+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3745262;
    This hidden immunity idol situation is still bugging me. Obviously TPTB (ie: Probst) knew that both were in play for several weeks yet Jeff NEVER said "if anyone has the immunity idol now is the time to play it" BEFORE he read votes. WHY??
    I thought that was weird too. Peachy is usually on top of his game. Maybe he just forgot?

I'm glad Russ played his idol just to show everyone (including himself) that he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3744977;
    Erik wanted Monica out, foa foa ratted on him, the girls joined forces with them to out erik--those of us not counting Russell sences caught that.

Russell got almost a HALF hour of the program all to himself.

It's now past the point of being ridiculous.

Many people are complaining about not knowing who the contestants from Galu are.

One of the common cries this past week has been "Kelly WHO?" "John WHO?" "Brett WHO?"

That should not be the status this far into the season.

Russell has got to GO from our screens.

Or many viewers will GO from the show.Thwe lack of posters who were posting during the show demonstrates the problem very well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3745262;
    This hidden immunity idol situation is still bugging me. Obviously TPTB (ie: Probst) knew that both were in play for several weeks yet Jeff NEVER said "if anyone has the immunity idol now is the time to play it" BEFORE he read votes. WHY?? Was it supposed to be a secret (clues were only given to opposing tribe members when theyvisited the losing challenge team)---therefore Jeff never announced it? And speaking of visiting the opposing tribe wasn't Foa Foa cheated out of it one week?

In past seasons Immunity Idols have been put back in play when not used by players --might Eric's go back in play? And there has been more than one idol before--I think I remember James was voted off while still holding 2 idols?

This season does seem more confusing than others--we still don't know all the players and we are into the merge, idol rules are vague, and Jeff has disappeared a lot!!!

That is still bothering me too. When it happened--Jeff's not saying anything--and Russell stood up anyway--I almost felt as though Jeff's NOT saying it would mean that Russell couldn't play the II.

LIke they were trying to help Russell in some way--"Maybe if we don't mention he, he'll think he can't use it."

Whatever the truth of the situation--it was really odd--because by the time Jeff usually says "If anyone has the II now's the time to use it"--Jeff already KNOWS who is being ousted.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Jeff and the HII call out...
    Since, in theory, the only people who even knew there was an idol were the few who had been to visit the other tribe and seen a clue, I guess it was supposed to sort of be a secret that there even was one, so maybe that's why Jeff isn't asking... Or they were just saving time since there'd been so much plotting shown earlier. They haven't shown him asking for it at other TCs either so I don't think this was a special plot to save Russell. (Although since Russell had it from day one and it is usually his tribe at TC maybe it is! )

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3745521;
    Russell got almost a HALF hour of the program all to himself.

It's now past the point of being ridiculous.

Many people are complaining about not knowing who the contestants from Galu are.

One of the common cries this past week has been "Kelly WHO?" "John WHO?" "Brett WHO?"

That should not be the status this far into the season.

Russell has got to GO from our screens.

Or many viewers will GO from the show.Thwe lack of posters who were posting during the show demonstrates the problem very well.
    As Jeff Probst said in his blog" tired of Russell?, Sorry he's the only one doing anything!" want to see less Russell bitch at John, Kelly, Brett--if they didn't sleep 23 hours and 45 minutes each day maybe there would be something else to see!!

As far as not knowing Galu--thats due to Foa Foa losing every challange, even if they had shown less Russell and more mick or Liz you STILL wouldn't of seen more Galu. If one tribe has all the fighting and TC plotting THATS where the camera will be.

And ratings are up, even if posters are down.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 11-08-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3745549;
    As Jeff Probst said in his blog" tired of Russell?, Sorry he's the only one doing anything!" want to see less Russell bitch at John, Kelly, Brett--if they didn't sleep 23 hours and 45 minutes each day maybe there would be something else to see!!
    Add me to the ones who still aren't sure who is who on Galu. Even yesterday I had to go look up a picture of Brett, because I didn't even remember the name, & when I did, the face didn't even look familiar.

