+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3750118;
    He says mean things behind their back, gloats and boasts. BIG DEAL.
    Right, and my point is that isn't being villainous. Nothing since the first episode.

Now if he would start sabotaging some of the Galu members, that could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3750072;
    I wonder if Jeff has ever reached into the jar, didn't like what he saw, and been tempted to say, no wait a minute, that isn't what I wanted to pull out next, LOL.

Have any contestants ever said that they paid attention to handwriting so they would know how at least some of the players had voted?
    I'm sure they've tried, but many contestants - at least in the past - will intentionally write the names down in a different way and even add for example a smiley even if they're a guy - in order to throw people off the track. Ethan from Africa was a very good example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3750003;
    You mean, Russell, right?
    Yes... but I have to admit that he does have some of the scheming Richard Hatch had. (No, this isn't the first time I've actually tried to say Hantz' name was Hatch's ) That said, I DO think that Russell is smarter than Hatch though and if he wins will pay his taxes and not LIE about CBS wanting to pay them.

You know - that's funny too - the two have the same initials. Just thought of that.

FORT Fogey

For me, here's the difference between Russell and Laura.

Russell is crass and offensive in his comments but - where it doesn't derail his strategy - he's not afraid to say it out loud to peoples' faces.

Laura, on the other hand, exudes a holier-than-thou attitude that is far more offensive. She doesn't have to say a word. Her facial expressions, body language, and strategy say plenty.

I'll take Russell any day of the week over Laura.

I'm still on my anti-Russell train. The rest of you all seemed to sway like trees in a slight breeze. Did he plant a Russell seed in you? Don't forget he attempted that "Dumb girl alliance" and axed them when they barely questioned his motives. This episode was mindblowingly shocking though. The extra immunity idol (thought it was Eric's at first), Russell finding it, Laura getting immunity, the setup against Russell with Monica almost causing a split and then him playing it. Really really good.
    Last edited by Endit; 11-14-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo lol, I think there was no in it

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3750361;
    I'm still on my anti-Russell train. The rest of you all seemed to sway like trees in a slight breeze.
    Nope. I've said I liked his game play from Day 1. I haven't swayed anywhere. If he'd started playing badly, that would be the only circumstance where I would, because ANY and ALL admiration I have for him is ONLY based on his gameplay and nothing else.

Did he plant a Russell seed in you? Don't forget he attempted that "Dumb girl alliance" and axed them when they barely questioned his motives.
    And look how well it worked out for him--quite well, I'd say. Take the morality of seeming to promise something to people and going back on that out of it for a moment, and look just at the result. He's stayed.

It's hard to say for sure what would have happened if he kept every deal with every "dumb girl" as he called them, but the bottom line is that he fulfilled the primary task of this game--staying another week--over and over again.

You are under no obligation to like him for how he did it, but it seemed reasonable game play to me early on, and in retrospect I still think so. Morally? Well, I don't watch this show to see examples of high morals.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

To me, Russell is doing everything for show. I really don't think he's like this in real life. Did you see how humble he got when he thought he was going (before his found the 2nd HII?) No more referring to the others as being dumbasses, no more poking fun at how dumb everyone else is and how everyone is under his spell.

He's got some mad game, but I prefer for people to be themselves. I don't think Russell is nearly as bad as he tries to portray himself to be. I think he really DOES care about Natalie, Mick and Jaison to a degree but only acts like he just sees them all as his puppets just for show. He needs them just as much as they need him, and I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to realize that.

Shambo's my least favorite in the game, so I can't get on the Shambo wagon that most of you are joining in on.

As for Russell, I'm not a fan of his per se, but I appreciate his presence. Good gameplayer, for sure. And I like that he's a former Foa Foa'er, cause I've always preferred Foa Foa over Galu. But he's not someone I'm rooting. It's probably because I'm Team Laura.

I'm really excited about next week's episode. There could be a tie coming up since it seems like Shambo has switched. We haven't had a tiebreaker before the F4 in a very long time, and I'm curious how the tiebreakers are done when we still have more than 4 players left. I've read that the purple rock is still in play before the F4 and that they switch off to the fire-making challenge when it's down to the F4, but no one knows for sure. Now we might get an answer next week.

And one last question: did anyone else think Jeff was a little harsh with Natalie during the last TC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3749866;
    Yep and I'll say that was the best tribal council ever not this one, well that may also be becuase I liked Amanda and also like Laura but don't really like Russell.
    Love ya, Tigerusty, but how can the TC with Amanda pulling out the HII beat the TC when Edgardo was voted off (in Fiji). It was an entertaining TC, but seeing the cocky Horsemen getting knocked down was great.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Just posted a purple rock question on the spoiler thread....still trying to remember the actual circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3750413;
    Shambo's my least favorite in the game, so I can't get on the Shambo wagon that most of you are joining in on.
    Well, she's just a follower. Around her little stubborn quirks and (probably righftul) disrespect for a bunch of "90210 jackasses", yoga exercising in camp, etc. what she really "needed" was the external form of respect, even if it was just a shallow illusion. They didn't give it to her, so she bolted for the people who WOULD give it. But she's a total follower there, despite Russell taking her advice on who to boot.

I've called her "Shambles" for that very reason. Or sarcastically, I think I was calling her "ShamWow" before that. She's a mess, and the "wow" factor is kind of a sham. But at least she's an interesting curiosity because of it. Some of the sheep on the other "side" aren't even THAT interesting. They don't deserve single nicknames, much less multiple variations!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread