+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3753919;
    Shambo's behavior was anything but strategic that's for sure, but Russell was right there with her smiling and high-fiving. Not good social gestures.
    RUssell wasn't being very obnoxious about it though. Shambo was. And she was doing it purposefully to make a statement, but it wasn't a good one.

Loved the drama of "double overtime." That was fun. Watching the progressive facial reactions to mounting votes... would make fun gifs.

The players running, worried, after Russell through the jungle thinking he might find a third (!) idol is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. Hahahaha. Unforgettable!

Russell has the $100,000 Most Popular Player vote in the bag.
    Last edited by CharmOffensive; 11-20-2009 at 04:37 AM.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3753783;
    No. He just realized that Dave WAS following him and doing whatever he was doing.

Don't credit Dave with "almost figuring out where the idol was". He was only looking where he was in the first place because Russell was doing the same kind of search a few feet away. Russ realized mid-stream though that where Dave was standing was more likely though, and because Dave is a sheep without a real thought in his empty head, he just followed Russell out of there...
    Well, I didn't ask if Dave realized, I asked if Russell did? I don't think Dave had a clue, however, i suspect that for whatever reason, Russell did suspect he (Dave) might be getting too close.

Regarding IQ...while having a high IQ may indicate one's innate ability/capacity for learning, it says nothing about one's ability to translate that into productivity/reasoning/common sense.

I think Russell should save the HII for F3 and whip it out as part of his self-promotion for why they should vote for him, LOL.

The producers can do a lot of editing. I wonder whether any of Shambo's reactions were to something completely different. It's a possibility.

They understood the rules of a tie before TC because Russell explained them to John and asked John to change his vote to Laura if there were a tie the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3753898;
    Shambo is right, Laura was a b*tch, but Shambo is childish, neither one is a role model.
    maybe it's a female thing, but i think shambo just got so FIXATED on hating laura that she lost sight of everything else. nothing else going on in the game mattered, while she still had laura to hate. you said it right, that kind of attitude IS childish, and is a real weakness when there is so much else going on.

i will be interested to see what shambo does with herself now that laura is gone. without that person to hate, will she become a player? or will she have lost her direction and flounder?

one might say the same about the viewers who get stuck hating on russell. and FTR, the producers cannot tip him off, but they do love what he's doing for their show.
    _(Moo!)

on a different vein than my last post, you KNOW that old foa foa is not going to make the same mistakes as old galu. jaison was very diplomatic in his wording at tribal council last night, but the point was that being the minority, they knew they had to stick together, and they will, until they have a comfortable and permanent majority. and that means russell, jaison, mick, and natalie vs. two of the other five. MAYBE then foa foa will try to oust russell themselves, but not before

i think john flipped sides (and btw, i totally called it in the spoiler thread. that's me tooting my own horn for a second ) because a 1 in 7 chance of drawing a purple rock was just too much for him. laura was willing to risk him to be safe, and i think he turned that back to her. i don't think he is a guaranteed foa foa vote by any means, and i'm not sure that shambo will remain so either. with laura and eric gone, her old tribe will try to court her and john back. if they do that, if they convince shambo (i think john is a pretty easy sell) that they need a foa foa out of this game NOW because of the streak of power they've shown, next week old galu could still have majority and begin picking off foa foa at last

i wonder if that made any sense. what i'm saying is that next week's vote and strategy may well be MORE complicated with Laura gone, not less
    Last edited by MamaAmyG; 11-20-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: corrected typo
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3753985;
    what i'm saying is that next week's vote and strategy may well be MORE complicated with Laura gone, not less
    I agree, although I think it works for Shambo to keep switching sides, thereby keeping the two tribes fairly even.

Has anyone noticed that the type of immunity challenge generally changed at the merge? It used to be you would vote off weak players before the merge and strong players after the merge, but the recent immunity challenges haven't particularly favored strong players. So not the overwhelming need to get rid of someone like RH or any of the other guys based on immunity dominance. That leaves it more open who you should target.

So funny--at first I couldn't stand Russell but as the show progresses, he's growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3753978;
    one might say the same about the viewers who get stuck hating on russell. and FTR, the producers cannot tip him off, but they do love what he's doing for their show.
    I disagree with this statement...I think that the producers (Or at least production CREW) could very easily tipo Russell off...they were able to see what type of a "dynamic" player he would be..and I am sure they used that to their filming advantage...

The fact that they got an 8 sec. clue that basically showed a moss covered rock...then Russell was able to IMMEDIATELY locate THAT particular rock in the island jungle...gimmmeee a break, don't insult my intelligence.

I think they have a gold mine with Russell, people either love to hate him..or love how he is playing the game..either way it equals great ratings, and that's what it's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3754000;
    I disagree with this statement...I think that the producers (Or at least production CREW) could very easily tipo Russell off...they were able to see what type of a "dynamic" player he would be..and I am sure they used that to their filming advantage...

The fact that they got an 8 sec. clue that basically showed a moss covered rock...then Russell was able to IMMEDIATELY locate THAT particular rock in the island jungle...gimmmeee a break, don't insult my intelligence.

I think they have a gold mine with Russell, people either love to hate him..or love how he is playing the game..either way it equals great ratings, and that's what it's all about!
    If the producers did that and got caught, they'd go to jail. I'm pretty sure dynamic tv isn't worth that.

As for IMMEDIATELY finding the rock, that was just editing. We have no idea how long he actually looked (except we know he was looking for it in the morning before the reward challenge while everyone else slept). In a show with 44 minutes of content that includes two challenges, footage of a reward, some pre-tribal scheming, and tribal council, they only had a few minutes to show the chase for the idol. The rock clue may have only been 8 seconds but Russell memorized what that rock looked like and was able to give Jaison a really good description.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread