+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3749709;
    I'm with you 100% there CrossingGuard, I don't see all the negativity about Laura that others are seeing, I see someone that's playing hard and kicking butt in challenges. Russell finding that second idol definitely put him up a notch as far as gameplay but I have not forgotten the way he has spoken about women.

TigerRusty--hi. I'm with you. I'm getting very tired of any woman who is NOT on RH's side being portrayed as some sort of b****--by RH and by the show.

Abd I have;t foirgottgen how he speaks about women either.

What a nasty piece of work he is! Get him off my tv screen before I start to think there's some sort of vicarious pleasure being taken in his sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3749685;
    If Russell finds the idol again, you know it will have to do with production helping him.
    It just stuns me that you really think the producers would risk doing this.

Survivor's ratings are good enough that they don't have to risk sinking the franchise forever by tipping off a player, thus leaving a player knowing he's got infinite leverage on Mr. Burnett if he just threatens to blab to the Entertainment press that a P.A. walked up to him and gave him "a hint".

In other words, it ain't ever gonna happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749720;
    Announcing publicly that it is back in play certainly gives him an advantage.
    No. The exact opposite. You're putting a filter on it (an inaccurate one, I really think) just to support rants about Russell.

Russell would have assumed it was back in play. All airing that it was back in play to everyone did was to help these dimwits realize what he probably knew all along. It equalized things against Russell inevitably acting on what he darn well knew all along, before the rest of them even got off their lazy @sses. It didn't help Russell in the least--it HURT him because it took away any chance of him having some time (before the others thought of it) to look around camp on his own.

You hate Russell--I get it. But even if he deserves it, that doesn't automatically twist or change every single thing the show is doing into some insane plot to give him every advantage. It just doesn't add up (besides, "the fall of a villain" story arc would have made them just as happy as "the success of a villain"--either way it gives them something to juice).
    Last edited by Krom; 11-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749720;
    Announcing publicly that it is back in play certainly gives him an advantage. How manyt iems are they going to let RH slide by?
    I'm sorry, but how? Russ is the only one who has been smart enough (twice!) to look for an idol that no one told him existed. Jeff's big announcement levels the playing field - everyone else knows that there is an idol to look for. And if they don't look for it after that, then Russ certainly deserves to be the one to find it.

As for Russ vs. Laura: The difference for me is that Russ is all out there. What you see is what you get. He's a jerk, and I doubt I'd like him in real life, but d*mn he's good at playing Survivor! And I admire him for that, and for entertaining me. Laura is good at Survivor as well (esp challenges) and she's playing the game. Again, I respect that. But Laura presents herself as a nice person. Isn't she even supposed to be studying to be a pastor? Then she proceeds to be unnecessarily nasty (to Shambo especially), use bad language, and have quite the attitude (imo) about how Foa Foa should just go out quietly like lambs to the slaughter. To me, that's hypocritical. Which is why I prefer Russell.

Shambo continues to be a critical player. Even if she continues to side with FOA, FOA has a huge advantage if she is able to tell them Galu's game plan. This assumes the game plan is shared with her. Galu was thrilled with the outcome of the previous TC, which flushed out Russell's HII. I predict a dazzling discussion of all the permutations next week, which Shambo will never be able to work her way through unless someone tells her very directly what they decide. Fortunately Galu needs Shambo's vote, unless someone like Natalie pretends to defect. Each tribe needs a mole in the other tribe's camp.

Not wanting to get into the love-hate Russell debate....(tho I think he rocks!) I just want to say that I rewatched the TC from last night's episode and it has to be the best one in recent memory.
    The expressions on the Galu faces....especially Dave's....was priceless.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3749780;
    Not wanting to get into the love-hate Russell debate....(tho I think he rocks!) I just want to say that I rewatched the TC from last night's episode and it has to be the best one in recent memory.
    And don't forget Erick! He was fantastic.

What a terrific episode that was!!
    What is with Dave? We've seen little of the guy, yet every time we do, he's just shooting down someone and refusing to listen to their reasoning. Total piece of work!! I give Laura credit for getting the puzzle. Not sure why Mick and Shambo couldn't get it. It was just fitting shpes into a puzzle. As John ( I think that's his name ) would say, "it's not rocket science."
    I could have done without the killing of the rat. And, was it only shared amongst her immediate team members?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3749780;
    Whole-heartedly agree. It was the best TC ever, IMO.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3749749;

You hate Russell--I get it. But even if he deserves it, that doesn't automatically twist or change every single thing the show is doing into some insane plot to give him every advantage. It just doesn't add up (besides, "the fall of a villain" story arc would have made them just as happy as "the success of a villain"--either way it gives them something to juice).
    I don't "hate RH"--I hate what the producers have done to the show this season.

It is a one-note show about a one-note sexist narcissist.

How dull!

When I think of past seasons and the richness of diversity of the characters playing the game--it makes me very sad that the producers think they have to pander to a small section of viewers.

The fact that many viewers are saying they have NO idea who most of the players are speaks for itself.

The producers are destroying this show with their bromance with RH.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3749755;
    As for Russ vs. Laura: The difference for me is that Russ is all out there. What you see is what you get

...But Laura presents herself as a nice person. Isn't she even supposed to be studying to be a pastor? Then she proceeds to be unnecessarily nasty (to Shambo especially), use bad language, and have quite the attitude (imo) about how Foa Foa should just go out quietly like lambs to the slaughter. To me, that's hypocritical. Which is why I prefer Russell.
    I am in complete agreement. And this same philosophy, incidentally, is why I hate euphemisms like gosh, darn and heck. If you're going to swear, then swear dammit!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread