged to Erik. Particularly given that she lost the chicken in the first place - a little humility would have been a lot more attractive.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I haven't seen the whole episode yet, but I was relieved that someone had the idea of using a net to catch Daisy. Back in the original episode, I couldn't understand why they didn't try that. Also, when a spoiler said "you'll find out what happened to Daisy", I was afraid that she would be "dinner". Could still happen, I guess, but I think it was Eric who said that the first thing he'd do (after the merge?) would be to serve her up and not share with the other tribe.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3758192;
    The scene where Shambo and "studying for the ministry" Laura were on the beach. Shambo is homesick and reminiscing about her two deceased siblings and Laura just blithely says, "Well, they're better off." Not, "they're in a better place because they're not suffering," or anything even slightly compassionate. Nope. She sounded so cold and insincere to me. She's going to be a lovely role model for the women she ministers to.
    This is what I was thinking since last night too. I have no idea if she is a "good Christian" - I don't think we have seen enough to really judge that. But we have definitely seen that she has NO CALLING to be any kind of a minister.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3758183;
    Apparantly I'm an exception, but I really enjoyed the clip show.

Shambo is crazy, but I thought her crazy was so funny! Especially when she was calling out others of the "purple", like Dave and Monica. There IS no purple. So rational beneath the crazy. She may be annoying and in people's faces, but she calls them out. The only scene of hers I hated was the fire scene... but Dave was equally a jerk so it evened out. And anyone singing Eye of the Tiger is funny.

I thought Eric's chicken net was pretty smart, and his vendetta with the hen was amusing to watch.

Laura. No redemption here.
    I enjoyed it too. It was great to finally see some of the other contestants in action and to get to know them as something other than foils for one contestant.

FORT Fogey

You forgot to mention someone who is bitter towards a certain contestant and is looking for a reason to complain"

To quote a poster who is being criticised for "hating " a contestant on another show--

"I don't hate the contestant. I hate what the producers are doing to this show."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3758201;
    So Laura can read minds, can she? Shambles had the option of keeping her mouth shut or moving away. Laura is a bitch, but Shambles is a whiny idiot - there is no winner here. Plus "vomit on her face"? How charmingly mature of her .
    According to Sham she was on the beach upset and Laura joined her. Laura then, as we saw, asked her about stuff, complained about the sun, flippantly said that Sham's siblings were better off dead, and has been bragging about how she "reached out to Sham" in exit interviews. Her reaching out includes a punch in the leg and an inability to even sit up. Perhaps she feels her breasts look better when she is in the lying down position, and doesn't want to ruin that.
    I would have loved that scene, except Sham didn't throw up in her face. Too bad.

In my opinion, she was taking credit. All the credit belonged to Erik. Particularly given that she lost the chicken in the first place - a little humility would have been a lot more attractive.
    Yeah, when Eric asked she should have said, "it was YOU! You caught it and you cut the rope, unbelievable, huh?"

I really think Laura's comment about her siblings being better off came out the wrong way. She obviously meant that her siblings were no longer suffering and based on her beliefs, Shambo's siblings would be "better off".

I don't know how much sympathy Shambo wanted. No offense to Shambo, but losing your infant brother when you're an infant seems like something that's hard to garner a lot of sympathy for. It's sad, but what did she want Laura to do? Shambo can bitch about Laura not being sympathetic enough, but then she goes on about how phony Laura was trying to reach out and be her friend. So what did Shambo want? More synpathy from Laura so she can continue on about how phony Laura was? Or less sympathy so she can go on about how cold Laura was? All she does is complain and it seems to be based on a lot of personal issues.

She's all about self-pity.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3758250;
    I really think Laura's comment about her siblings being better off came out the wrong way. She obviously meant that her siblings were no longer suffering and based on her beliefs, Shambo's siblings would be "better off".

I don't know how much sympathy Shambo wanted. No offense to Shambo, but losing your infant brother when you're an infant seems like something that's hard to garner a lot of sympathy for. It's sad, but what did she want Laura to do? Shambo can bitch about Laura not being sympathetic enough, but then she goes on about how phony Laura was trying to reach out and be her friend. So what did Shambo want? More synpathy from Laura so she can continue on about how phony Laura was? Or less sympathy so she can go on about how cold Laura was? All she does is complain and it seems to be based on a lot of personal issues.

She's all about self-pity.
    My last comment on this one, I think.

The point is, if Laura didn't want to know about Shambo's family or be sympathetic, why bring it up? It was fake for her to even ask about it. Shambo was on the beach upset, so Laura approaches her and brings up her dead brother and asks her questions about her family. Shambo has a melt-down, and Laura's response is pretty much nothing. What Laura revealed is she was "kind enough" to say aw, poor Shambo, but the sympathy was fake. It was obvious she didn't give a hoot whether Shambo was upset or not... Laura showed NO genuine sympathy whatsoever.
    Shambo felt that if you really don't give a crap, don't approach and ask me about it. I'm with her on that, 100 percent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast