+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/26 Clip Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Gosh--all that gameplay being done by people OTHER than RH--at a time when we were being told that we were being shown only RH because "only RH was doing anything."

Who woulda thunk it?
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-26-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758033;
    Gosh--all that gameplay being done by people OTHER than RH--at a time when we were being told that we were being shown only RH because "only RH was doing anything."

Who woulda thunk it?
    No one said he was the only one doing anything. We said he was the only one doing anything interesting- as proven by tonight's clipshow.

And who counts how many scenes someone has per episode? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3758048;

And who counts how many scenes someone has per episode? Come on.
    Apparently people do

There actually used to be an updated thread on this board about how many confessionals someone had each show, I think?

What these clips said to me: Shambo is crazy.

Laura is despicable, and I was so happy she was booted off. I can't stand having to see her again, yuck. Her vileness was the only thing making me not hate Russell while she was still there on the merged tribe. But now that she is gone Russell regains his place as number one most despised, and the clips on this episode just reminds me of why.

All this show did was further prove things we already knew:

--Shambles is insane and annoying.
    --Russell isn't the only one doing stuff, but he's the only one doing anything all that INTERESTING or effective.
    --Laura is a bitch.
    --Danger Dave thinks he's a lot smarter than he is.
    --Erik was dumber than a post.
    --John isn't totally stupid, but until he was personally at risk, deliberately did very little (gameplaywise) other than sit back and watch others operate. He's probably the only person there as near as smart as Russell--at least seemingly--but it hasn't mattered until now since he's been laying low.
    --It sucks to be appointed "leader".
    --A bunch of other people were there but they did very little and mattered even less.

As I said... we knew it all already.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

"No one said he was the only one doing anything"

Actually that claim was made on a number of threads whenever anyone else complained we never saw anything about other contestants and didn't know anyone else because they were never shown.

"And who counts how many scenes someone has per episode?"

Someone who has written screenplays and teleplays and can count scenes and note content while doing two or three other things at the same time. And who wants to prove that only one contestant is getting the majority of the screen time on most episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758143;

Actually that claim was made on a number of threads whenever anyone else complained we never saw anything about other contestants and didn't know anyone else because they were never shown.

Someone who has written screenplays and teleplays and can count scenes and note content while doing two or three other things at the same time. And who wants to prove that only one contestant is getting the majority of the screen time on most episodes.
    So what if he is getting most of the screen time? Who is doing more interesting things? Who else has found 3 idols? Who else is sabotaging their tribe?

Yes, obviously other people have done things. but they aren't near as entertaining as what Russel has done. I love knowing what everyone there talks about/does/their daily antics around camp/etc, it's why I love Big Brother, but Survivor is an hour show. Last season it was Coach, this season it's Russel. There's always one person we seem to see too much of, not much avoiding it

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758143;

You forgot to mention someone who is bitter towards a certain contestant and is looking for a reason to complain.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Apparantly I'm an exception, but I really enjoyed the clip show.

Shambo is crazy, but I thought her crazy was so funny! Especially when she was calling out others of the "purple", like Dave and Monica. There IS no purple. So rational beneath the crazy. She may be annoying and in people's faces, but she calls them out. The only scene of hers I hated was the fire scene... but Dave was equally a jerk so it evened out. And anyone singing Eye of the Tiger is funny.

I thought Eric's chicken net was pretty smart, and his vendetta with the hen was amusing to watch.

Laura. No redemption here.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The scene where Shambo and "studying for the ministry" Laura were on the beach. Shambo is homesick and reminiscing about her two deceased siblings and Laura just blithely says, "Well, they're better off." Not, "they're in a better place because they're not suffering," or anything even slightly compassionate. Nope. She sounded so cold and insincere to me.

She's going to be a lovely role model for the women she ministers to. "This is our women's minister, Laura. She was on Survivor. Everyone agrees she's a b****."

Shaking my head at the harm that is too often done by those who profess to be followers of Christ. "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast