+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

This was a great episode. Wow, just wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3749405;
    I have always been intrigued by the effort that obviously goes into putting the votes into an order that will create the most suspense as Jeff reads them. First he read all the votes for Russell. It slowly dawns on Galu that one of them is going home, but who? who??? Jeff reserves all the non-Russell votes for the end, and the suspense is destroying them. Loved this episode!
    Just talking about that here today

What does Jeff Probst do when he goes to "tally the votes"?

After actually collecting the votes, Jeff consults with producers, who have been watching the voting confessional footage live in a production booth far away from Tribal Council. Based upon what they've seen and the actual outcome of the vote, they decide the order in which Jeff will read the votes aloud, organizing them for maximum drama and selecting which contestants' votes will be shown on TV. That's why the votes Jeff reveals first are the ones viewers have already seen.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3749409;
    Who?

We would know more if Russell had less face time

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3749409;
    Who?

Yeah, I actually typed 'Kelly', then stopped and had to think if that was the right name! I've been confusing her with Natalie (i think her name is) the past few weeks. Isn't Natalie the one who killed the rat? (who seemed pretty tame to me. I'd think it would be hard to sneak up on a wild rat. Just sayin'.

What do you think--Erik being this seasons Eliza? Remember how she was at every TC with her faces and antics during Micronesia?

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3749432;
    What do you think--Erik being this seasons Eliza? Remember how she was at every TC with her faces and antics during Micronesia?
    I was glad to see Erik's attitude at TC tonight. He's really got it in for the Galus now. That's good, if any of the Foa Foa four hope to pull out a win they're going to need some Galu votes.

I was sure Shambo was going to grin or something to tip her hand at TC, glad to see she held it together. Galu has no idea she's with the Foas.

The Galus really were still riding high on their arrogance and condescension towards the Foas. I think after tonight they'll have to refocus a bit. Can't wait till next week to see Russell run after the idol, and the Galus run after Russell. What a hoot!

I sure would like to see big dumb Dave or holier-than-thou Laura go next.

Honestly, was that puzzle the easiest challenge yet? I think we did those shape-sorter puzzles in kindergarten. Oh well . . .

Great episode tonight. Can't wait till next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3749269;
    I have no clue who half these people are. I saw another blonde besides Natalie and had to go to the website to find out who it was.
    Me too. Maybe because this is still the "Russell Show."

I counted Russell scenes until I got to 30 and then stopped.

There were still 20+ minutes to go in the show.

During tribal council every third reaction shot was of Russell while other players got no reaction shots at all.

I think it's great how the producers keep giving Russell more chances by giving him yet ANOTHER Immunity Idol.

Can anyone else say--"the fix is in"?

I'm not worried about the multiple idols myself - it does make it interesting and more cutthroat IMHO. Afterall, you have to be constantly paranoid to worry if someone's leaving to find the HII or if they're just going to the bathroom.

Now... I do worry that Russell might be finding them in too easy of locations, but that is more the producer's fault than his. I find it amazing he's found two of them without a clue - but that's because he's persistent. He may be as annoying and arrogant as anything, but I respect someone who has the gumption to go out there and make sure he can save his hide. Plus, he's got a great final three argument if he makes it that far. To me, he's a Richard Hatch who I think will be smart enough to pay his taxes... well that and he does have a likable streak in him.

Shambo I'm not sure though - I do hope that she does switch to Foa Foa when the time is right. That would also be an excellent mastermind play - though sadly, I do think she may not have it in her long term and the original Galus manage to get her out quickly.

Loved how the HII was played this week, and the reaction from Erik and others realizing they had been caught in Richard's web. It was a good ep, and makes me look forward to the next week's ep.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3749444;
    I'm not worried about the multiple idols myself - it does make it interesting and more cutthroat IMHO. Afterall, you have to be constantly paranoid to worry if someone's leaving to find the HII or if they're just going to the bathroom.

Now... I do worry that Russell might be finding them in too easy of locations, but that is more the producer's fault than his. I find it amazing he's found two of them without a clue - but that's because he's persistent. He may be as annoying and arrogant as anything, but I respect someone who has the gumption to go out there and make sure he can save his hide. Plus, he's got a great final three argument if he makes it that far. To me, he's a Richard Hatch who I think will be smart enough to pay his taxes... well that and he does have a likable streak in him.

Shambo I'm not sure though - I do hope that she does switch to Foa Foa when the time is right. That would also be an excellent mastermind play - though sadly, I do think she may not have it in her long term and the original Galus manage to get her out quickly.

Loved how the HII was played this week, and the reaction from Erik and others realizing they had been caught in Richard's web. It was a good ep, and makes me look forward to the next week's ep.
    How smart do you suppose Shambo is? Do you think she gets that when they had 8 Galus, she was #8, and that when they had 7 Galus, she was #7, and now that they have 6 Galus, she is #6? I can't really tell. I go from thinking she is 100% with the Foas to doubting where she really stands -- she seems to "fog over" every once in a while, like her focus is blurry. The Galus don't really seem suspicious of her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3749445;

How smart do you suppose Shambo is? Do you think she gets that when they had 8 Galus, she was #8, and that when they had 7 Galus, she was #7, and now that they have 6 Galus, she is #6? I can't really tell. I go from thinking she is 100% with the Foas to doubting where she really stands -- she seems to "fog over" every once in a while, like her focus is blurry. The Galus don't really seem suspicious of her, though.
    I believe she said in a confesional that Galu didn't know she had been with Foa Foa for the last 2 TC--so I think she has made up her mind.

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread