+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Somebody please remind me of what Russell has done in the physical competitions. For some reason, my mind goes to zero, but that could be a brainfart.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This episode of Survivor won its time-slot by a hefty margin over its network competition (Bones, Flash Forward, Community, The Vampire Diaries): 13.2 million viewers (Bones was second with 9+ million).
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3751484;
    On Foa Foa his "real" alliances was with Ben, Jaison and Mick, the girls were all "show", so he had no problem voting them out over his real alliance members. after the merge he chose Kelly because thats who Shambo advised him to go after.
    I think Russ' "real" alliance is whoever he feels like he can manipulate and will stick with him. Once they realize their sole purpose is to further Russ' game, they're gone. All the women he voted out: Marissa, Elizabeth, Betsy and now Kelly, were smart enough to see through him and realize his only true loyalty is to himself. He didn't want them to stick around long enough to convince everyone else of that. He may go far with Shambo (or one of the guys)...he will after all need at least one truly loyal minion
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can understand the "let's use who we can while we can" mentality. That's fair. If you are USED, you can't complain.

I'm always amazed at the people who are willing to be used.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3751501;
    Somebody please remind me of what Russell has done in the physical competitions. For some reason, my mind goes to zero, but that could be a brainfart.
    the very first challenge of the season he was chosen for the leg of the relay that involved moving a hefty hunk of wood... whatever it was. he did that well

also in the episode where liz was voted off, he and liz were the two chosen from foa foa to hold the nets while galu members tossed coconuts in, and he held up as well as anyone would have expected him to

those are the two that come to mind as physical. he was also in the bocce ball challenge and had a very good toss, though it was ultimately bested by dave
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3752183;
    All the women he voted out: Marissa, Elizabeth, Betsy and now Kelly, were smart enough to see through him and realize his only true loyalty is to himself.
    And yet in their exit interviews all the women he voted out were totally shocked and had no idea what was really going on. They didn't see crapola.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

I would disagree with you about Betsy, pawpaw. She did see what was going on but couldn't keep from letting him know she knew.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3752272;
    I would disagree with you about Betsy, pawpaw. She did see what was going on but couldn't keep from letting him know she knew.
    Still thats 1 out of Marisa, Betsy, ashley, Liz and Kelly

Richard Hatch Season 1

True. I think Marisa and Liz may also have been in the same category but Russell did a great job of making it so his tribe as a whole wouldn't side with anyone but him.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3752511;
    True. I think Marisa and Liz may also have been in the same category but Russell did a great job of making it so his tribe as a whole wouldn't side with anyone but him.
    Seems most of the girls had more issue with Ben than Russell, Russell's nastiness was in confessionals, not out in the open.

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread