+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm surprised the other GaluGuys were so quick to toss Eric. They had formed an important alliance, and after the merge an alliance among all strong men is an important point of protection.

I'm surprised Jeff didn't ask if anyone wanted to play the idol. In retrospect RH didn't need to play it, but hasn't it been several times in a row that someone with the idol was voted out without having played it?

I'm wondering if the reason Jeff didn't ask if anyone had the idol was because the idols were no longer valid. The idol Russell found was supposed to be for a member of Galu and vice versa. Could be wrong and hope I am because even though I'm tired of the Russell show it was actually quite impressive that he found the idol with no clues as we've seen some players have all the clues and still not be able to find the darn thing. Jeff has always asked about playing the idols previously - just seemed strange that last night it wasn't mentioned by him.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3744624;
    Now this season is finally getting interesting. I love a good blindside! Erik never saw it coming. And how stupid was Russell for showing people he had the HII and then playing it when he didn't have to? I didn't realise what power players the Galu people were. Of course we hardly ever saw some of them because the show has been so focused on Russell and Foa Foa. According to the previews it looks like Russell might be on the chopping block next week. I hope so.
    I still know NOTHING about that young guy on Galu... I think they called him Brett? I honestly had no clue what his name was when he popped on my screen. And the name Kelly? foreign... as if I had never heard it used before. What a shame.

We could only WISH Russell was on the chopping block.. but somehow it won't happen, will it? *sigh* I'm so tired of the egotistical statements. If he was just a devious creep I could enjoy watching him.. but he crosses the line with the "I'm the best thing since sliced bread.. even better and all of these people are idiots" attitude.

Eric just about reached that pinnacle for me last night with his conduct at tribal council. What a jerk.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Erik just proved himself to be an even bigger tool than Russell. I can't say that I'm sad that he was blindsided.

Russell deliberately got rid of the idol because keeping it would've made him an even bigger target. Now that no one has even one HII, it should be interesting to see how this game progresses.

As much as I dislike Russell the members of old Foa Foa need him to stick around in case they can make it through one more tribal and the get someone to flip (maybe Shambo). They can see that the Galu tribemates are vulnerable (they were quite willing to vote out Laura until she won immunity - they were also talking Monica). If they can work those vulnerablilities they they have a good chance of sticking around. Now that Eric is gone the girls would be smart to form an alliance amongst themselves (including Natalie). If they kept it quiet they could probably get the numbers in their favour and take over the game. That said - the same could go for the guys if they bring Mick or Jaison (or both) to take the place of Eric. Now that Russell has played the idol and everyone knows he was making deals with everyone else nobody is going to trust him in an alliance with them unless he convinces the old Foa Foa tribe that he was making these 'deals' on their behalf also.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

i think the most fascinating part of last night's episode was that the merge actually complicated things for once. often the merge just makes it easy to figure out who the next few people to go are - the members of the minority tribe. last night showed that there are a number of members of the majority team who are willing to vote against former tribe members. it was a great shakeup, made even better by laura winning immunity
    _(Moo!)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3744645;
    I'm wondering if the reason Jeff didn't ask if anyone had the idol was because the idols were no longer valid. The idol Russell found was supposed to be for a member of Galu and vice versa. Could be wrong and hope I am because even though I'm tired of the Russell show it was actually quite impressive that he found the idol with no clues as we've seen some players have all the clues and still not be able to find the darn thing. Jeff has always asked about playing the idols previously - just seemed strange that last night it wasn't mentioned by him.
    I don't recall their being any rule about only being able to play the one hidden at the other camp. While that may have been the intent, if there was not a specific rule then it belongs to whoever found it, period. I think we as spectators often feel that there are rules where there are not.

FORT Fan

I loved how Eric got blindsided but I wonder how many people would have voted differently before TC? I also cracked up at Shambo "Eric who?" LOLOL Poor Shambo- she is so out of the loop it's comical. I don't get though how Eric went from wanting Monica out to Jaison.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3744646;
    Eric just about reached that pinnacle for me last night with his conduct at tribal council. What a jerk.
    Russell is playing for the cameras and about the game. Erik was being a jerk just for being a jerk's sake and being incredibly insulting to Jaison.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic
    I'm wondering if the reason Jeff didn't ask if anyone had the idol was because the idols were no longer valid.
    Jeff said no votes for Russell would count so his idol was valid. You could always give it to someone else so not sure why it would matter who the idol was originally found by. If Shambo had found it we know she would have had every right to give it to Russell. So why not assume he could just skip Shambo and find it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3744645;
    Clearly the idol was valid because Jeff accepted it as valid - we speculated beforehand, but now we know. The intent was that the other team would find it, but by accepting RH's idol we know that didn't matter. I assumed the reason Jeff didn't say anything was that the presence of idols hadn't been publicly disclosed by Jeff (as for previous seasons with Exile Island), but I hope the idol rules and treatments are confirmed at some point.

+ Reply to Thread