I've been figuring for a long time that Russell is one of the few who actually did anything interesting, & that the Galu members just didn't do anything fun to watch.
    Aside from not getting to know Galu, I'm also a fan of this season for a change. I've said it before, & I'll say it again: I'm sick & tired of Hook-Up Survivor! I find it interesting & refreshing that Russell & Foa-Foa are actually playing the game, albeit not very winningly.

I like the way the Tribal Councils feature Russell saying that he still figures they can win & has a positive outlook on the outcome. After reading the spoilers regarding the Final 3, I find his comments & confidence entertaining to say the least.

Positive attitude really is worth a lot & the former Foa-Foas still have it. They never give up trying or scrambling. Now THAT'S Survivor!!

This is one of my favorite seasons in a long time.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3745705;
    Add me to the ones who still aren't sure who is who on Galu. Even yesterday I had to go look up a picture of Brett, because I didn't even remember the name, & when I did, the face didn't even look familiar.
    I'm getting pretty good with the guys, but every time they mention Kelly I have to do a double-take - Really, there's a Kelly on Survivor this season?

I've been figuring for a long time that Russell is one of the few who actually did anything interesting, & that the Galu members just didn't do anything fun to watch.
    Aside from not getting to know Galu, I'm also a fan of this season for a change. I've said it before, & I'll say it again: I'm sick & tired of Hook-Up Survivor! I find it interesting & refreshing that Russell & Foa-Foa are actually playing the game, albeit not very winningly.
    Agreed. I don't like the fact that we haven't gotten to know Galu, but I think it's as much because FoaFoa lost so much as because of Russell. And, from the beginning, I haven't minded Russell that much. He's not a likable guy, for sure, but I like that he's playing the game, and I can't deny that he's interesting. And I LOVE that FoaFoa refuses to roll over and play dead just because they don't have the numbers. That's what makes a good game.

RE: Jeff and the HII. I'm not convinced that he didn't say it. Haven't we been told that tribal council lasts for hours, to take up 5 or 10 minutes of the show? I suspect that Jeff ALWAYS says it, and that they show it when and only when they feel it makes for good drama. It might have been dramatic this week, considering that Russell played the idol and Erick didn't, but they had so much great footage of Erick making himself look like a total *ss, that I think they just decided that would make better TV. I don't think there's any way that Jeff's not saying anything has something to do with "protecting" Russell.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3745549;
    And ratings are up, even if posters are down.
    Actually, I think it's a mistake to assume that posts on this forum relate in any way to how a show is doing. FORT is a great community, but I've noticed that it often does not reflect the opinions of the general public, as seen on other forums and in voting results. So even if everyone here hated Russell and hated Survivor this season (which is not the case anyway), it wouldn't necessarily mean that viewers in general feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3746228;
    RE: Jeff and the HII. I'm not convinced that he didn't say it. Haven't we been told that tribal council lasts for hours, to take up 5 or 10 minutes of the show? I suspect that Jeff ALWAYS says it, and that they show it when and only when they feel it makes for good drama. It might have been dramatic this week, considering that Russell played the idol and Erick didn't, but they had so much great footage of Erick making himself look like a total *ss, that I think they just decided that would make better TV. I don't think there's any way that Jeff's not saying anything has something to do with "protecting" Russell.
    I think the HII instructions may say the person has to stand up on his own at TC. Jeff can't mention it because it isn't public knowledge.

As far as putting a HII back in play, if so it won't be in the same way now they are merged. No more going to the other tribe's camp to find it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3746231;
    I think the HII instructions may say the person has to stand up on his own at TC. Jeff can't mention it because it isn't public knowledge.
    Good point. I don't remember Jeff ever saying anything about there being a HII at each camp, or anything else that would make it clear to everyone that there were idols to be found. So I guess technically, the only people who should know the idols exist are the ones who were sent to the other camp and given clues.

+ Reply to Thread