+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I loved Jaison's little speech at TC, which ended in the remark to Eric 'frankly, I don't care what you think'. The only way to top that remark was the blindside, which was priceless.
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.

I love this season. Even though I have no favorites (look at my signature, they were all out by the 5th boot ), I think this season has brought it with almost every episode this season. This season is such a step above Tocantins.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The only thing that really bugged me was when Eric was calling Jaison out on not doing much and Jaison starts in with how for 20 something years he's been fighting 'this' , etc. The disgusted look on Eric's face was telling. No one was being racial. I'm sick of the race card being an excuse. Jaison is a strong, intelligent man-- he should be stepping up his game. No matter what race he is. Irks methat he couldn't defend himself but had to use the same old excuse...

Otherwise-- GREAT episode! Really kept you guessing who was going home. Loved the blindside! And Russell really guessed wrong, in my opinion, and just gave up his immunity award. Couldn't keep his mouth shut about having it. I told my husband those girls would talk together and soon everyone would know he had it and was dealing with people at the same time. Not trustworthy behavior. But I do like to watch him work it! I hope he doesn't leave next week. He at least is playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sismith;3744424;
    I agree to an extent, but I also see how the other girls have treated her. They DO act like a highschool clique and have shunned her from the beginning. The only reason the guys have paid attention to her is to use her. She has really gotten a bum rap.
    I would have agreed but tonight she brushed off Russel without even thinking and just went along with her group after saying how much she liked Foa Foa who didn't shun her.

Best comment of the night: "Who's Eric?"

Watched twice and busted out laughing both times. I understand why she'd be confused at first but hilarious. Wonder why she was so shocked at the result when she was let in on the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3744389;
    I agree I think Russell will be okay next week. I still think it wasn't a bad idea to dump the idol after the way he's used it this season. The thing that I wonder about is why did he choose to use it the way that he did? It's like he wanted it, was smart enough to find it, had no idea what to do with it.
    Last week Laura had come over to Foa and Russel and her had bonded. I would imagine with that, Natalie and Laura's friendship, and her obviously being low man on the totem pole at Galu that he felt she would be friendly. It was low risk to show the immunity idol.

Then once she ratted him out and it got out that he had it the idol was useless. He was going to be blindsided as long as he had it might as well play it tonight. I think given the information he had he did the best that he could with the idol.

FORT Fanatic

I accept that Russell is the most compelling player this year but geez I'm tired of the whole show being about him. We hardly got to see Galu for the first half of the season and don't know an awful lot about their team dynamics except the Laura/Monica thing and the everybody hates Shambo. I barely know the names of some of the guys on that team. I hope the omens of Russell being in trouble next week are really true and not just a teaser. I'm very tired of him.

Quote Originally Posted by sismith;3744424;
    I agree to an extent, but I also see how the other girls have treated her. They DO act like a highschool clique and have shunned her from the beginning. The only reason the guys have paid attention to her is to use her. She has really gotten a bum rap.
    That is the nature of a group of young women with an older woman, and she should get over it, like older women all over the world do. Part of the reason they are making something of a pariah of her is because she is so freakin' hypersensitive. Despite her general ineptness, they probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with her if she wasn't always pulling the poor, poor pitiful me card. That is just asking for people to hate you. All that aside, Laura is a nasty bitch, though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Now this season is finally getting interesting. I love a good blindside! Erik never saw it coming. And how stupid was Russell for showing people he had the HII and then playing it when he didn't have to? I didn't realise what power players the Galu people were. Of course we hardly ever saw some of them because the show has been so focused on Russell and Foa Foa. According to the previews it looks like Russell might be on the chopping block next week. I hope so.

best episode of the season. while the preview leads you to believe russell may be in trouble, i doubt that he is. certainly he will probably scramble, but i think he'll split galu down the middle. you could think of the game as having three tribes now - old foa foa (4), galu men (3), galu women (3). shambo is ready to defect to join old foa foa, so with just a bit more outwitting, old foa foa could pick of galu in the manner that galu intended to pick them off.

all that to say galu apparently thought they could easily vote off one of their own and maintain their strength, but they forget that shambo is far from a guaranteed vote for them after how they have treated her and so they need to consider their majority now as 6 vs. 5.
    _(Moo!)

I was just about to call it quits on this season...and decided to give it one last shot. I am glad I did.
    I find it difficult to watch Russel, and am not sure that I will actually stick it out this season. On the other hand, I imagine this would be a boring season without his evil troll-like presence.
    Great blindside. Poor waste of the idol.

+ Reply to Thread