+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3745549;
    As Jeff Probst said in his blog" tired of Russell?, Sorry he's the only one doing anything!" want to see less Russell bitch at John, Kelly, Brett--if they didn't sleep 23 hours and 45 minutes each day maybe there would be something else to see!!

As far as not knowing Galu--thats due to Foa Foa losing every challange, even if they had shown less Russell and more mick or Liz you STILL wouldn't of seen more Galu. If one tribe has all the fighting and TC plotting THATS where the camera will be.

And ratings are up, even if posters are down.
    Jeff - don't blame them, or us - blame the casting people of the show! Stop casting 90% of the show with the same character - young wanna be actors, and put some REAL people in there!!

And, you mean to tell me that other people are not being interviewed, not doing confessionals, not giving their impressions of events? That the Galu tribe was basically "shut down" when the cameras weren't there, and didn't speak or have interactions until the merge? Because, as we see from the post-merge dynamics, something had to have been going on over there to get them to vote off their own tribe the second the merge hit!

I like Jeff, but that is a really stupid excuse for the Russell Show! The truth is, they promoted him before the show started as the "biggest Survivor villian in history", and they thought we would eat it up and ask for more! They greatly overestimated his star-power. And, now production is done, and it's too late.

Erik had to at least have been good for some drama or trash talk. No way that guy turned into a tool only after the merge.

We saw the GaluGuys posturing among themselves and how they tried to work Shambo. We saw Eric play the other Galus so he could search for and then hide the HII. I had great hope that the GaluGuys would be a strong counterpoint to RH after the merge, but there were too many alpha guys and it imploded. I recall trash talk from his confessionals.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3747031;
    Jeff - don't blame them, or us - blame the casting people of the show! Stop casting 90% of the show with the same character - young wanna be actors, and put some REAL people in there!!

And, you mean to tell me that other people are not being interviewed, not doing confessionals, not giving their impressions of events? That the Galu tribe was basically "shut down" when the cameras weren't there, and didn't speak or have interactions until the merge? Because, as we see from the post-merge dynamics, something had to have been going on over there to get them to vote off their own tribe the second the merge hit!

I like Jeff, but that is a really stupid excuse for the Russell Show! The truth is, they promoted him before the show started as the "biggest Survivor villian in history", and they thought we would eat it up and ask for more! They greatly overestimated his star-power. And, now production is done, and it's too late.

Maude Flanders--thanks for posting this. I know there are many of us here who agree with you.

This one-note show is boring as heck.

And RH isn't even a multi-level person. If he were he might be minimally more interesting.

But how would we know who else is an interesting person/player?

We don't get to HEAR anything theysay or see what they do with/to each other when it doesn't involve RH.

This has got to be Survivor's dumbest season ever.

It almost looks like they're trying to KILL the show on purpose so they don't have to leave their homes and live next to some jungle or other.

ETA--I personally do NOT believe that Jeff believes what he's quoted as saying about RH. I really think Jeff is smarter than that. But he appears to be a company man spouting the company line.

Acting like a little robot.

Kind of sad.

WD, I think your obsession with RH is taking you over, LOL. I know a lot about a lot of other players. I really looked forward to the merge because it promised to be a war between the GaluGuys and RH's harem. Given the dynamics that had built up in all the previous episodes (which wouldn't have been the case if the scenes had been limited to RH), the past episode was fascinating. I knew Laura had to win immunity since everyone agreed she would go, but that led to the suspense of the rest of the episode and one of the best blindsides ever on Survivor.

WD, I think your obsession with RH is taking you over, LOL.

200% agreement
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

ETA--I personally do NOT believe that Jeff believes what he's quoted as saying about RH. I really think Jeff is smarter than that. But he appears to be a company man spouting the company line.

Kind of sad.

So Jeff who see's all 300 hours of filming per episode doesn't agree with you and he is the one with a problem--pot, kettle, black anyone?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3747141;

Kind of sad.

So Jeff who see's all 300 hours of filming per episode doesn't agree with you and he is the one with a problem--pot, kettle, black anyone?

Until we actually SEE some footage of any of the other contestants we have NO proof that Jeff really thinks the "only one who's doing anything is RH"--or that what he is saying is actually true.

It's not scientific to come to conclusions based on incomplete/partial evidence.

But the show manipulates what we see all the time. It will always be incomplete/partial evidence on these shows. I think we've seen a pretty accurate picture of RH. As opposed to Coach who Jeff adored for reasons a lot of us couldn't understand at the time because he was intentionally edited to look like an asshat.

As far as proof of what Jeff thinks, that can be found in his blogs.

FORT Fogey

Brooks--hi.

We have no idea what the other players are doing because we never get to see them doing anything.

+ Reply to Thread