+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 11/5 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Shambo and Erik were the only votes for Jaison - everyone else voted for Erik

FORT Fan

Wow, 12 people in a merged tribe prove to be interesting. Made it difficult to plan a move, as you have to get 7 people to form the majority. And yea, bad, bad gameplay by Erik. Too much strategising with too many people:

1) With Laura - To vote Jaison but pretend to vote Russell to flush the HII.
    2) With Galu guys - To vote Monica.
    3) With Foa Foa - To vote Monica, but not include Russell in the plans to make him flush the HII.

With so much negotiation needed, word will definitely get out, and yep, it did come back and cause Erik to be ousted. Interestingly, it was John that kind of screwed Erik over by not agreeing with the vote Jaison, flush HII plan. Erik should have just stuck to that plan and it would have probably worked.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3744830;
    But why 9 jury members, they only need 7, why 2 extra? Makes no sense then really.
    This season follows the structure of Cook Islands, which I believe was the first season to have 3 finalists? Cook Island also started with 20 members, had 9 jury members and 3 finalists.

FORT Fan

During one of Russell's many interviews he mentioned that Foa Foa had a plan for merge and was implementing it. I've never seen a tribe have a plan beyond stick together. Any clue what the plan was?

And, I had never even seen or heard that rocket scientist guy talk until Thursdays show. This is why there are too many cast members, and why it's a bad idea to only show one tribe til the merge. I hardly know these people!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by elschmoopo;3745031;
    Shambo and Erik were the only votes for Jaison - everyone else voted for Erik
    And even Shambo knew that they were considering voting for Erick (they told her in the infamous "Who's Erick?" scene) so everyone really was in on the plan. No idea why Shambo voted for Jaison, except maybe that she was confused as usual.

It seems to me that when the tribe with the stronger numbers going into the merge decides it's OK to vote off one (or two) of their own because they'll still have the numbers, it nearly always backfires. The smart thing for Galu to do would be to vote off the 4 FoaFoa members 1-2-3-4. Once you let those guys stay around awhile getting to know people while you're voting off your own, they're going to find ways to manipulate things to stay in the game. Jaison and Natalie have already shown themselves to be better strategizers than I would have expected. We know Russell will always have something up his sleeve. And Mick is the strong silent type who may stay till the end just by not ruffling any feathers. Watch out, Galu.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3745094;
    During one of Russell's many interviews he mentioned that Foa Foa had a plan for merge and was implementing it. I've never seen a tribe have a plan beyond stick together. Any clue what the plan was?
    At least aprt of that plan was that each Foa would hit up someone on Galu and try to develop trust. They showed pictures of that during the merge banquet and RH saying how well it was working.

Nice blindside, wow how many episodes in before this season became interesting.

Laura just showed what an evil, ugly person she was by saying to Shambo, "if your feelings are hurt, then its on you". If someone's feelings are hurt it usually means someone did it on purpose. Just from her demeanor, I can tell, Laura has stepped on a lot of people and said a lot of mean things and has deliberately done and said hurtful things to people. Do the world a favor and please, please have a shark bite this woman.

What is funny is now I really want Russell to do well.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3744977;
    Erik wanted Monica out, foa foa ratted on him, the girls joined forces with them to out erik--those of us not counting Russell sences caught that.

I seriously needed that laugh!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

This hidden immunity idol situation is still bugging me. Obviously TPTB (ie: Probst) knew that both were in play for several weeks yet Jeff NEVER said "if anyone has the immunity idol now is the time to play it" BEFORE he read votes. WHY?? Was it supposed to be a secret (clues were only given to opposing tribe members when theyvisited the losing challenge team)---therefore Jeff never announced it? And speaking of visiting the opposing tribe wasn't Foa Foa cheated out of it one week?

In past seasons Immunity Idols have been put back in play when not used by players --might Eric's go back in play? And there has been more than one idol before--I think I remember James was voted off while still holding 2 idols?

This season does seem more confusing than others--we still don't know all the players and we are into the merge, idol rules are vague, and Jeff has disappeared a lot!!!

I don't really have a problem with the 9-person jury because although there is a possibility for a tie, at least everyone has gotten to know each other a little bit at this point. In past seasons when the 9-person jury was put into play, some of the players had not even been in a tribe together. For example, in Cook Islands, the F3 was Yul, Ozzy, and Becky. The jury began at Brad, even though the tribes had not merged yet. Brad, Rebecca, and Jenny ended up on the jury even though they had not made the merge. When it came time to vote, none of them had been on a tribe with Ozzy, and Rebecca had not been on a tribe with any of them. How fair is that to the jurors and to the remaining players?

And reading through the comments, I think I'm the only one who has liked this season all throughout. Yes, it's the Russell-show (with Shambo as the opening act), and yes, the editing showed a lot more of Foa Foa. And my favorites got kicked off early. But except for maybe one or two episodes, I've really enjoyed all the season so far. It's packed with drama, memorable TCs, good strategy by some, and a couple of good vote-outs (Ben, Erik). I would totally rewatch this season later on.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3744966;
    I never got this question asked, why all of a sudden did they go from Laura (I know she got immunity but why not a Foa Foa member) to Erik to oust? Did someone either John or Shambo that Erik either had or might have the idol and they wanted it out of the game?
    Here's a little more detailed response:

So Russell came up to Laura first in order to try and form an alliance with her. She denied him, so she quickly became his target. He went up to Monica for another alliance, but he didn't really like her, so he went to John right after. Then that's when the plan to oust Laura was spread throughout the tribe.

Then she wins immunity. Erik and Laura talk about getting Jaison out. But others wanted Monica out, and so Erik tried to get the plan going by almost forcing Foa Foa to vote with them.

But then Jaison, Natalie, and Mick (mainly Jaison) were discussing how they disliked how they were treated by the former Galu members, as if they were dispensible. They thought about getting Erik out instead.

Natalie, with her amazing social skills (I really have to give her props; it looks like she's already good friends with most of the people), talked to Laura and Kelly about getting Erik out. She told them how Erik has been telling people to get Monica out (it's ironic that Natalie uses this against him because it wasn't even his plan to begin with ). Laura dislikes this immensely, since she's really close to Monica. Kelly agrees, and they begin to tell the guys about the plan.

Everyone listens to Kelly. One of the guys (I think it was Dave) then goes up to Shambo to tell her, and she is shocked. Then one of the guys (I think it was John) came up to Kelly and told her that she could not change the plan. But Kelly wasn't budging. When it came time for TC, Erik and Shambo were the only votes for Jaison, and everyone else voted for Erik.

It was kinda perfect, really.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread