+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has Survivor Jumped the Shark?

FORT Fogey

Re: Has Survivor Jumped the Shark?

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs;3745084;
    He's the only one playing the game at this point. There's nothing else to show. Everyone else seems to be treating this like a vacation. I can't imagine the season without him. What are they gonna show, people laying on the beach sunning themselves and doing yoga?
    Exactly. I certainly don't want to see the Survivor - Club Med edition. I wish there were more Russell-types, so it would be a competition.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 11-10-2009 at 07:39 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3746912;
    I think there's a large amount of people out there who are tired of Russell. Wind seems to be one of many.

Noreality--Hi. Thanks for the support. I didn't think was the only one.

I'm hoping that the show's producers are reading this forum and noting that their love affair with RH long ago lost its allure for many viewers.

Time for us to get to know the other contestants so we can judge them for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3739748;
    The messages on the Survivor board have taken a downward spiral. No longer are people discussing the great moments, who their favorite player is, what alliances are building, etc... It has become more about the outcry of fans bemoaning the poor decisions that the producers are making which seem to be bringing down the show.

Next season, we have a very UNanticipated all-stars again.

So, my questions are: Have they "Jumped the Shark"?
    Where did they go wrong?
    How can they get it back on track?
    Is Survivor actually going to die out?

What do you think?
    Which Survivor season have we had (since the 2nd one or so) where someone didn't claim Fonzie was nearing the ramp?

In actuality, I think this one hasn't been a bad season. Due to only one or two people, sadly, but there have been seasons with ZERO interesting people.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3748077;
    Noreality--Hi. Thanks for the support. I didn't think was the only one.

I'm hoping that the show's producers are reading this forum and noting that their love affair with RH long ago lost its allure for many viewers.

Time for us to get to know the other contestants so we can judge them for ourselves.
    You can add me to the "No Russell Love" group.
    TEAM EDWARD... nuff said!

Not loving Russ the person at all.....but props to Russell the player! As far as jumping the shark, last night's TC was great....the expressions on the old Galu tribe's faces when Russell pulled out the HII....priceless They've actually had some really good TC's this season. While this go round of Survivor was a bit harder for me to get invested in, I'm enjoying it these days
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I think this show is swimming in a pool with no hint of a shark in the water anywhere. Every season seems to bring a new dimension to how someone plays the game. Russel, while not liked by many on a personal level, should be given tons of credit for playing the game to the hilt.

FORT Fanatic

What do those of you who are Russel haters want? If the show changing and developng as different types of contestants appear on the show isnt working for you, maybe what you want is the same season of whatever your favorite was should be rerun. Oh wait, if that is what you want buy that season on dvd.
    Personally I find Russel to be annoying, which is why I love watching him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345